Akdal charging handle

The MKA 1919 Gas System is based on the Remington 1100 design but that is where similarities end. Parts are not compatible including the Charging Handle. The Remington Charging Handle may fit into the MKA 1919 Bolt and Bolt Carrier and even set into the detent ball but it does not have the Slot Key of the MKA 1919 design. This key is locked in place by the Bolt during normal functioning, without it, the Charging Handle may move out of place..... The Remington 1100 Charging Handle uses a Notch instead of the mentioned Key.

I don't have a Remington 1100 but have made my observations based on the design diagram.

Simply put... Buy a MKA 1919 Charging Handle replacement from Firebird, you can get it for $39.99 from Centerfire Systems.

Cheers

Edited by jim032374
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The MKA 1919 Gas System is based on the Remington 1100 design but that is where similarities end. Parts are not compatible including the Charging Handle. The Remington Charging Handle may fit into the MKA 1919 Bolt and Bolt Carrier and even set into the detent ball but it does not have the Slot Key of the MKA 1919 design. This key is locked in place by the Bolt during normal functioning, without it, the Charging Handle may move out of place..... The Remington 1100 Charging Handle uses a Notch instead of the mentioned Key.

I don't have a Remington 1100 but have made my observations based on the design diagram.

Simply put... Buy a MKA 1919 Charging Handle replacement from Firebird, you can get it for $39.99 from Centerfire Systems.

Cheers

Jim, have had one of your charging handles on backorder thru Centerfire for quite awhile, can you tell me when you'll restock them ?

I was told by Centerfire a few days ago that they've never actually had them in stock and have no eta. I emailed FB and they haven't responded. May have to go with the Salem6 one if that ever comes out.

Funny, that is where I got mine...

Product Information

Product Name Part No. Quantity Item Price Total Price

MKA-1919 Extended Bolt Handle #MKA-EXTBOLTHDL MKA-EXTBOLTHDL 1 $39.99 $39.99

Subtotal: $39.99

Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $39.99

Edited by jgillaspy

I was told by Centerfire a few days ago that they've never actually had them in stock and have no eta. I emailed FB and they haven't responded. May have to go with the Salem6 one if that ever comes out.

Funny, that is where I got mine...

Product Information

Product Name Part No. Quantity Item Price Total Price

MKA-1919 Extended Bolt Handle #MKA-EXTBOLTHDL MKA-EXTBOLTHDL 1 $39.99 $39.99

Subtotal: $39.99

Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $39.99

thats where i got mine. (warning, mine was file to fit.)

We are waiting on the new Firebird design to come in.

Thanks Greg, I'll keep checking your site for updates. In the meantime I think I'll fab something from the Remington 1100 Combat Handle that Brownells has, welded to the shaft of the OEM handle.