What Hell Is This??

I was attempting to finish the conversion by putting the CSS FCG in but i got annoyed with the retaining spring and took a break...When I stood up, this fell out of my lap:

20120829_185009.jpg

Please help a rookie out

"11th firearm commandment: If you reassemble your gun and have left over parts, DON'T SHOOT IT." haha

• Like 1

Looks like a set screw, cant tell for sure. Could also be your beed sight Do you have one missing?

I have one at my pig nose adapter for my ar style stock. Your gun should be safe to run without it

Check the top of your.gas tube and see if your beed is missing.

Edited by Salt

Looks like a delrin-tipped set screw. Normally used for maintaining pressure on folding stock adaptors. Maybe check to see if there are empty holes in that area?

ETA: Phone tried to die on me before I could add this:

post-32852-0-65668700-1346387780.jpg

I don't know what kind of stock/adaptor you're using, but this is the rear of my push-button folder. I'm guessing you're missing one of these or something similar.

Hope it helps!

P.s. I'd loctite that bad boy If I were you- if it's falling out now, you can bet 12ga recoil will knock it around a bit.

Edited by JonnyDingDongs
  • Like 1