Fantastic Accessory For A Shotgun -- Whadjatink???

Hope this works on the Saiga. I am interested. Could be a survival game changer:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/03/27/the-awesome-adapter-for-your-12-gauge-shotgun-that-turns-your-gun-into-an-ultimate-survival-rifle/

Looks like it would convert a shotgun into a single shot rifle that could chamber .22lr, 38 special, .357, 9mm, 45 acp, 45 lc, .410 shotgun, 12 ga. shotgun, .223, 7.62×39 and 308.

Okay, did more research... it only works on a break open type shotgun -- BooHoo!

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 1

I've got a break action shotgun!

I've seen similar dealies before, but this is the first one I have seen made into a lightweight multicaliber kit. Most of them I have seen have longer barrels, which probably improves performance, but also increases weight and bulk.

I like the idea. Now that <$100 used NEF pays off.

• Like 2

Ahhh... another gimmick playing to the popular concept of 'Oh looky! I can use all that different ammo in one I'm going to scavenge in the SHTF just like in a video game!'

For $450 bucks, you can buy a hell of a lot of ammo even with current prices... no need to go scavenge for things you already have. Still the fact of the matter is that those adapters are nearly impossible to shoot accurately. Good luck hitting some small game animal with it at further than 10 or so yards.

That's cool, I don't see how it would work for a saiga but its still really cool

I think you probably could make it work, but it would require completely stripping the gun in order to fit the adapter into the chamber.

I think you probably could make it work, but it would require completely stripping the gun in order to fit the adapter into the chamber.

Not to mention the problems with mags and what about the bolt? Would it load other rounds properly?

I'm with you risky, ammo seems like a better choice. I still think its cool though

I think that I would rather have a few calibers in 18" adapters, like 22, 223 and 308. Still better than 3 rifles for weight and the accuracy/range makes it worth it.

Edit, I was thinking shotgun numbers but I guess 16" would be fine since its a rifle, duh.

Edited by romad7
I've got a break action shotgun!

I've seen similar dealies before, but this is the first one I have seen made into a lightweight multicaliber kit. Most of them I have seen have longer barrels, which probably improves performance, but also increases weight and bulk.

I like the idea. Now that <$100 used NEF pays off.

Yea, I've had my Pardner Tracker II that I paid $80.00 for in early 90's. I've tried selling/bartering that thing so many times, it ain't funny. Now I'm glad I kept it!

Thanks for the great post, Odd Man. I'll definately be getting this kit for my NEF shotgun.

• Like 1

It's an interesting concept but not very useful. Nobody will want to hump a loaf of steel around with them but it could stay back at your home or shelter. Even then, the calibers provided should be NATO standards. You will want the same calibers as your enemy. .40 s&w should be on the list! ;)

I noted pretty pathetic accuracy in the videos where it was actually tried. It needs a lot more o-rings to align it to the bore. I attribute most of the inaccuracy to play between the adapter and barrel.

Also an indexing marker to get it oriented exactly the same.

I a couple of those calibers, I think you could have packed a whole small pistol for comparable weight.

Simple conversion for S12 use: Buy ten of the units in your preferred caliber, chop them all to 3" in length, then load up a ten round mag and let 'em rip!

(Yes, I kid.)

Seriously though, one of these would be nice to have tucked in the stock of your "survival gun", if anyone has such a thing. Not terribly useful perhaps but I can see the market for it.