Shipping in late March or early April.

I honestly never thought it would happen.

God I'm tempted... I'm doing it.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/tavor-sar-flattop-16-5-barrel-flat-dark-earth-finish-detail.html?Itemid=0

post-4831-0-85440600-1362198176.jpg

General info. Great features.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that I don't like the Burris MTAC but it's heavy and bulky and that just seemed to go against the purpose of a bullpup. This setup is better.  The BCM keymod grip is the only way to go.    

Hopefully going to the range soon... just a Primary Arms red dot until I decide what I will end up putting on it permanently.

Posted Images

Ejection left or right. Charging handle left or right.

There is going to be a lot of gear flooding the market, so people can gather up the funds for these.

I'm thinking the Red Jacket S12 may get "traded in".

• Like 1

looks like the best bull pup I have seen so far. the only thing i question is the trigger pull weight. at around 9 pounds trigger pull that is stupid heavy for a rifle imho. hopefully you can change it. other than that it sounds great, but i am to poor for it any way. cry.gif

I'm just waiting on my invoice from Mr K. Getting the 18" FDE RH Model. Also going with the 9mm conversion kit. And shhh, don't tell noone but I'll be getting in on the X95 next year....hopefully

DO IT!

Edited by AZG

hehe... I was just going to point out MAC's reviews on it. :up:

I'd have to try one before I would consider buying it. I did get to try a PS-90 once, and didn't like the grips at all, esp. the foregrip area. I would also like to try the P-2000, I think I'd like that better than the '90.

"IF" things settle down with the RJF "Zombie Killer" .22 and they become more readily available (or I find a used one later), I might consider that one, too. Provided the budget allows for it, of course.

And here is the futureweapons episode about the military Tavor. I love the sight that turns on and off with the safety.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

I would just suggest this: if you want one, wait. I believe there will be a lot of people buying it up and discovering that they don't like the ergonomics of the rifle at all, and they'll be dumped back on the market lightly used. That, in combination with lowering prices as the scare buying levels off, should mean that you could pick up a Tavor at a nice discount in some time - maybe a year.

It's a nice rifle, but the feel is very wrong for me. I shot one at the range and I didn't like it. The bullpup thing sort of fizzled on me as well after owning another bullpup rifle a while back. Most of all, I don't like the weight balance of most bullpups. I feel like I'm holding a DVD player against my shoulder with a french baguette coming out of it.

Edited by mancat
  • Like 3

^^^ Per the availability and pricing, I am hoping for the same. I haven't shot one, but I know what you mean about the balance, it seems a bit off when you are used to a normal rifle. That said, I'm hoping in about 6 months or so to get one. I think it might be an optimal close-quarters (inside the house) home defense rifle. I'd at least like the chance to try it out a while and then decide against it if I must. Doesn't matter right now though, I am not paying a buck and a quarter per round to try out a new gun, or even to shoot my others.

• Like 1

I'm putting my Red Jacket up for sale to finance one. I've had it 6 years and shot less than 200 shells through it. It's just a safe queen and I'm not attached to it.

• Like 2
I would just suggest this: if you want one, wait. I believe there will be a lot of people buying it up and discovering that they don't like the ergonomics of the rifle at all, and they'll be dumped back on the market lightly used. That, in combination with lowering prices as the scare buying levels off, should mean that you could pick up a Tavor at a nice discount in some time - maybe a year.

It's a nice rifle, but the feel is very wrong for me. I shot one at the range and I didn't like it. The bullpup thing sort of fizzled on me as well after owning another bullpup rifle a while back. Most of all, I don't like the weight balance of most bullpups. I feel like I'm holding a DVD player against my shoulder with a french baguette coming out of it.

I agree with mancat, it is not for everybody .Thats why I have a folding stock on my siaga.

For me the KISS method is important for any gun I use. This looks like an awsome gun but pups are akward for me.

Thanks for the information post..

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Captain Hero" data-cid="871033" data-time="1362255863"><p>

I want one, but cant squeeze the coin with the new version of the Vepr 12 coming in.</p></blockquote>Do u happen to know who is getting them in?

No sir. I wish I did. Im hoping to preorder one if I can. lol

• Like 1