Sign in to follow this  
frontier737

5.45 ammo available (as of 2 Feb 13)

Wasn't that long ago I ordered a few crates from rguns for $210 each, now its $210 a tin, Funny thing is, even after doubling in price, it's still a better deal than 7.62x39

• Like 1

My local Fleet Farm has them in stock for 169.99. Still at least half a dozen 1080 round tins. Just picked one up about an hour ago.

ETA: located in Oakdale, MN

Edited by mixednuttz

Im am contemplating maybe getting a 5.45. Not sure if I will go Saiga or not, but definately 5.45. I am shocked that there are no U.S. producers of that said round. Unless I am mistaken. Do you guys know of anyone who makes it here in the US?

Breid70, I believe Hornady makes some steel cased 5.45 ammo, but its pricey (but its top shelf stuff, too). I see Widener's has the surplus 5.45 in stock. Received mine the other day..nothing like opening a wooden crate for your ammo..:)

man i do love the thought of a bulgy 74. I wouldn't have to do the conversion. If ammo were plentiful I might consider it. Of course after this firestorm comes to an end.

man i do love the thought of a bulgy 74. I wouldn't have to do the conversion. If ammo were plentiful I might consider it. Of course after this firestorm comes to an end.

dont think this ones gonna end anytime soon

• Like 1

dont think this ones gonna end anytime soon

You stole Dad's avatar.

• Like 1

It wont end anytime soon as far as Im concerned. Im just afraid that the prices wont drop much after this shit blows over. If it ever does.

I think prices will be coming back to normal in about 6 months..that seems to be the feeling with most dealers Ive talked to (unless they were selling me a gun, then the story was get it before its banned..lol)..