Sign in to follow this  
d3ceased

Conversion price in todays market?

I do not trust myself at all to convert a saiga 12, so im interested in knowing what the cost of a full conversion would be from a gunsmith or something.

Trigger group moved forward, barrel cut down to 18 inches with a permanent muzzlebrake, pistol grip, new retractable stock, maybe a new quality trigger

Parts to do it myself were about $300 give or take depending on the grip, stock and muzzle brake that you choose. Figure $200 more at least for labor to have someone do it.

My "conversion kit kilo" from TAC 47 was only $128,converted it myself in a couple of hours, But if you really DONT want to do it yourself $140 for labor is not bad comparitively. BUT the backlog at most of these shops is soooo long you may be looking at christmas time before you get it back, I read that Tromix is booked out nearly TWO YEARS! It really is NOT that difficult, at least watch the conversion video on Carolina shooters supply.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-template/Videos-and-Links/Page

Do the dam conversion yourself. If you can tackle simple problem solving and know how to use YouTube it's gravy.

It is very easy to do yourself with pretty basic tools. A drill, pliers, hammer and punch are pretty much all you would need. The assembly is pretty simple, if it doesn't fit then it doesn't belong there. Some of the assembly can be a little frustrating but it is not hard at all. The first one I did in a little over an hour and a half. The most recent one I did in probably 30-40 minutes, not including the paint drying. It takes me less than 10 minutes to go from a basic gun to ready to assemble then another 20-30 minutes to assemble.

Dolomite

So if there's anyone interested, Our conversion run about $250.00 plus parts for a standard conversion.

You should consider what refinishing is included in your conversion. There is no point in paying somebody for a conversion just to have marked up parts and slap some crappy rattle can paint on it.

I do not trust myself at all to convert a saiga 12, so im interested in knowing what the cost of a full conversion would be from a gunsmith or something.

Trigger group moved forward, barrel cut down to 18 inches with a permanent muzzlebrake, pistol grip, new retractable stock, maybe a new quality trigger

Email Jack at JT Enginering