Ordering MOLOT GK-01

Where is a good place to order a MOLOT GK-01 brake? I've looked around and I've seen a few places advertising them, but some of them look a bit sketchy. Does anyone have a site/store that they have ordered one from without issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Where is a good place to order a MOLOT GK-01 brake? I've looked around and I've seen a few places advertising them, but some of them look a bit sketchy. Does anyone have a site/store that they have ordered one from without issues? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You talking about that strange prepper site? I was like OOOOOKAAAAY

LOL! I got mine there. Shipped fast. I would have bought it from CSS if they had them then. Greg ships before you even place the order ;)

I'm holding off of the CSS one until a few units get into the hands of other people. I want to see how well they are made and hold up. For now I think I'd prefer to spend the extra money on an authentic MOLOT brake. If I pick up a VEPR-12 down the road and the CSS brake gets good overall reviews I'll look into it.

The CSS brake is made from billet aluminum

As is the Molot -- for all intents and purposes the CSS version and the original Molot are identical. Seems counterintuitive to me to spend $175-$200 on a "original" Molot brake that does nothing to help with 922R when you can get the same thing for $99 and it counts for the 922R count... Just sayin.

Link to it:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1577/MOLOT-GK-dsh-01-VEPR-SAIGA/Detail

As is the Molot -- for all intents and purposes the CSS version and the original Molot are identical. Seems counterintuitive to me to spend $175-$200 on a "original" Molot brake that does nothing to help with 922R when you can get the same thing for $99 and it counts for the 922R count... Just sayin.

Link to it:

http://store.carolin...PR-SAIGA/Detail

Not identical, the MOLOT brake is forged, the CSS brake is machined billet. Everything being equal, the forged piece will be stronger then the billet

I'm not dismissing the CSS brake, and I might still go that route, but I was looking for a MOLOT brake first

Link to it:

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-1577/MOLOT-GK-dsh-01-VEPR-SAIGA/Detail

Where have you read Molot?

It's written is flowing:

US VERSION OF THE VEPR 12 BRAKE

SKU: CSS-VEPR12 BRAKE

Please send us an email if you would like to be notified when they are available.

Saiga 12/VEPR- US Copy of The Russian VEPR brake.

Excellent recoil reduction to keep you on target.

Uses factory threads.

Made in the USA and counts for 1 922r compliant part.

You are correct -- it does say "Vepr", But. Since you have much more experience with the brakes than anyone on this side on the pond, could you please tell me what the difference is between what you see in the picture (the labeled "Vepr" brake) and the Molot GK-01? It seems to my uneducated eye that it sure looks like the Molot GK-01... Could it have been mislabelled?

The reason I ask is that the brake pictured was imported by Samal and originally bought by me that I traded to Mike for a tromix monster brake. The picture displayed is of a GK-01. And yes it is "Molot".

I understand your pride in your country's product. It is indeed one of the best brakes on the market. It was only a matter of time before someone here reproduced it and sold it cheaper, cutting out the massive mailing fees.

P.S. I am a big fan of your posts -- you are a great contributor to the site. Keep it up!

LOL! I got mine there. Shipped fast. I would have bought it from CSS if they had them then. Greg ships before you even place the order ;)

REALLY! I thought it was sketchy. It was about the only saiga part you could order. Just a strange site. It was all good though?

You are correct -- it does say "Vepr", But. Since you have much more experience with the brakes than anyone on this side on the pond, could you please tell me what the difference is between what you see in the picture (the labeled "Vepr" brake) and the Molot GK-01? It seems to my uneducated eye that it sure looks like the Molot GK-01... Could it have been mislabelled?

The reason I ask is that the brake pictured was imported by Samal and originally bought by me that I traded to Mike for a tromix monster brake. The picture displayed is of a GK-01. And yes it is "Molot".

I understand your pride in your country's product. It is indeed one of the best brakes on the market. It was only a matter of time before someone here reproduced it and sold it cheaper, cutting out the massive mailing fees.

P.S. I am a big fan of your posts -- you are a great contributor to the site. Keep it up!

The guys from Molot Arms said that Muzzle brake pictured on CSS site is GK-01, made by Molot Arms (they know their production), I hope that CSS will change the picture for their own made muzzle brake, as they made with a description.

• Like 2

LOL! I got mine there. Shipped fast. I would have bought it from CSS if they had them then. Greg ships before you even place the order wink.png

REALLY! I thought it was sketchy. It was about the only saiga part you could order. Just a strange site. It was all good though?

GTG. Here it is....

post-22401-0-99115600-1350173289_thumb.jpg

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 3

PM sent, I posted the link of the place you can get this brake from yesterday ,but it was deleted this morning

GK-01 is the best brake for S12

• Like 3

Evl- Do you have any videos of you shooting that gun?

I shot some, but none turned out because I had the camera on the wrong setting. I may look at them again and see if I can at least get one slo-mo clip out of them. I hope to get halfass caught up with business and get a few practice sessions and videos in before December 3Gun, but it may not happen. I am slammed right now.

ETA: This thing is a Cadillac, but it is in dire need of a choke with the barrel so short (13.5"). I hope to thread it for WinChokes before next 3G.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 2

I shot some, but none turned out because I had the camera on the wrong setting. I may look at them again and see if I can at least get one slo-mo clip out of them. I hope to get halfass caught up with business and get a few practice sessions and videos in before December 3Gun, but it may not happen. I am slammed right now.

ETA: This thing is a Cadillac, but it is in dire need of a choke with the barrel so short (13.5"). I hope to thread it for WinChokes before next 3G.

DPH is making those choke extensions now with male threads. It would be worth it to have a tight group at a competition even if you are adding on 1.5" and still be able to use your comp.

DPH is making those choke extensions now with male threads. It would be worth it to have a tight group at a competition even if you are adding on 1.5" and still be able to use your comp.

I need to choke the 8" anyways, so I'm going to spring for the ream and tap. I'm just trying to keep the 3G rig as light and as compact as possible without being NFA regulated. I appreciate the info on the DPH units though.