US Made Hammer works with Tromix Trigger & Disconnector

Hi All,

Great forum and great posts.

I recently purchased an MKA-1919.

I have been reading through the forums here for a while. I decided on buying the Tromix parts to change the stock and make the 1919 compliant. I had read that many were hoping that Tromix would come out with a hammer.

When placing my order with Carolina Shooters Supply I noticed they listed a US made Hammer for use with the Tromix Trigger & Disconnector.

Has anyone tried this hammer yet?

I ordered one and it should be here by Friday.

Once again, great forum and I hope I will be able to make helpful contributions.

Chris

post-44267-0-58102500-1347886023.jpg

Well there is a new player to the Mka market,Atomic City Tactical.Here is all I can find on them since they have no website yet only this Facebook quote.

"Well our first product that has been going out the door is a form and fit replacement hammer for the MKA 1919. This hammer is 922r compliant and has been designed to accommodate an AR-15 spring. It works with the standard MKA trigger and disconnector, the Firebird Precision FCG, and the Tromix trigger and disconnector. Price is $24.95."

We just received them last week and it looks like a quality part.

Great how am I gonna tell my wife I'm buying more toys for my Mka ?.lol

ps-Not a plug for CSS,but you guys are Awesome super fast shipping and great C/S.TY!

So whats the difference if any from this hammer to the stock one? besides its made in the USA. Is it a little heavier, stiffer spring? The only problem i really have with my mka is that it seems the firing pin doesnt hit the primer hard enough to fire the round. this happens atleast 1 out of 5 rounds. might just be the ammo...

The ultimate significance would be 922r compliance. This aids in reducing the amount of foreign parts to make it compliant.

So whats the difference if any from this hammer to the stock one? besides its made in the USA. Is it a little heavier, stiffer spring? The only problem i really have with my mka is that it seems the firing pin doesnt hit the primer hard enough to fire the round. this happens atleast 1 out of 5 rounds. might just be the ammo...

The ultimate significance would be 922r compliance. This aids in reducing the amount of foreign parts to make it compliant.

Yup. As far as I know, a replacement hammer (being nearly identical to the factory one) really wouldnt aid in light strike issues and is for 922r compliance. I imagine you'd have to deal with the actual firing pin for such issues.

However, I've been hearing that the replacement firebird fire control group (that uses AR-15 parts) is a different matter altogether. Talk to Jim or Nanci at Firebird and ask them if their FCG helps with light strike issues?

If worse comes to worse, contact RAAC. Other than their crappy business hours, they have been an absolute pleasure to work with.

Edited by FoxHound
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished my upgrade installation last night. This Hammer works awesome with the Tromix Trigger. Tony's trigger is of top quality with a great sear face finish. The Hammer on the other hand needs the release face to be polish and finish, at least mine was really bad but an easy fix. After some elbow grease and patience boths are polished to perferction and the feeling is a HUGE improvement from the factory trigger group. Now it feels like a top quality MIL spec AR-15 trigger with a good 6-7 pound pull.

A word of caution, if you install the Tromix Trigger (FCG) with the Tromix Grip Adapter, the rear of the Trigger bar will obstruct the installation of the Safety Level by about 1/8". This is caused by the Grip Adapter raising the "Floor" of the FCG and causing the Trigger to rest at a higher position. Not to panic, just mark with a Sharpie at the Trigger where the centerline of the Safety Lever is in relation to the Trigger. Remove the Trigger and file the area down to a minimum making a shallow cresent shape. You want to go little by little so that a zero gap can be achieved between both trigger and lever. Zero gap = no trigger move with Safety On!

A good side effect of the trigger bar resting higher in the FCG is that now you have less sear face engagement (but still safe) and as such less travel to sear release. The difference is great, at least on my rifle.

Edited by jim032374

I put a Wolff extra power spring on the new hammer and now don't have any more light primer strikes! I would get them 1 every 10 rounds with all types of ammo (but when the gun was new, I didn't have any). It got worse over time but this hammer and spring fixed the problem and made me love my MKA again!!!

• Like 1

I put a Wolff extra power spring on the new hammer and now don't have any more light primer strikes! I would get them 1 every 10 rounds with all types of ammo (but when the gun was new, I didn't have any). It got worse over time but this hammer and spring fixed the problem and made me love my MKA again!!!

I've noticed a few light strikes with mine lately , probably shot about 12-1500 rounds. Been shooting some older ammo lately, just figured that was the problem.