I sold the RJ S12 today. The money is tucked safely away for my Tavor and a good optic. I'm thinking the Vortex Viper 1-4 looks like a great piece of glass for the price. I say "for the price" but it would still be the most money I ever spent on a scope. But then again, the Tavor will be the most I ever spent on a rifle. I'm a cheap bastard. 021.gif

No Mepor (mepro)? That's not kosher!

My Tavor won't be orthodox.

On a more serious note, I am a huge fan of red dot sights. Up to 100yds they're perfect. And can be used to 200 or so effectively. But for an 18" 5.56mm that isn't good enough. The 4x end of a 1-4 variable will extend the range closer to the limits of the cartridge while not giving up the speed of 0x. Yes I know it's still a compromise but I have other tools for 500yd shots on blue helmets. (I love to buy surplus helmets and paint them blue for target practice...)

• Like 1
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that I don't like the Burris MTAC but it's heavy and bulky and that just seemed to go against the purpose of a bullpup. This setup is better.  The BCM keymod grip is the only way to go.    

Hopefully going to the range soon... just a Primary Arms red dot until I decide what I will end up putting on it permanently.

Posted Images

Wonder if they will have an 18" bbl model? Assuming a 1x7 twist? You would have to run a dedicated can as the barrel muzzle is too close to your eyes and ears. Also wondering why I really really want one, but simply can not afford it. Also...a 9# trigger pull? Oh my. Oh well. HB of CJ (old coot) sad.pngsad.pngsad.png

My one of 2 bullpups is an STG556 Geibersjager 1 of 500. The stock trigger was mushy but I got the Ratworx hybrid trigger and the difference is black and white. It is made with AR15 components and is around 2 lbs. It is stellar, the gun is too.

And from the IWI facebook page this morning:

Suraj Birsen When will they be shipping?

Right Hand

post-4831-0-60991900-1363266439_thumb.jpg

Left Hand

post-4831-0-60865500-1363266451_thumb.jpg

FDE

post-4831-0-95751700-1363266471_thumb.jpg

I want an 18" but since all these are 16.5" I might just have to go small. lol I can always get a longer barrel later.

Edited by Darth Saigus
My FDE is in there, I can see it!

Hope they do make a .300blk... that would F'ing rock.

Not mine sad.png mines an 18". soon though. Figures I pick the model at the back of the pack......

Johnny Maura No 18" FDE's yet? sad.png
  • 373488_238732556257272_459816289_q.jpg
    IWI US 18's start next week!

yes, soon

those apart of the IWIBPF group buy, how many rounds are you dedicating to the review?

Pictures, video, and range reports are expected

Edited by AZG
I sold the RJ S12 today. The money is tucked safely away for my Tavor and a good optic. I'm thinking the Vortex Viper 1-4 looks like a great piece of glass for the price. I say "for the price" but it would still be the most money I ever spent on a scope. But then again, the Tavor will be the most I ever spent on a rifle. I'm a cheap bastard. 021.gif

No Mepor (mepro)? That's not kosher!

My Tavor won't be orthodox.

On a more serious note, I am a huge fan of red dot sights. Up to 100yds they're perfect. And can be used to 200 or so effectively. But for an 18" 5.56mm that isn't good enough. The 4x end of a 1-4 variable will extend the range closer to the limits of the cartridge while not giving up the speed of 0x. Yes I know it's still a compromise but I have other tools for 500yd shots on blue helmets. (I love to buy surplus helmets and paint them blue for target practice...)

I run this on my RFB. My dad was a little irritated that he liked the optical quality of my czech made optic over his swarovski. I like the case on his swarovski a little better.

http://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/shop/us/zd-1-4x22-rd/vy7l3cvftwrr/ctgRus.html

here's the ferrari.... http://www.swarovskioptik.us/en_us/products/57

this one has a pretty good case and the fiberoptic/H3 is nice but the H3 (tritium will die on you in ten years.) I would hope they replace it. I found that it's like pulling teeth with my Israeli scopes. The optical quality isn't even close to the meopta or the swarovski. https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TR24

I have spent time with each one of these. If they could only get the swarovski case on the meopta! The K dot reticle is my favorite. I also like the intervals of light. High, off lower, off, lower, off etc till lowest, off. It is a little bright at it's lowest setting in the dark but at that point, you can barely see the target anyway. It may mess up your night vision. Best to keep it off in that situation and use a projecting light source.

Here is the source for a really nice mount that is issued to our troops with a NSN number. They started out making motorcycle racing parts! High speed from the get go! Veteran owned and operated.

http://www.bobroengineering.com/browse/category/scopemounts/

Edited by Stryker0946

I do like the reticle on the Meopta, but my budget for an optic is a bit less than that.

