Best folding stock for S12?

I just bought a Tantal wire sidefolding stock and the FSE recoil pad (http://www.fseusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=339) and will be mounting them to my S12 this week. I will let you know how it works out. I figure for a grand total of roughly $80 for a side folder, that wont impede my ability to fire the gun with the stock folded, it sure as hell can't be beat. I really didn't mind the recoil of my Saiga before I added my Limbsaver on my current rig, I just hated the marks it would leave on my shoulder.

• Like 1

One more thing, would you guys consider Ace to be the thinnest (width-wise) stock when folded?

I'm not certain there would be an appreciable difference width-wise from one to the other but so called "skeleton" stocks appear to be thin. Tromix and Red Jacket make one and CSS has both. This is based on photos though, not actually seeing the pieces in person.

Yeah from what I've research the Ace folder seems to suit my needs, thanks for the suggestion fellas.

One more thing, would you guys consider Ace to be the thinnest (width-wise) stock when folded?

ace is 1.75" center to center whe folded

bonesteel arms 1.5" center to center folded

tantal stock is 1" center to center folded

So no the ace is far from the thinnest folded, most likely the widest when folded.

Chris, just to be clear here what you are talking about in all cases is the folding mechanism right? I'm just seeing the word "stock" being used in this thread and from what I'm seeing when some sellers talk about stocks, it has nothing to do with the folding mechanism. You don't manufacture or market stocks do you? Just trying to clear up some confusion (on my part).

Also, your folding mechanism folds one way and can never be changed right? Whatever someone selects when buying, that's what it will be permanently?

These aren't loaded questions, I'm just trying to get it all straight in my mind, remnants of a misspent youth and such.

PS I bought a muzzle brake from Chris recently and he's great to deal with.

You can reverse the folder mechanism to make it fold to either side.

Which set-up are you speaking about here? I know Ace has a way to do this with a combination of receiver block and folding mechanism.

Yes, I am referring to the Ace folding block. Keep in mind that any folding block that requires the tang to be removed will have a slightly shorter folded length, if that matters to you. The Ace mechanism adds 0.7" to the rear of the receiver when folded.

It's also possible to flip the stock open one handed with just a flick of the wrist. Looks really cool, I'll try to get a video of it later.

Yes I am referring to folding mechanisms with the width measurements.

Also the ace when folded sticks out .7" from rear of receiver, our stocks out . 1.35"

yes our hinges only fold whichever way you select and cannot be switched.

We don't have any stocks avaialable yet, but are currently working on 3 new models, a billet skeleton stock, a galil style tubular skeleton stock, and an ultralight stock that is basically an 1.125" tube with a buttplate. All stocks will be integral to the hinge and not be bolted on. We currently only offer hinges with integraql ar15 tubes, threaded ar15 interface, and threaded "modular"(fits ace and other bolt-on stocks)interface.

Sorry for not being clearer earlier.

Had the Ace folder with the external receiver block at first.

I have the Bonesteel folder now.

I like it better in every way and so does everyone that has shot or handled my gun.

Smaller, lighter, locks up tighter.

...I honestly can't think of anything the Ace does better...

Thanks Chris. I've never had a gun with a folding stock and being left handed I'm not totally convinced that either folding left or right is the way to go. Having the option to change it for me at this point has value. A year from now I could probably say in no uncertain terms which way I'd prefer it to be.

It looks like there's a lot of competition in after market stocks so I'm sure you're being careful about how you proceed. I have no doubt that your folding mechanism is a quality piece.

well if you're looking for something that actually reduces the recoil, the only option really is an endine. All you'd need is any folding mech with an ar-adapter, and then any ar stock you wanted.

I went with the DPH skeleton stock.

well if you're looking for something that actually reduces the recoil, the only option really is an endine. All you'd need is any folding mech with an ar-adapter, and then any ar stock you wanted.

I went with the DPH skeleton stock.

Yes, GunFun suggested the Endine buffer. Looks like I'm going to have well over half the price of the gun in the stock alone but that's ok, she's going to run...and it looks like I'll be adding new parts to Saiga #1 too

I'm in the process of selling performance car parts to pay for it all...it's all hot rod parts in the end.

Thanks Chris. I've never had a gun with a folding stock and being left handed I'm not totally convinced that either folding left or right is the way to go. Having the option to change it for me at this point has value. A year from now I could probably say in no uncertain terms which way I'd prefer it to be.

It looks like there's a lot of competition in after market stocks so I'm sure you're being careful about how you proceed. I have no doubt that your folding mechanism is a quality piece.

I have found that I only use my folding stocks (S-12, MAK90, 10/22) for storage/transportation. It's difficult to be accurate with stock folded, so the side it folds to is not that big of an issue.

I have found that I only use my folding stocks (S-12, MAK90, 10/22) for storage/transportation. It's difficult to be accurate with stock folded, so the side it folds to is not that big of an issue.

I have a MAK90 also, I might put a folder on it too but first things first, Saiga #2's gotta get finished.

And while I wouldn't make firing it folded a priority, I'd want to be able to if the need arose. I've seen some stocks that pretty much make working the trigger from the folded side impossible.

Need any parts for that MOPAR? Oh, wait, all the stuff I'm trying to sell is GM... cool.png