Butt Pads

LOL

I was at the PK sportsman range on base here at Ft. Hood....

Shot a coupla boxes of slugs out of my S-12.....

I have a nice big purplish-yellow bruise in the pocket of my right shoulder...HAHAHA

As soon as I borrowed steve467's buttpad. I could tell the difference. Like shooting a 20 gauge.

I'm sooo gonna buy one of those.

Blackjack Buffer Pad, properly adjusted gas tube, and for the buttpad, I'll set this aside, because there is NO other correct answer:

Limbsaver Recoil Pad - Large Size

Get one of these and your felt recoil will be about halved. I fired five slugs without a recoil pad, and it hurt. A lot. I put on a Pachmayr recoil pad, and was sorely dissapointed, as it still felt rather painful after the next five slugs. For the last five, I put on the Limbsaver and was expecting my bruised and pained shoulder to scream in protest some more, but I couldn't even feel the shotgun go off. The muzzle jumped and my torso was pushed back with each shot, but I didn't feel it at ALL. Just to make sure I hadn't bruised my shoulder numb, I fired five more of the same slugs left handed, and once more, felt nothing at all (except for embarassment at my poor left handed aim :cryss: )

So I'd say 40% recoil reduction with a Limbsaver ($30 or so, slips right on to any buttstock), another 20% or so with the Blackjack, and with the right gas setting and a compensator, you're probably looking at reducing felt recoil by 70%-80%. With the proper ammo load, accessories, and dinking with the gas system, you could probably get really damn close to a zero recoil 12ga.

A 10rd (whenever someone gets those things produced) capacity, last round BHO (when produced, again), autoloading, lightweight, zero-recoil, 12ga, shotgun. Do you need anything else in a tactical shotgun? Can you get anything else in a tactical shotgun? Well I guess there's always the drum conversions :)

The Bulgie pads are very comfortable, effective, and made for the types of stocks we are using. They even fit the underfolder as stated above. Mine fits perfect on my K Var and Bulgarian stocks without any tape. I like it because I can easily slip it off in a second and put on one of my other Saigas or AKs. Shoot slugs all day and no more shoulder tattoos. One word of caution though, if you have a nice wooden stock be sure to put something between the wood and the inner lip of the pad or it will mar the finish on the stock around the front. :cryss:

There must be an echo in here...

Technically speaking it fits the Bulgarian grenade launcher. Just happens to fit the Nato stocks both skeleton and solid. And yes it's all business and butt ugly until you fire about 75 slugs! It gets quite attractive after that.

Edited by snake