Brand New MKA 1919-XN Won't Cycle Low Brass!

I would like this thread to be informative to users who have trouble cycling low brass with their MKAs after the break in period.

1st Question: What are my options for promoting low brass cycling with the MKA?

2nd Question: If their are multiple options that help cycle low brass, then in what order should users attempt to fix the issue with each solution? example: like piston first, then spring, then gas ports, or whatever.........

Edited by saiga488

Just for info purpose,

We only, function test, new guns that get minimun mods , cut stock or grip , mainly just to MAKE SURE they fire .

Kinda hard to return a gun for warrenty AFTER the lower has been modified (cut).

So there are 3 ways to get a gun from us.

untouched, sealed in factory bag

function tested, with or without minimal mods

Fully built , fully function tested, broken in , these guns must pass this test, NO FAILURES, before leaving our shop

Just for info purpose,

We only, function test, new guns that get minimun mods , cut stock or grip , mainly just to MAKE SURE they fire .

Kinda hard to return a gun for warrenty AFTER the lower has been modified (cut).

So there are 3 ways to get a gun from us.

untouched, sealed in factory bag

function tested, with or without minimal mods

Fully built , fully function tested, broken in , these guns must pass this test, NO FAILURES, before leaving our shop

What sights are you using on that MKA in the Video??

I am certainly no expert, as I just shot my 1919 for the first time last week. But I had great results with Rem. Premier Nitro @ 1300FPS. I believe this would be considered low brass(OK yell at me if I am wrong). Yet had a bunch of trouble with Federal HI Brass Load @1330FPS. The S&B 00 buck also worked great. All problems were FTL. SO I don't know what that means but that is how my new one ran.

I have been having all my issues with the 1150-1200 fps federal loads. It seems like any load above 1350 fps cycles just fine. Maybe after I get a couple hundered rounds through this gun it will start to get a little better. I have just never had a semi-auto shotgun that needed to be "broke in" to cycle correctly.

I am curious though if the reduced recoil springs has similar pros and cons just like the saiga? Faster and easier ejection of the shell, but only good for light loads because it will slam the carrier into trunnion on heavy loads. This may not apply to the MKA though beacuase it has the excess gas bleed-off ports.

Try Remington 2-3/4 "Gun Club Target Loads...at 1200 FPS, 1-1/8 oz. 8-shot...They cycle Great in My XN....And have a Hard

casing for better feeding....Also! Make sure your Mags are functioning properly!

Except he ran the first mag dry, locking the bolt back, which is why he had to hit the bolt release after locking in the next mag. Ten on the first one, 11 on the second.

Edited by Hunter308

I've noticed that some MKA mags seem to have an optional +1 feature I have 2 5rd, er 6 rd factory mags, my 2 other 5 rd will fit a 6th shell, but are to tight to do anything. I haven't tried this on my 10 rd mags, but I suspect Turkish measure once? ahh fuck it engineering comes to play a lot?

• Like 1

I suspect Turkish measure once? ahh fuck it engineering comes to play a lot?

That's half right, pretty sure they use a string with knots in it for measuring...

That's funny , unfortunatly sometimes I wonder . . . . .rolleyes.gif most stuff is alright , then we'll get something that looks like it was built with a hammer and a forge under a shade tree.

Anyway , about half of the 10 rounders will hold 11

I suspect Turkish measure once? ahh fuck it engineering comes to play a lot?

That's half right, pretty sure they use a string with knots in it for measuring...

I got the best image of a turkish guy with a big beard yelling out how many fathoms a mag is

• Like 1