There good stuff, they put a little more beef in to there receivers and the rest of there parts are H&K on there older builds. Of the newer ones I've seen the parts they make are spec to H&K and are again well put together. Like Juggs I'm not allowed to have SBRs, but I did own there Vector V51 pistol. The roller lock helped immensly with function although the fireball and BOOOOOOOOM! out of a short barreled .308 is a little to intense IMO and the stamp could be used on something a little more functional like A Draco AK or AR in 300BLK. I sold it but wish I hadn't for the fun factor.

Everyone,

Would you trade your S12 plus (1) 5rd, (1) 10rd and (1) 20round drum for a factory Vector Arms V51, built on a PTR receiver? My S12 has about 1200-1500 rounds through it and this SBR has about 500. Everything looks good...what say you Saiga members?

trit,

The SBR I'm looking at is exactly like yours except it has the fixed, A2, stock and about 15 mags.

Think I saw where you asked about this on HKpro. Here is my take.The old vectors are GTG (yours 2007?) but .308 in an 8 in tube is a waste unless you just want it and you may. The fireball is huge as is the blast and your MV drops off considerably once the barrel drops beneath 10 inches. You are better served getting a 7.62x39 sbr as the shorter case will allow more powder to be burned before exit and if not mistaken will yeild greater MV/energy from the x39 cartridge. I went back and forth on this a year or so ago and came to the conclusion I just mentioned so I got a G3K with a 12.6 in.barrel and went with the PTR 32 PDW and had a Rhinemetall carrier shortened for FA use.

Think I saw where you asked about this on HKpro. Here is my take.The old vectors are GTG (yours 2007?) but .308 in an 8 in tube is a waste unless you just want it and you may. The fireball is huge as is the blast and your MV drops off considerably once the barrel drops beneath 10 inches. You are better served getting a 7.62x39 sbr as the shorter case will allow more powder to be burned before exit and if not mistaken will yeild greater MV/energy from the x39 cartridge. I went back and forth on this a year or so ago and came to the conclusion I just mentioned so I got a G3K with a 12.6 in.barrel and went with the PTR 32 PDW and had a Rhinemetall carrier shortened for FA use.

The older ones is what sold me on this deal. I have a Red Jacket, ZKMR sbr in 7.62x39 and love it.

What's the advantage of .308 with a short barrel?

the "kewl factor"

Advantage...hmmmm....kewl factor works but also I guess if I don't hit what I'm shooting the muzzle blast can burn'm up. haha.gif

I wouldn't have sold my Saiga for a 308 SBR.

That said I did sell my saiga for a SWR Octane 9-HD 2nd gen. two weeks ago.

Gun paid for the can, mags. paid for the tax stamp.

I couldn't pass the Octane up MSRP is 699.00 plus NFA tax I got the can as all taxes paid for 709.39

I now have two stamps out and am saving for a 308 can for my 700 PSS

And need to pick up a barrel in 300 BLK for a spare upper so I can shoot that suppressed too.

NFA is worse than crack I said I'd only buy a .22 can and now I've got like 8 stamps ( to out for approval)

Couple cans a destructive device ( rocket launcher) a MG ( looking to buy another one as soon as I sell my wrangler)

So be careful if this is your 1st transferable it won't stop there.

I will pick up another saiga here sooner or later.