Whats up with 7.62 ammo?

Let's see... Where to start?

The shootings in Colorado and Sandy Hook (as well as a couple other places).

Politicians attempting to legislate a reduction in crime by limiting certain ammunication, weapons and parts

Politicians tinkering around with second amendment verbage

Anybody who has a 5.56 or a 7.62 supported platform is freaking the hell out and panic buying.

With that in mind, some resellers are taking advantage of the situation and selling it for whatever they can get away with.

Edited by bws1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TacticoolTim" data-cid="852168" data-time="1358964662"><p>

That is a surprise. Maybe you should get some 22LR instead. Good old cheap, plentiful 22.</p></blockquote>

I can actually find 7.62 for $7-9 a box around here in stores, but .22 ammo is scarce and the 100 rd packs sell for $9 each in stores and value packs from individuals are going from $50-85 each!

Yeah, I am struggling to find 22lr right now as well. Value packs that were around 15-20 bucks, now selling for 50 bucks. No thanks.

Others have mentioned this as well, but keep an eye on your local walmart. Get to know they guy or girl in the ammo section, find out when they expect deliveries. If you are there when they open the box, you can get some Tula 7.62 ammo for a good price.

Damn I must be blessed. My walmarts is jam packed with 762x39. 4.96 a box for tulammo. I just got 1000 rounds today..was thinkin bout slowing my shooting down but if its around like it is here then ill keep it up. If anybody is interested maybe I can get a bunch and then sell it for like 50 cents more per box. I hate gougers.

• Like 1

4.96 a box? Hell, I live in the styx and our wally world has just about every type of ammo except the important kind. As in they don't stock it. Best I've been able to find it locally is 8 bucks a box at Dunhams.

Everybody I use is out of stock and backordered. An old standby pawn shop that normaly carries it only had 5 boxes, and 2 months ago they were 5.99 a piece now they're 15.99. What gives?

you live under a rock?

http://p.washingtontimes.com/blog/guns/2013/jan/22/miller-national-assault-weapon-ban-coming-thursday/#ixzz2IndVYELy

4.96 a box? Hell, I live in the styx and our wally world has just about every type of ammo except the important kind. As in they don't stock it. Best I've been able to find it locally is 8 bucks a box at Dunhams.

In the grand scheme of things, 8 dollars a box really isnt too bad..5 bucks a box is a lot better but if you can get em for 8, dont feel too bad. And I thought every wal-mart carried the import stuff..

Walmart by me (3 of them) only have AE for $18/box of 20. Fleet farm has 124 grain WPA hollow point for $5/box of 20. I bought almost all of it along with most of their Palm mags and 40 round Bulgarian mags.

Hmm..that sucks I thought all walmarts carried the same ammo.

Even accounting for taxes the ammo was pretty cheap (0.26$ a round). My Saiga loves tulammo. The only ammo I've had problems with was some Monarch I tried. Had a lot of flyers and the loads didn't feel consistent.

Edited by Tool_of_Society

Sportsman guide is starting to show availability dates in the next few weeks on some popular 7.62 ammo. 500 round packs for about $120 and up. Not avail right now, but I would imagine in the next few weeks that stuff will be selling again.

been finding certain walmarts tricking in tula again at 5.17 a box. but they went from 6 box limits to 3 box limits per day, and by the time I get back there they're all gone again. still no 9mm anywhere

I can find whole cans of 9mm and .45..

7.62x39 is selling so much that academy doubled the shelf space for it. They also raised prices..

It was unlimited mags and ammo on Friday at the local store and i bought almost $900 in mags and ammo, went back 3 days later and there was a sign saying 5 boxes of ammo & 1 mag per person per day. Lol oops. I still went in and out 3 times until the manager told me to leave! I tried to buy 2 AR's from the same store but different location on Tuesday and they only let you buy one AR per day and can get 20 boxes of ammo only if you buy a gun, otherwise 5 boxes. It's lame but happening everywhere.

Everybody I use is out of stock and backordered. An old standby pawn shop that normaly carries it only had 5 boxes, and 2 months ago they were 5.99 a piece now they're 15.99. What gives?

You obviously have an internet connection, yet you ask that question?

Cabela's had Herter's for $4.99/box w/$5 shipping 2 weeks ago (looking directly at my 400 rounds of it).

It was posted on this forum. Where were you? If you want to play, you have to at least be on the bench at game time...

When I first bought my Saiga I paid $2.50 for a box of Wolf.........................

I just ordered another 500 rounds of Herters from Cabelas at $4.99 a box with 5 dollar shipping about three weeks ago. I already had a little over a thousand rounds stored but the prices I was seeing at the shops around me was all the motivation I needed to start buying online.

Same here on the walmart limit. I really don't understand the limit thing, but whatever. I have plenty, so I guess I am just hoarding. It is just weird shooting ammo that I do not reload nowadays. I know with my reloads I can always make more. But with 7.62 it is weird to shoot it and not go buy more. It used to be the round I worried the least about being able to get. Now it is the most.

Trying not to buy into the whole panic buying thing, and I have thousands of rounds, but there is a part of me that is concerned Russian imports of ammo will face Obamacide in the near future. I hope I am wrong, because if American 7.62 is all we will be able to get, todays prices on the Russing stuff will seem liike a bargain.

Or I could just be totally off.....

Just picked up another 1000 rounds! Just under $340 after tax. Two 500 round cases of Brown Bear at thelocal Fleet Farm. Just gotta catch them on the right day (and hour for that matter!)post-46357-0-05310400-1359260698_thumb.jpg

Edited by dubya
Just picked up another 1000 rounds! Just under $340 after tax. Two 500 round cases of Brown Bear at thelocal Fleet Farm. Just gotta catch them on the right day (and hour for that matter!)attachicon.gif2013-01-26_22-13-20_361.jpg

Man It's too bad I had to blow all my money on college tuition because of financial aid screwing me over (I had to drop a class because of serious personal issues and it put me 1 hour below what they required). Otherwise I would of been able to buy a couple cases of the good stuff back when it was $230 for a 1000 rounds.

No liberal arts major here my goal is a bachelor's in Electrical Engineering.

Good for you! My fiancée is dealing with a very similar situation at school and it's messed up. Me I'm just a dumb truck driver lol. Im glad i got my Saiga when i did, right when the 7.62x39 started to disappear, and still rounded up a small chunk.

Good for you! My fiancée is dealing with a very similar situation at school and it's messed up. Me I'm just a dumb truck driver lol. Im glad i got my Saiga when i did, right when the 7.62x39 started to disappear, and still rounded up a small chunk.

Truck drivers make some pretty good money depending on what you're doing and who you work for. I don't look down on truck drivers at all. God knows if they relied on me to backup a tractor/trailer combo everything would be boned (let alone deal the morons on the road).