Done.

Would you support the creation of a Gun Offender Registry for individuals convicted of a gun crime?

Is this a proposal somewhere? I voted no, because once you commit a gun crime you are a felon and automatically "registered" on plenty of other lists...creating another registry is redundant, imo.

Done and I cant believe more votes for the universal background checks.

Sorry I am undecided on this portion of possible law changes. As I honestly feel that if your mentally ill there should be a system in place preventing you from purchasing firearms Although in the big scheme of things it wouldn't matter if there was as bad guys will get them anyway

Done and I cant believe more votes for the universal background checks.

Sorry I am undecided on this portion of possible law changes. As I honestly feel that if your mentally ill there should be a system in place preventing you from purchasing firearms Although in the big scheme of things it wouldn't matter if there was as bad guys will get them anyway

I can see why some people might think universal background checks might be a good Idea but once you take a good hard look at it it is a very bad idea.

1 it sets up the infrastructure for a national gun registration. Once it is law that you have to have a background check they will have a list of everyone that has at one time or another bought a firearm, then who knows what there next step would be.

2. It could make passing firearms on to family members or life long friends that you trust a crime without a background check. This sets up a lot of honest law abiding citizens for possible prosecution.

3. It is none of there buisness wtf I have as long as I use it in a legal manner.

4. It will not prevent most crime in anyway because guns used in crimes are for the most part stolen or otherwise obtained in an illegal manner. So I don't believe the bad guys are gonna care if they break the universal background check law if the are obtaining the gun for no good anyway.

Sorry to stray off point but I just wanted to share my point of view.

I voted no on all of them accept for the one about a registry for people that use guns in a crime. That one actually make sense to me. If anyone has a different opinion I would like to hear it. Out of curiosity.

• Like 1

^^^ Thanks for stating this, Rogers. Anyone would understand this to be reasonable on its surface. Its only until you dig deeper that you realize what is going on. Its an insidious grab at our guns, being set up to take place further in the future.

Per the loonies getting guns: would any normal law-abiding citizen sell his gun to a loonie? No. I haven't ever sold a gun to an unknown person, and if I didn't know them, I'd give them a look-over to be reasonably sure they aren't crazy (inquire to competence, and have some discussions beforehand to ascertain whether they are a loose cannon, as well as getting a copy of their identification). In addition, you already know friends/relatives, and as such, you wouldn't do it anyway if they were crazy. It should further be pointed out that HIPPA protects reporting of loonies into the NICS system anyway, and therefore, they are underreported even if they are crazy. It likely would not have an affect at all.

The thing is, as Rogers says, loonies steal guns, they don't purchase the legally. Even Newtown's loon utilized a stolen gun, and this law, if it existed before, would not have stopped it. Its non-productive.

Honestly, the best deterrent to this happening again is to have gun-toting security in our schools. These guys want to kill a bunch before they die, and the gun-holding security guard/officer is such a deterrent, they'd have to be idiots to bother with that venue. Now, they hvae to go to another gun-free kill zone. But, we can tackle that another day.

Ugh, and I was going to relax some.

Edited by Remek