I've always made it a point to be compliant. Triple check everything and every source of information on my guns and 922 compliance. My question is has anyone ever been caught or know anyone who has been caught out of compliance? Accidentally or didn't care doesn't matter. If so, how were they caught? What were the penalties? I'm curious but this could also be a teaching tool. Please share any stories or info you may have.

I'm not sure it is quite fair and proper to label this beating a dead horse. Give someone a break who is perhaps newer and more recent to the issue...even if it seems like beating a dead horse to long-timers...... a little consideration would go a long way here on boards like this.

Most people make a concerted effort to be/stay compliant. I have no direct knowledge of anyone being proscecuted soley on 922r issues....the consensus seems to be that some other, much more serious crime would need to be committed...and *then*....if that person owns ( or has used) the converted gun in question.....there is the likelihood it will checked for compliance where it will be "another charge" added to the more series crime charge already in-play. I don't think it's a minor issue...as I believe felony charges would apply for non-compliance to 922r. But it would be hard to imagine a solely-922r issue being brought to prosecution.

Absent any emotions...I also think it would be good to ferret out a thoughtful answer on this question, if certain case studies can be cited that show otherwise.

• Like 1

I'm not sure it is quite fair and proper to label this beating a dead horse. Give someone a break who is perhaps newer and more recent to the issue...even if it seems like beating a dead horse to long-timers...... a little consideration would go a long way here on boards like this.

Most people make a concerted effort to be/stay compliant. I have no direct knowledge of anyone being proscecuted soley on 922r issues....the consensus seems to be that some other, much more serious crime would need to be committed...and *then*....if that person owns ( or has used) the converted gun in question.....there is the likelihood it will checked for compliance where it will be "another charge" added to the more series crime charge already in-play. I don't think it's a minor issue...as I believe felony charges would apply for non-compliance to 922r. But it would be hard to imagine a solely-922r issue being brought to prosecution.

Absent any emotions...I also think it would be good to ferret out a thoughtful answer on this question, if certain case studies can be cited that show otherwise.

It doesnt take much searching on multiple gun forum to literally find 100s of threads on this very topic.

Right.... so let's think this through......

If ever there is a topic that was covered before in these forums, we immediately throw a wet towel on the guy and send him off with "do a search" command.

So...why have a forum?....I'm sure just about "everything" that ever needs to be said about Saiga's....was said *somewhere* in these forums....are you suggesting there is no repeat action going on here?. What if a "search" finds an answer and it ends up being out-of-date?. What if the 100 answers showed no 922r specific legal action.....but last week one came up in the news?.

And lastly....why give people a shrug-off instead of being helpful? Is it *that* much harder to be nice to people?

However, to the original poster....there *is* a Tech section chapter here on the forum, and one of the sub-chapters is the 922r compliance area section, where you may get better traction ( compared to this "General Discussion" section).... on this type of question.

Edited by IPSC45
  • Like 1

Thank you IPSC45 I appreciate your patience. I have never asked these questions nor have I checked any of the legal areas on any forum because I've always been compliant and never needed to so I really didn't know it was a dead horse issue. Thank you for being kind. I agree with you on the whole search thing. Why get on these forums if your not willing to discuss and sometimes debate things over and over and occasionally over again. I'll be abandoning this post now and I'll go on back to the Saiga 12 side.

I'll go further.....

I am on many web boards....cars, guns, etc......but....

Between this forum and the AK forum, I have seen a common theme in many responses.... to be arrogant, insulting, and unhelping to the extreme by *some* of the existing members. I had to chime in. Maybe it's this "tough-guy" personna for the AK gun itself,...that's it's a rough-and-tumble gun...maybe that brings out the rough-and-tumble in the responses too. I dunno. But by far, judging from the responses I got from asking fairly straight-forward questions, these 2 forums ( by far) have been the most inhospitable I've found.

Don't see this on the Beretta board......

Don't see this on the Browning board.....

Don't see this on the Walther board.....

Don't see this on the various foreign car boards.......

Its......on all/......boards............Ive seen...........it all over too..................Its not arrogance or.....tough guy...........its just annoying some............times..........seeing the same threads............week after ............week...........

• Like 1

Chevy Shatner... Lol

I heard that if you assemble sOmething and aren't 922 compliant, and say ATF 3 times, they'll kick in your door at 3AM to arrest you and confiscate everything you own.

922r does add to American manufacturing.

• Like 4

Its......on all/......boards............Ive seen...........it all over too..................Its not arrogance or.....tough guy...........its just annoying some............times..........seeing the same threads............week after ............week...........

So get of the boards for a while haha.gif J/k your right.

• Like 1

to be honest, i could give a fuck less. my shits in compliance as far as i know, but i will say fuck that law. its a stupid ass regulation put in place by a bunch of incompatant asshats that illeagally ran guns into mexico to blame our 2nd Amendment. How many of their guns are in compliance? do you really think their MP5's and UMP45's and other guns are going to be in compliance? i think not.

but with that said, this subject gets beat to death on all boards. and it does get old. but thats why there is a section dedicated to it. i try not to be a dick, but sometimes i cant help but laugh out loud at some of the replies to such threads.

chevy wasnt being a dick. he just implied that it was beating a dead horse. which it was.

but i see the same behavior on several gun boards....not just this or the other. go to barf.com or the HK forums and others and see what kinda replies you get. we are playing nice here......for now....its only a big deal if someone makes it one....

2c.gif

I was caught with an AK that was not 922r compliant once. When the officer tried to put the cuffs on me, I pulled away and said "Sir, I don't think you know who I am. I am "Shooter", from the Saiga boards (formerly known as 22_Shooter). I have almost 10K posts there. Git yo fuckin' hands offa me, brah".

Then, obviously embarrassed by his rookie mistake, he apologized and let me go.

True story.

• Like 4

haha.gifhaha.gif was that before or after you woke up? naaaa.gif

I have no idea what you're talking about, sir. I was wide awake!

True story.

I hope he offered the arrested prostitute from the back of his car in an effort to make-up for his horrible mistake

He tried. But she was missing about 4 teeth.

My limit is 2 missing teeth. I have standards ya know.

• Like 4

haha.gifhaha.gif was that before or after you woke up? naaaa.gif

I have no idea what you're talking about, sir. I was wide awake!

True story.

I hope he offered the arrested prostitute from the back of his car in an effort to make-up for his horrible mistake

He tried. But she was missing about 4 teeth.

My limit is 2 missing teeth. I have standards ya know.

Bisch dun act lack u dint wunt dis, you mad cuz i sharg tu mush!

• Like 3

I'm not sensitive I started posting years ago on a Pat Rogers d@* riding forum and those are some touchy pricks. I just really wasn't expecting it to be a dead subject because I never leave the S12 side. It's all good chevy I get it no hard feelings.