After trying out an Eotech with an fts magnifier I am pulled in that direction. The quality and speed of the Eotech can't be argued with, and it's surprisingly precise with the magnifier. Yes that's out of my budget also. beaten.gif

I have friends and family with lathes. I suppose there is solvent trap + form 1, but I'd rather have a real one with some durability suitable for multiple calibers. Not to mention the risk that the can gets redefined as a worn out filter I can't rebuild.

will they thread barrels for less than 75 bucks? plus make me a couple adapters? i need a 32 auto adapter for my skorpion...from 7/16 28 to half 28...

on hte tavor, damnit i need one!!! i hope i dont get vepr'd...

• 2 weeks later...

Well they really are "here".

The first to post on gb sold using bin for $4k. Second rifle sold using bin for $3k (bet the seller wishes he'd put a higher bin on it).

Currently the highest one is bidding $3500, with others bidding between $2k and $3k. And there is a pair with a bin of $7k.

I haven't seen any at any of the usual sources but some may have come and gone while I wasn't looking.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Same crap that went on with the RFB when it came out. I got my RFB for 1300 shipped out of a square deal shop in Illinois of all places. The Tavor will be flooding the market very soon and all the people paying 4K will be butt hurt when they start showing up for less than the pre-order price.

They are shipping in the Group Buy on BullpupForum.com - 16" Black flat tops are first, my FDE will arrive on Tuesday then be shipped to me. A number of people have their racking numbers, and should be arriving today to a few people.

Copes pre-order is the same I hear.

I'll post pics as soon as mine is in.

• Like 1
Same crap that went on with the RFB when it came out. I got my RFB for 1300 shipped out of a square deal shop in Illinois of all places. The Tavor will be flooding the market very soon and all the people paying 4K will be butt hurt when they start showing up for less than the pre-order price.

I'm sure the Tavor will catch on like the RFB never did. I want one now but I'll wait till I find one below $2k. Shouldn't be too long.

I agree Darth, in a few months when the novelty is gone and there is a steady supply the price will level out nicely to the around $1600-$1700 new and $1300-$1400 used is my guess.

I heard, but havent been able to confirm, that the conversikn kits would be in the $7-800 range which seems quite high. Plus according the the guy above who did the review, switching out barrels is a pain in the ass and require almost total disection and special tools. This will put off a lot of people who were interested in conversions. Thirty plus minutes is not something you do at the range on a table. Will be more like decide the night before what you will run the next day and go with it. That being said i plan to get a 5.45x39 kit and burn tons of cheap milsurplus ammo through it. Once prices level i may even have a dedicated Tavor74 :-)

I have seen the conversion kits priced as you mentioned. Pretty steep. The 300blk will be less because it only requires a barrel, but I won't pay more than $300.

I foresee aftermarket barrels coming available in a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...
I want one soooooo bad!!!!

I do want one. I have $2k put aside to buy one.

I can't say I want one soooooo bad, cause if I did I'd pay $2500 for one on gunBROKER.

Before they were released I signed up for 7 different waiting lists for distributors that said they were going to sell under MSRP. Funny thing though, no phone calls...

If the prices stay above $2k I'll probably get bored waiting and I'll just spend the money on something else. Hell, for the price of a Tavor I can get a Sig 556R, an Eotech, and have money left for ammo.

• Like 1

Yeah, Battlecomp 1.0

Luckily, I got in on the group buy via bullpupform.com and got it about $400 less than MSRP Otherwise, yeah, dunno if I would. But since I may be retiring to a non-SBR state in a few years, this will take that role over nicely. Feels REALLY ergonomic and good in my hands - trigger is heavier than I like, about 10#. But there's hope that a upgrade will come out since the trigger group comes out in one chunk... a better trigger might help even with the bullpup design and long trigger bar. Hopefully.

And I think I actually like it with black mags installed vs the FDE! (thankfully... all I have are black)

I'm sure the Tavor will catch on like the RFB never did. I want one now but I'll wait till I find one below $2k. Shouldn't be too long.

No disrespect but, RFB never catch on? Where the heck have you been? Go look at one on GB, they have been selling like hot cakes at double the price you can order your's from a dealer with the right distributor since they came out. They even have their own following and guys custom making parts for them. KT can't keep up with the demand.

I believe the Tavor will be an even smaller niche since it is either set up right or left handed and it always sucks to have an ejection port in your ear in close quarters. Half the fun of the Ambi-pups is the tree stand advantage.

It will be popular amongst the guys who watch a lot of television. smile.png

904204_474745972596218_67648647_o.jpg

Hopefully going to the range soon... just a Primary Arms red dot until I decide what I will end up putting on it permanently.

Sick rifle! Now all you need is a sling and BUIS! I assume you already have a metric shit ton of magazines and ammo. smile.png

How's that trigger? The reset?

Edited by Stryker0946

Aha... have the QD sling (Savvy Sniper) and they actually have back up flip up BUIS built into the rail! They're basic, but seem to be decent. Shooting them will tell.

Sadly, the trigger is about 10#... but, it's smooth and the reset is not all that bad. I'm hoping that putting some rounds down will break it in a little more. It's a complete unit, so with any luck some more creative than I person will come up with a new trigger group that may make things better.

And yeah... loads of ammo ready to go, and it looks better with the black stippled PMAG's I have a zillion of nothing.gif

• Like 2