Wolf ammo is fine and functional, I have shot thousands of rounds of it. I however have found better ammo(more accurate),in Barnaul(bear) and Golden Tiger. That is for my rifle though! And that may be splitting hairs!

I like Wolf ammo. It's dirty, as is ANY import ammo steel case you'll get, but it has better powder. Shoot some stinky Tula, then switch to Wolf and you'll see what I'm talking about. Other than that... I don't care. I'll shoot whatever's cheapest, as it all goes "bang" at the range.

For fmj i like wolf, for hollowpoint i like tula bc the hole is bigger and on roughly 80% of ammo checked they have cuts on the inside that make them expand/fragment more. Tested this on a pumpkin last fall w a phone book shoved in it. Pretty nasty results. Just check the inside nose for the cuts w a needle. I wouldnt hesitate to use it on a deer inside of 100m.

I like wolf. I have quite a bit of wolf and a few other brands. I have FMJ, HP, steel core, but I can't for the life of me find any soft points or American made 7.62x39 with hunting bullets.

This test was with ar 15's, so to me it's not comparing apples to apples. IMO, a useless test.

And how is it useless? In every case (.223, 5.56, 7.62) it's a harder BI-metal projectile going down a chrome lined barrel at over 2,000 f.p.s. unsure.png

Unless the laws of physics are somehow different on your little planet. laugh.png

post-88-0-61223700-1364340333_thumb.jpg

This test was with ar 15's, so to me it's not comparing apples to apples. IMO, a useless test.

And how is it useless? In every case (.223, 5.56, 7.62) it's a harder BI-metal projectile going down a chrome lined barrel at over 2,000 f.p.s. :unsure:

Unless the laws of physics are somehow different on your little planet. :lol:

Well you can shoot bullets that are 3x more expensive if it makes you feel better over on your mini planet but the rest of us will continue to "ruin" our barrels with bi-metal bullets over here on Earth like we have been for years. Lololol.

BTW anyone here burn up their Saiga barrel prematurely shooting bi-metal bullets exclusively?

Edited by dubya
  • Like 1
Ok, my ammo shops where i live are fairly limited but I have yet to run into Tula ammo. Where do you guys find it other then on line. AKA Gander Mountain, fleet farm or Cabellas.

My local Walmart carries Tula....well for about 30 minutes a couple times a week anyway.

Yeah here i can find tula fmj at walmart for 5.99. Unfortunately for Hp i have to get it online so i get it in bulk.

Btw i did the same test with wolf wpa and mc hp and both acted just like fmj. :/ only the tula seemed to expand/fragment.

Yeah here i can find tula fmj at walmart for 5.99. Unfortunately for Hp i have to get it online so i get it in bulk.Btw i did the same test with wolf wpa and mc hp and both acted just like fmj. :/ only the tula seemed to expand/fragment.

I have plenty of HP if you ever wanted to trade 5 or so boxes of soft point. That's what I can't find locally.

Yeah here i can find tula fmj at walmart for 5.99. Unfortunately for Hp i have to get it online so i get it in bulk.Btw i did the same test with wolf wpa and mc hp and both acted just like fmj. :/ only the tula seemed to expand/fragment.

I have plenty of HP if you ever wanted to trade 5 or so boxes of soft point. That's what I can't find locally.

I know someone who happens to have 1100 rounds of 128 gr soft point hunting ammo.rolleyes.gif

I know someone who happens to have 1100 rounds of 128 gr soft point hunting ammo.:rolleyes:
That's what I'm looking for. Going after Bambi's dad this year...post-46357-0-05047700-1364617651_thumb.jpg

Got him two years ago and I seen his pa last year. Followed that deer for over a mile trying to get a shot...

Yeah id like to get some sp too, after i stock up on more 308 ammo. I stocked up on the tula 124g hp after i did my little test and use the wolf 124g for targets. I keep fmj around in a smaller pile as around here its all you can find when stores are actually in stock.

I like wolf. I have quite a bit of wolf and a few other brands. I have FMJ, HP, steel core, but I can't for the life of me find any soft points or American made 7.62x39 with hunting bullets.

Only 2 American companies that make SP are Remington(Core-loc line) and Winchester(Super-X line). I've shot both, and they seem to be on par with Silver Bear. Super-X nudges the Bear to 2nd at 200 yards, but all 3 are great at 100-150yds.

Here's the only SP I've found locally:

Winchester Super-X 123gr SP(silver box, and can run $1-$1.50 per bang.)

Remington Core-Loc 123gr PSP(traditional green/yellow box, slightly cheaper than Winchester)

Silver Bear 125gr SP(cheapest and puts food on the table. Dress the tip for slightly better accuracy)

Wolf 154gr SP(never could get consistent shots without dressing the lead tip. Looked like they simply took a HP and gobbed some lead on the tip.)

Others I have seen online include:

Federal Power-Shok

Cor-bon

Winchester PDX1(in final production stages, and will be my go-to HD ammo when released)

Sellier and Bellot

Privi-Partisan

Hornady SST and A-Max

Most SP will pop up around hunting season. I'm going to try to catch some of the Federal and S&B this year for testing. My SGL21 likes the Winchester the best at 200yds, but all perform the same inside the "combat zone" of 100-150yds.

And how is it useless? In every case (.223, 5.56, 7.62) it's a harder BI-metal projectile going down a chrome lined barrel at over 2,000 f.p.s. unsure.png

Unless the laws of physics are somehow different on your little planet. laugh.png

Well you can shoot bullets that are 3x more expensive if it makes you feel better over on your mini planet but the rest of us will continue to "ruin" our barrels with bi-metal bullets over here on Earth like we have been for years. Lololol.

BTW anyone here burn up their Saiga barrel prematurely shooting bi-metal bullets exclusively?

Im pretty sure they are right..wolff is a lot harder type metal and will wear your barrel out faster than if you didnt shoot that shit but i doubt anyone will shoot enough to make that happen.