I'm not a regular drinker and haven't been for years. I have, though, found a love for Redd's Apple Ale. Great stuff. Has anybody else tried it yet? It reminds me of the old apple Malt Duck back in the '70's (before I could drink, LOL).

• Like 1

I havent tried it yet, but I do want to. Theres a small pub here locally that has an alcoholic apple cider that is excellent. The cool thing about this place is that all the drinks they serve are imported. I do want to try some Redds though. I love the commercials.

I laid off the sauce last year under coercion at first but later on by choice. Never a heavy drinker, hardly ever drank liquor, but loved to pound the malt beverages down. Ever so often I still get a craving for Mickey's Malt Liquor or just same plain old Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull. I could get CRAZY pounding those things down...

back in high school, we had the "bull ice challenge" at parties. The challenge was to drink four bull ice 22oz-ers within an hour. Not many passed the challenge - I never did. I usually topped out at 2. I was never a huge drinker, since my body's reaction to lots of alchol is "hey, we're drunk, let's go to sleep" - kept me out of a lot of trouble.

Still, I sometimes think of that sweet bull ice swill and stench. Might pick one up for old time's sake.

• Like 1
I laid off the sauce last year under coercion at first but later on by choice. Never a heavy drinker, hardly ever drank liquor, but loved to pound the malt beverages down. Ever so often I still get a craving for Mickey's Malt Liquor or just same plain old Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull. I could get CRAZY pounding those things down...

Oh the good times Mickey and I have had! Our local LS puts protective plastic mesh things over 40s when you buy more than one. It used to be a badge of honor to have "sleeves" by the end of the night!

• Like 1

Mickey's is the shit. I love the puzzles under the caps.

• Like 2
Man... We might have the official S-12 beer thread happening here!

It had damn well better end up a notch better than "Natural Ice"!!! horror.gif

If so, I prefer lagers and wheat ales. Yuengling lager is my choice. It's "America's Oldest Brewery" and their main brewery is about an hour from my hometown. Hate light beers (other than Yuengling).

Man... We might have the official S-12 beer thread happening here!

It had damn well better end up a notch better than "Natural Ice"!!! horror.gif

If so, I prefer lagers and wheat ales. Yuengling lager is my choice. It's "America's Oldest Brewery" and their main brewery is about an hour from my hometown. Hate light beers (other than Yuengling).

I've sampled a Yuengling or two and really wasn't impressed. I would much rather a Newcastle or (Draft) Amber Bock!!!

edit: realizing they may not fit your initial criteria.

Edited by Maxwelhse

Yuengling has taken off down here in Dixie, most of the bars hawk that stuff nowadays. Not bad, but really just a average beer to me. Personally I've always liked the Hefeweizens. Paulaner and Shiner Bock are both kick ass wheat beers...beer.gif

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 1

Yuengling is local to me, kinda, but its nothing great just slightly less then ok. Its the most common local beer here in the tri state are for ever (Pa, NJ, DE).

Ive never heard of redds.

I ued to be a fan of IPA but not so much any more. My favorite are Belgian Ales. Seisons, with double bocks and Stouts closely behind.

My most favotrite Duele Teve

Weyerbacker Merry Monks triple

Weyerbacker Old Heathen stout

Round Guys triple

Round Guys Fuzzy Muttness stout

Pawel Kwak

Delirium

Unibreu La Fin Du Monde

Unibreu 17

Unibreu ...well most of their stuff

Omagang 3 philosophers double and triple

St. Bernardous - all of them

Yards Seison

Goose Island Soffie Seisson

Goose island Nut brown ale

Lienenkugel Canoe Paddler ( not a bad light summer ale, refreshing)

Lienenkugel Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

Lienenkugel Baltic Porter

I need time to remember more

Edited by Arik

^^^I became addicted to Lienenkugel Summer Shandy this past summer. If you told me that a lemon flavored beer was good I would have punched you in the face.

But... It *IS* good... Exceptionally refreshing on a hot day.

Yuengling is good. I prefer the Porter or the Black and Tan over the lager. Their normal beer is good if you can find it.

Penn Pilsner is a classic also if you can find any Church Brew Works stuff. Pious Monk Dunkle is awsome.

Recently ive been on a Guinness binge. Normal, extra stout, black lager; its all good.

Funny, just last evening I was at a bar enjoying some Flying Fish Grand Cru and Farmhous summer ale when the Redd commecial came on tv...I was like,,,,"hey I just read about that"!!

^^^I became addicted to Lienenkugel Summer Shandy this past summer. If you told me that a lemon flavored beer was good I would have punched you in the face.

But... It *IS* good... Exceptionally refreshing on a hot day.

If you liked that try some Seasons (aka Farmhouse Ale) from Goose Island and Yards or any real Belgian season. Less "fruit" flavor but oh so good on a summer day

Well I had one today at the bar, I must say that it wasnt bad. It kinda tasted a bit on the weak side, but for those looking for a good tasting stiff drink other than liquor, this is a good choice.