Got the agreement tonight to buy this rifle !! Still working out the details of shipping, etc., and sending the check, but it's a done deal........ !!

Not going to identify what it is just yet.......Some of you may recognize it on sight........... There were only two of these ever made !! Any guesses ??

Serious shit, and I'm really pumped about it !! WooHoo !!

post-3950-0-73368900-1354166384_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Was this the one made in a very specific cal? That, or I also remember Tony making one that was purpose bilt for accuracy. Regards, congrats and I'm glad it ended up in the hands of a friend.

This new rifle (new to me) is definitely in a very specific caliber !!

However, it's not the one that was purpose built for accuracy...... That was an AK .223 with a fully-floated barrel, targeting sub-moa accuracy from an AK !! (See pic) I still don't have that one yet, but my name is still on it ! (Familiar with Tony's workload ??) Tony assures me I'll eventually get it !!

Good memory there, Mark !!

post-3950-0-26908600-1354194651_thumb.jpg

He only built 2? I recall Tony saying somewhere that he got into building AKs for that cartridge because the AR market was getting flooded. I liked the idea for bear country, or hog hunting. It's a shame there aren't more out there.

Did you get it for pigs?

He only built 2? I recall Tony saying somewhere that he got into building AKs for that cartridge because the AR market was getting flooded. I liked the idea for bear country, or hog hunting. It's a shame there aren't more out there.

Did you get it for pigs?

There were only two prototypes built in .458 Socom utilizing the AK platform that Tony built.......... Mine is #2 of 2.

This particular gun was Tony's personal rifle !

Tony was THE PIONEER in big bore AR's, and there were a number of .458 AR's that he did (Sledgehammer series) !! ......not to mention that Tony was the one who held the contract to actually develope the .458 Socom round, and made the very first one in AR or AK........ (Google .458 Socom, look in Wikipedia, and check out "History")

I got the rifle for whatever comes up...... Pigs, bear, or whatever else............, but mostly because it's a TROMIX masterpiece that

I had the OPPORTUNITY to buy !!!

I'm fortunate enough to own several TROMIX weapons (even one of his TR-15 series, in .223), and it just doesn't get any better than Tony's work !!

• Like 1

Tell Ask Tony to please repaint it in 'Black & Tan.'

secret_smile.gif

Far as I know, Tony's only ever done ONE gun in black and tan, and it was a huge pain in the ass to get decent coverage with the tan......... That's my TROMIX 10th Anniversary SGL10 7.62 x 39 (pics).........

I did ask, and really don't mind a bit that he didn't want to fuck with all that !! He's going to check it over for me, and whatever he decides to do with it past that is just fine with me !!! I'll put up pics when I get it !!

post-3950-0-79008900-1354323691.jpg

post-3950-0-00180600-1354323707.jpg

post-3950-0-09587400-1354323738.jpg

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 2