Just wanted to wish all of you an early Happy Father's Day! I'm fortunate enough to still have mine with me and he's close enough to be able to spend it with him, albeit a state away. Hope y'all get to burn through a few boxes of ammo together with your dads!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that your dad is gone, I dread that day. And sorry to hear about your son! We'll hope that he sees the error of his ways soon and buys dear old dad 1000 rounds for each of his calibers, THEN brings several hundred of each just for y'all to give them all a good and proper workout !! At least, that's how it would be in a perfect world!

Happy Father's Day, Tim!

Sorry to hear that your dad is gone, I dread that day. And sorry to hear about your son! We'll hope that he sees the error of his ways soon and buys dear old dad 1000 rounds for each of his calibers, THEN brings several hundred of each just for y'all to give them all a good and proper workout !! At least, that's how it would be in a perfect world!

Happy Father's Day, Tim!

Thanks, same to you, if applicable. It's not all bad, I suppose. He got out of the Marines last year and still acts like ammo is free, that's all. He also likes to shoot up everything we take to the range. I guess that's so we don't have to lug all that weight both ways.

Glad to hear that. Unfortunately for me, my dad is gone and my deadbeat son wants me to buy all the ammo, even on Father's Day. It's a cruel world. smile.png

you can adopt me, i'll buy all the ammo if you buy all the hookers and blow

Let me work out the math on that one to see if it's at least a break even deal.

Lol....

I gave my Pops 300 rounds of assorted ammo & 20 cardboard silhouette targets so all he has to do is grab a hammer & nail then find a clear path to a tree in the woods for pistol practice since the spot near him where we all used to go shooting is now blocked off.

Happy Father's Day guys. :beer:

• Like 1

I still have my Dad, got close a few years back to not having Him(heart), all is good for now.

My Son is great, gona clean my firearms for Fathers Day. We did split a rifel buy.

Happy Fathers Day.

post-37682-0-62913200-1339937854.jpg

• Like 1

Fatherhood is literally the deposition of biological material during a moment of passion. Actually it involves moments of passion. Like changing the first diaper; I puked a little. Their first steps, I shed a tear. The first day of school, I left a part of me at the school. My daughters' first date, I left the warning, “All boys are bad”. During their time on the ball field, my heart swelled in me and my pride was directed to the field, as if it were me out there; “That's my daughter!” rose unstoppable from my throat. Or the bloodied knees and shins from the hours of being catcher of sometime wild pitches. But mostly, it was the reminder every time I looked at them... the eldest wrapped in sheets, presented to me at her birth. A scared young man nervously cradled the small human form... and I became a father. Me in my doctor's garb awaiting the start of the c-section, feeling light headed as the surgeon casually made the incision, and the sound of my youngest daughter's cries before she left my wife's womb. In each, my heart reached outside of me to touch the new life.

Becoming a father and being a father involves leaving a piece of one's self with the child... for the child... to become the child. The lessons preached, the stories told, the example viewed by small eyes... all become the child, as much as the DNA .

Perhaps the greatest gift received in the many Father's Days I have had the honor of celebrating, the best was the witness of that once child echo (with conviction) some truth I impressed upon her. Life had come full circle and peace found my heart. Any of the doubts, about the kind of parent I had been or the kind of person they would become, were calmed. They would be okay.

For me, this day is not about my success or failure at being a father, but about the rise of the child beyond the little deposits I made. I am a father because of them.

I lost my father 7 years ago. I was honored to have been called a friend and a son. I lost my eldest 10 years ago and often wonder what she would have become... whether she and I would have friendship in addition to the already present father-daughter bond.

Life is good, though oft times short Tell em ya love em often.

buckmeister

Edited by buckmeister
  • Like 3

good for your FORKLIFT!!! welcome to the club.

they say that a parent losing a child is the saddest part in life, but otherwise we must lose our parents.

Im going to be really sad why my dad goes. really sad.

father's day is for the happy times, and the funny shit we all did together, or just for how we held out and did the right thing. they didnt call it "daddy day". its Fathers day.

I can think of a few times that my father cracked me up over stupid shit. It is how i celebrated today, and how my father celebrated his father, too.

I know you guys are out there, but just take a minute to try to think up the funniest shit that your father ever did, even if he was a prick in shorts. There is something you can laugh at.

"I SAID SQUINGILIE, NOT A SQUEEGIE" LOL

This was the day to remember the best in your father, not the worst.

Smile.

-Ben V.

• Like 1

I became a father at age 41 after 20 years of marriage. With the help of science (invitro) we had fraternal twin boys who will be 18 next month. They have one more year of high school and then they will take separate paths. One is headed to college and one will opt for trade school or specialized training. They were miracle babies that came with blood, sweat, tears and cold hard cash. I will never understand how someone could choose abortion. Life is a precious gift. Many will be called to account. I thank God I became a father. It's the toughest job I've ever had.

Gentlemen, y'all have blessed my heart greatly with each of your comments. And Fork, conrats! Sounds like we are/were lucky in the father dept. That's a lot of what's wrong with this world today...not enough "MEN" left. Any boy old enough a=can become a male parent, but it takes guts willpower, and determination to be a dad, or Father..."down here in the South, we callem "Daddy from when we are tots till they are gone." A lot of good stories here. Makes me proud to be fellow board members with y'all.

I became a father at age 41 after 20 years of marriage. With the help of science (invitro) we had fraternal twin boys who will be 18 next month. They have one more year of high school and then they will take separate paths. One is headed to college and one will opt for trade school or specialized training. They were miracle babies that came with blood, sweat, tears and cold hard cash. I will never understand how someone could choose abortion. Life is a precious gift. Many will be called to account. I thank God I became a father. It's the toughest job I've ever had.

Wow! Just wow!

I was momentarily speechless, which is rare for me. I'm really happy for you and appreciate you sharing your experience. Only thing you left out is that while it's the toughest job ever, it's also the most rewarding by far.

Tim

• Like 1