I always thought San Francisco was the insane asylum of the universe to begin with, but when I stumbled across this nugget of joy, I was stunned

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-laws/san-francisco-bans-hollow-point-ammo-incorrectly-calls-it-military-grade-ammunition/

There are some good arguments for either side, when it comes to the use of certain kinds of ammo in large metro areas. But banning hp's is not only dangerous but shows that the city leaders are simply throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. I'm not going to belabor the points in the article, but in their angst to do what they feel is good for the community, they will do two things:

1) Get an increased number of people injured, due to flight and penetration characteristics, and/or ricochets of solid point, over hp.

2) Once again, turn the law abiding into criminals.

Laws like this do nothing to address the root cause: Criminals and the mentally ill getting their hands on things they shouldn't. All it does is endanger people.

If I remember correctly, HP's are also banned in N.J., only FMJ's allowed in handguns. And also they fine you on a per bullet basis on how many was in the gun. F'ed up crap, but it makes them feel good. Personally, HP's are the ONLY thing I have in all my hand guns, except for the Judge.

If I remember correctly, HP's are also banned in N.J., only FMJ's allowed in handguns. And also they fine you on a per bullet basis on how many was in the gun. F'ed up crap, but it makes them feel good. Personally, HP's are the ONLY thing I have in all my hand guns, except for the Judge.

IIRC HPs are legal in NJ. To have them in your home or transporting them to a "sporting event" is ok. Once they are loaded in a gun, I think you get prison time for each round. You are also allowed to transport through the state, unloaded and locked in vehicle's trunk.

GUYS,

THE WAY AROUND THAT NO HOLLOW POINT/FMJ's ONLY DUMBASSITY IS TO USE FEDERALS EFMJ (EXPANDING FULL METAL JACKET) OR THE "GUARD DOG" VERSION OF THE SAME.

THE EFMJ IS DIRECTED MORE TOWARDS THE L.E. MARKET, WITH A HEAVIER, SLOWER, PROJECTILE/VELOCITY, AND THE "GUARD DOG" VERSION PUSHING A LIGHTER/FASTER PROJECTILE AND MORE KEYED TO THE CIVILIAN CHL MARKET.

AVAILABLE IN 9mmP, .40S&W, AND .45ACP; YOU CAN RESEARCH THE BALLISTIC SPECS IN FEDERALS ON-LINE BALLISTICS CHART.

I KNOW THAT THE SHADOW WARRIOR TYPES USE THE 9mmP VERSION IN THE SANDBOX AND SAY THAT IT SLEDGES DOWN THE JIHADI-TYPES LIKE THE .45ACP, BUT WITHOUT THE RECOIL.

I'VE FIRED AND RECOVERED BOTH THE EFMJ AND THE "GUARD DOG" AND THEY DO DEFINITELY EXPAND.

WHEREAS ANY HOLLOW POINT CAN CONCEIVEABLY GET PLUGGED-UP WITH FOREIGN MATTER, EFFECTIVELY RENDERING IT A FMJ, IF THE EFMJ/GUARD DOG HITS SOMETHING, IT IS OPENING UP.

ALSO RENDERS MOOT ANY HOLLOW POINT FEEDING ISSUES.

TRY IT, YOU'LL LIKE IT!

JESS1344

• Like 1
I KNOW THAT THE SHADOW WARRIOR TYPES USE THE 9mmP VERSION IN THE SANDBOX AND SAY THAT IT SLEDGES DOWN THE JIHADI-TYPES LIKE THE .45ACP, BUT WITHOUT THE RECOIL.

Nope. There is nobody in the US Military even under SOCOM using anything but FMJ NATO rounds. It's a Geneva Convention thing prohibiting that kind of ammo. We play the game, Hadji doesn't.

MT,

Nope. There is nobody in the US Military even under SOCOM using anything but FMJ NATO rounds. It's a Geneva Convention thing prohibiting that kind of ammo. We play the game, Hadji doesn't.

AS IS OFTEN THE CASE WITH SUCH THINGS, THE LESS SAID THE BETTER, HOWEVER, THE U.S. ISN'T THE ONLY COUNTRY WITH THE AFORE MENTIONED TYPE OF FORCES.

I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT, AND WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL PARTIES CONCERNED, WILL NOT DISCUSS THIS PARTICULAR SUBJECT FURTHER, THE JIHADI'S READ THE 'NET TOO.....

JESS1344