Im proud of my local PD. This past thursday in my town, a Marine vet was shooting at cars. These are crazy days fellas. You can never be too safe.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/mar/23/maryville-war-vet-shot-10-times-in-police-stand/?partner=RSS

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2013/mar/22/maryville-police-continue-investigation-in-death/

• Like 1
That's a damn shame, nothing to be proud of when a fellow Vetern goes down like that nothing_to_say.gif

It is a shame, but Im glad that the Police didnt let anyone else get hurt. Especially innocent people. I cant justify people shooting random cars, but I too hate seeing a fellow Jarhead leave us in this manner.

• Like 1

Sad. I have a friend with PTSD. He's not good in crowds. I hope he never goes this route. He and three other soldiers were in a HumV that go blown up by an IED. The three others were killed and he got away without a scratch.

• Like 2

Sad situation, come back fucked up in the head and unable to conquer the demons tormenting you... And to die that way at home... Sad indeed.

But, he could have harmed innocents, and that is unacceptable, good job LE.

Yeoldetool, I hope your friend finds his way.

• Like 4

work us like dogs for opium and oil then forget about us when we're discharged. cunts.

no fucking way in hell will my kids serve corporations. no reason to sign up anymore. they fuck vets, fucked the gi bill, fucked the bonus and will soon fuck up the traditional roles in combat.

military? no! militia? yes!

• Like 5
work us like dogs for opium and oil then forget about us when we're discharged. cunts.

no fucking way in hell will my kids serve corporations. no reason to sign up anymore. they fuck vets, fucked the gi bill, fucked the bonus and will soon fuck up the traditional roles in combat.

military? no! militia? yes!

Well said Stryker. It seems to be the norm now.

• Like 1
Sad situation, come back fucked up in the head and unable to conquer the demons tormenting you... And to die that way at home... Sad indeed.

But, he could have harmed innocents, and that is unacceptable, good job LE.

Yeoldetool, I hope your friend finds his way.

Everyone comes back that way, war does that. Some can put it on the shelf and some can't.

I am crying as I write this . I have a sniper buddy whom I feel is slowly melting in to this . I feel so helpless.

• Like 1

If someone shoots at your house, at what point do you just "duck and cover" and call the cops, or return fire? :unsure:

Sad way to go but good job on the LEOs for preventing it from getting out of hand. Didn't sound like they had good shots even though they were using long guns.

Well, I kind of doubt he was just standing still waiting for them to shoot him. The article said he was "advancing on them." That could mean various things...

If someone shoots at your house, at what point do you just "duck and cover" and call the cops, or return fire? unsure.png

It was the Seattle area, they were probably too busy shielding their bicycle while cleaning the tears off their rectangle framed turtle-shell glasses and trying not to spill their latte on their macbook while soliciting organic vegetables inside their garage/ACORN HQ/homeless shelter.

• Like 2

Sad way to go but good job on the LEOs for preventing it from getting out of hand. Didn't sound like they had good shots even though they were using long guns.

Well, I kind of doubt he was just standing still waiting for them to shoot him. The article said he was "advancing on them." That could mean various things...

It all boils down to training or lack thereof. I don't care if the perp was advancing on them or if the LEOs had to shoot on the move, their hits should have all been center mass regardless.

• Like 1

It all boils down to training or lack thereof. I don't care if the perp was advancing on them or if the LEOs had to shoot on the move, their hits should have all been center mass regardless.

I do agree MT, especially at the range this likely occurred at. But I do have to give them this, they fired 10 rds, and scored 10 hits. Its a step up from the shooting involving the police in NYC that shot several bystanders. But still should have only had to fire around 2-3 to drop his ass center of mass, and it makes me wonder if they were trying to kill him or not though. Hard to say as not much is being released locally at the moment.