AGP 10 round magazine broken after 3 shots?

After 3 shots using Winchester 00 buck, the magazine dropped. I examined it and found the front lip simply broke off where the groove is. Am brand stinking new to Saigas but I can only imagine this is not normal (or is it?). Prior to firing, I cycled shells through to make sure all was functioning normally and there were no hangups or anything to indicate there was any catching. Any info will be appreciated. This is mine: http://legionusainc....a-saiga-12.htmlpost-45329-0-55780000-1353455946_thumb.jpg

I'll put $20.00 on it being a simple defect.

It happens, it sucks, thankfully from what I've seen it is rare.

AGP should take care of you.

There were similar problems reported with some Surefire 12rd mags experiencing such breakages.

12rds is a lot of weight, magnum rounds and in particular, cold weather, exacerbated this problem.

• Like 1

Just received an email from Kevin at APG (very quick response). Sending new body to replace this one. Good to know this doesn't happen very often.

And good to know that some manufacturers are 100% behind their products and offer excellent Customer Service. 032.gif
  • Like 2

my question is this, shooting 3" 00 buck shot?

Where you using the magazine as a foward grip? as in holding on to the magazine while shooting those rounds?

I'm asking because I could see that happing from how people tend to shoot looking for forarm support.

I catch myself doing it now and again with my AR pistol.

it sucks that it happend, this is why i will wish for steel magazines.

Edited by Ravan

my question is this, shooting 3" 00 buck shot?

Where you using the magazine as a forward grip? As in holding on to the magazine while shooting those rounds?

I'm asking because I could see that happening from how people tend to shoot looking for forearm support.

I catch myself doing it now and again with my AR pistol.

It sucks that it happened, this is why I will wish for steel magazines.

Yep, 3" magnums & slugs can both put a lot of stress and weight onto mags, as does using the mag as a foregrip... Good questions.

And I think damned near everyone here, except for the polymer mag manufacturers, would love to see quality steel mags too. bad_smile.gif

Can you save the pieces? Would make a good test bed for some sort of super duper glue or bonding agent that might permanently repair the mag. My AGP mags work just fine. I have only fifteen (15) brand new 10 rounds spares. Should I get more? The whole world wonders. HB of CJ (old coot) (with too much time on his hands) :)

Now I'm going to have to inspect all of my slightly used AGP box mags in the area formentioned in this topic. Oh boy...more fun. I enjoy this kind of stuff. :)

I'll put $20.00 on it being a simple defect.

It happens, it sucks, thankfully from what I've seen it is rare.

AGP should take care of you.

There were similar problems reported with some Surefire 12rd mags experiencing such breakages.

12rds is a lot of weight, magnum rounds and in particular, cold weather, exacerbated this problem.

+1

If you really want a wild ride, try some Remington Express 3" 00 Buck.... whoa mule! whoa!

Works great on factory gas regulator setting 2 for breaking carriers.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Remember when everyone use to go on and on about the benefits of steel reinforcement?

It looks like there have been a few cold weather failures on both brands. Although, It has been years since I've seen any this bad on here.

For the people who want steel, they are on the way by a company that delivers on its magazine promises.

Remember when everyone use to go on and on about the benefits of steel reinforcement?

It looks like there have been a few cold weather failures on both brands. Although, It has been years since I've seen any this bad on here.

For the people who want steel, they are on the way by a company that delivers on its magazine promises.

If you know this to be a fact then clue us all in. Until then it's merely a rumor to me....

• Like 1

Look in the CSSpecs subforum. He is having the setup for production put together and is focusing on 8&10 rounders. Hardly a secret, and significantly more reliable than a rumour.

He's no novice, and he doesn't say he is making something until he starts to make it.