1 simple TAC47 Question.

My Saiga will cycle Winchester short short not even brass with my full reliability kit and the V Plug on full gas setting #5. I havent done any gas system work other than the V Plug, Puck and spring. Is this usually enough for the TAC47 to work perfectly. Technically the gun has only had about 100 rds through it and some people don't even consider that broke in (myself included) but man it runs good. I just don't want to have to manually switch settings. Not lazy I'm in the process of getting in to 3 gun and it as I'm sure you know may sometimes have several different kinds of shells in 1 mag for a stage.

Are the things I've heard about the TAC47 not liking under gassed guns true? Would you consider my gun undergassed? It won't cycle it on setting 4 and I heard that was necessary. I'm no fool I have alot of builds under my belt and I've been doing my own smithing for years. I've built only two AK parts kits but over 100 AR style rifles and even a G3 parts kit. All in my garage. With little or no instruction and everything I've built has run like a fine time piece. Not bragging just saying I'm not new to this stuff. I have also found over the years that you can't believe everything you read on some forums but ya'll come highly recommended so before I blow another $50 (I have a wife to answer too who shoots also so no BSing her) I wanna make sure. Thanks in advance.

The autoplug will not make your gun cycle better, if you are maxing out your other plug just to shoot low brass I think you may have problems with the autoplug. The beauty of the autoplug is that once you dial in the gun to run birdshot no other changes are needed to run slugs and high brass. I would do a gas service and then install the autoplug, with the lighter spring and the maxed out V-plug you are way under gassed.

• Like 5

The autoplug will not make your gun cycle better, if you are maxing out your other plug just to shoot low brass I think you may have problems with the autoplug. The beauty of the autoplug is that once you dial in the gun to run birdshot no other changes are needed to run slugs and high brass. I would do a gas service and then install the autoplug, with the lighter spring and the maxed out V-plug you are way under gassed.

I agree. The 'low brass kit' is the wrong way to go about achieving reliability. Gas operated weapon (key word "gas"). OP should get that thing running proper and then try the Autoplug.

• Like 4

if your gun runs without the autoplug, then installing the autoplug should not break it.

i'd be willing to be that if swapped out the Vplug with the factory plug, your gun will still cycle fine.

i got my gun running with all the factory components (springs, plug, fcg, etc.) then dropped the autoplug in and it runs great.

a weaker recoil spring means less force for stripping and loading the shell as well as locking the bolt.

that said, if you buy the autoplug and your gun won't run what you want, you can address the gas ports at that time. nothing lost, really.

Well the G3 3 isn't a gas gun. But it was headache. Like I said I haven't done any gas system modifications YET. I just didn't want to unless I had to. I'm fully capable of doing them so it's just a matter of getting the time to do it. I wasn't trying to make it cycle better I just wanted to know if it sounded like I had enough gas flowing already or not and it sounds like not is the answer. Hell I'm not gonna kid myself I'm gonna buy it anyway. No disrespect but I'm at least going to try and get it to run before I go pulling the gas block and unsheathing the dill press. I love this shotgun and it will be the animal I dreamed up when I committed to it for 3 gun. You know they have that extra set of well you know setting on the V plug for a reason. Maybe I'll see how it cycles on those lower settings. I know it backs the plug out and naturally that lets more gas through and as far as I can tell it's lined up well with the ports. Hey experimentation is part of the fun. Thank you all and I'll keep checking this post for any other suggestions. Hey if anybody has ever got one to run reliably on the TAC47 when they needed full gas any other way please let me know. I really think my threads are to deep or the block is to shallow or my ports are to far forward because I had to back the stock plug out a full turn to keep it from totally blocking the ports and making it a single shot on the high brass setting. We'll see, sounds like a good reason to go to the Gun Club to me.

Man I must have been posting at the ssame time as the guy above me. Damn I should have taken that typing class.

Funkedout, I like the way you think. Has anyone ever tryed drilling an extra port from the front of the gas block at a angle. Meaning not pulling it. If so does it work? I have a few minutes to spare to do this but it could be weeks before I could get the time to pull the gas block. I've got a family to support and I work in the Airline industry so I have a strange schedule and some long day as well as out of town travel to due airport audits (I'm not a flight attendant) I'm a ramp Lead/Supervisor/Auditor.

...Has anyone ever tryed drilling an extra port from the front of the gas block at a angle. Meaning not pulling it. If so does it work?

don't do it. the guy in this video did it along with several other things i'd recommend against:

http://forum.saiga-1...ts/#entry745361

the angle toward the rear is to minimize the amount of stuff that finds it's way into the gas block when you pull the trigger.

• Like 1

Funkedout, I like the way you think. Has anyone ever tryed drilling an extra port from the front of the gas block at a angle. Meaning not pulling it. If so does it work? I have a few minutes to spare to do this but it could be weeks before I could get the time to pull the gas block. I've got a family to support and I work in the Airline industry so I have a strange schedule and some long day as well as out of town travel to due airport audits (I'm not a flight attendant) I'm a ramp Lead/Supervisor/Auditor.

By drilling at the opposite angle, you will be directing debris into the gas block. Far from ideal. The gas block is easy enough to remove. Do that and drill at the proper angle. It is done that way for good reason.

...Has anyone ever tryed drilling an extra port from the front of the gas block at a angle. Meaning not pulling it. If so does it work?

don't do it. the guy in this video did it along with several other things i'd recommend against:

http://forum.saiga-1...ts/#entry745361

the angle toward the rear is to minimize the amount of stuff that finds it's way into the gas block when you pull the trigger.

Very well stated.

That video is a PRIME EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO.

Done Son!!! Gas block came right off and I'll be damned if there wasn't another port hid ing in there completely comcealed by the block. So I cleaned them up taking just a little metal out at the correct angle. Hogged out the block so it no longer blocked the port. Put it back together and put my original recoil spring in and it's running the same crap on #4 that it would absoluteley only cycle on #5 with the weaker spring. I'd like to thank everyone for the advise and from stopping me from drilling it the opposite way. Like I SAID BEFORE YA'LL COME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Ok, The G3 or HK91 is not a GAS GUN. I'm not sure of your definition of Gas operated but the G3 is not operated by gas. It is a semi locked roller gun. Slightly blow back operated but the gas is NOT bled off to operate the action. There is no gas port. No disrespect but I shoot this gun in Heavy Metal matches and I know it well. Maybe we are having a terminology thing here but it is not operated by bled gas.

It's action is off the MG34 and MG42 style. ROLLER GUNS

I am more than happy to debate this with you.

You know those times when you post something then read it the next day and it's like wow I sound like a d*%#! Even though you didn't mean it that way. Well this was one of those.