My house is a wreck with a renovation right now so we have stuff every where. Our middle child (17) brings a new young man by to meet us.

I hear them come and the first thing she tells him . . ."You will see guns in various locations around the house, they're loaded don't freak out, and above all else don't touch any of them, they're loaded." The young man is very polite, and finally asks if he can look at one of the Saiga shot guns. Before I can say anything my daughter tells him point blank. "No. You have no gun safety training, and we need to that at the range." He says, "Like you know anything about guns?" She replies, "Yes, I actually do. My parents have taught me, and I know exactly how to safely handle all of the firearms we have, and defend our family. Our whole family does, and we have at least one high caliber rifle, and one pistol for each of us if the shit hits the fan."

The young man was speechless. Guess he found out there and then he underestimated her.

My heart swelled, and I had a tear of pride in her.

• Like 10
My house is a wreck with a renovation right now so we have stuff every where. Our middle child (17) brings a new young man by to meet us.

I hear them come and the first thing she tells him . . ."You will see guns in various locations around the house, they're loaded don't freak out, and above all else don't touch any of them, they're loaded." The young man is very polite, and finally asks if he can look at one of the Saiga shot guns. Before I can say anything my daughter tells him point blank. "No. You have no gun safety training, and we need to that at the range." He says, "Like you know anything about guns?" She replies, "Yes, I actually do. My parents have taught me, and I know exactly how to safely handle all of the firearms we have, and defend our family. Our whole family does, and we have at least one high caliber rifle, and one pistol for each of us if the shit hits the fan."

The young man was speechless. Guess he found out there and then he underestimated her.

Bravo. Your daughter sounds like she knows what's up. Hopefully this boy will mind his manners, now that he knows what's up!

still need to explain to him how it works if he hurts your daughter!

well done!

I think after that speech, it's implied.

Edited by slippingaway
  • Like 1

I don't think that LRD have to explain it to him, I have $100.00 that says she either already has or will when he tries something. The prick may grab for a titty and find something cold and made of steel. :) Good going on training your young ones the way you have Sir.

still need to explain to him how it works if he hurts your daughter!well done!

She usually takes care of that too. Her last serious boy friend was a nice young man, and my daughter told him I was really easy going, and that it was her Mom he needed to worry about if he did anything to hurt her. When they broke up he made sure that my wife had no reason to find him. LOL

• Like 2

My eyes are a little misty just reading it! Well done, sir....well done.

When mine got old enough to leave the house, I made sure they had a knife, shotgun, and bible that went with them.

• Like 1