WTF-Turn your S12 into a golf ball or potato launcher

No they aren't.

That's why we made our golf ball launcher for AR muzzle threads; 223 blanks are everywhere...

Also, I found empirically that the distance the ball will travel has more to do with the aerodynamics of the ball than the amount of propellant. Ours will fire the ball well over 1/4 mile and is a ton of fun to see.

Could you cut the shot cup out and make a blank?

Yes... if you just want a primer to go POP...

No... if you want to launch something like a golf ball... the trick is to maintain a back pressure against the burning propellant. This is what the shotcup ( wad) and the payload do. They restrict the gasses in a VERY CONTROLLED MANNER.

If you just eliminate the wad and shot charge... nothing is left in there to give the powder something to work against. It might work in your mind, in theory... but I am telling you it wont really work well in practice.

000.gif

I've always wondered if something like this could be built to launch dummy pineapple or baseball grenades. You know just to mess with the neighbors, lol.

I have the unit that fits on the end of my SKS 59/66 to do JUST THAT!!! Its a US made part... looks like a little missile with three fingers at the top... but it fits perfectly on the grenade launcher on the SKS... and a blank will send it, and a dummy grenade... about 100 yards... with X39 blanks... 032.gif

http://www.inert-ord...apts/index.html

The one on the left with a pineapple in it... 032.gif

000.gif

I tried one that Tom from CGW had out at the Pit once. Screwed right on the end of my Saiga 12. I even launched a stuffed Mickey Mouse with it....

[media=]

[/media]

Whats with all the Mickie hate?red_heart.gif

My wife worked for the rat in Orland for several years and I know if you have had the misfortune to, you would have prefered not to have.

If you want to launch golf balls get one of these for the AR it works very well and is easy to get blanks for.

Why does the evil thoughts of hiding in the rough at a golf course and shooting the balls out of the air as they fly overhead come to mind when someone mentions shooting golf bals?big_smile.gif

Here are some grenade launchers

http://www.autoweapons.com/products/destructivedevices.html

Edited by Bizarro