Threading MKA for Tromix Monster Brake?

Is it possible to thread an MKA XN barrel to allow for a Tromix monster or mini monster brake?

Or any good brake, really, Im not picky.. I just need something good smile.png

There's the shark brake, but I want one of the more effective brakes and I'm somewhat sceptical about just loctiting a brake on a 3-gun that will get bumped into barricades and tossed into dump barrels

Edited by gose

I have the MKA to Saiga thread adaptor that i use for now when shooting

Slugs....I keep a saiga 12 thread protector over it for now as i was thinking

Of going with MUZZLE products offered for the saiga 12...NOW THAT T@N

Has a sweet comp with choke i'm deffinately going to get the T@N...

Have you seen the T&N breaching brake? It's pretty bad. Dump barrels beware...

http://www.toothandnailarmory.com/product/TN045.html

It might look cool, but that thing is going to be pretty useless as a brake for competition use. For an end of barrel shotgun brake you need something _big_.

I also need to be able to change chokes, so the choke adapter isnt really going to work. It would be too much of pain to switch the whole thing between stages.

I need something like this:

Molot%2520Custom%2520Edition%2520Titaniu

or this

mk37.jpg

The Firebird brake makes a pretty good job, but since there is room for another brake at the end of the barrel, why not add one? :)

• Like 1

You guys know that tromix makes a shark brake for the 1919-right? No mods needed and you can still use your chokes. Obvious choice to me.

• Like 1

You guys know that tromix makes a shark brake for the 1919-right? No mods needed and you can still use your chokes. Obvious choice to me.

Yeah, I think I mentioned that in my original post ;)

Maybe I'll try one just for the heck of it in case nothing else can be figured out, but (afaik) the shark brake is inferior to the GK01 and monster brake and Id rather try for the most effective/best solution first.

Maybe a little less braking force, but also less weight. GKO1 is very difficult to satisfy chop and perm rules with if that is your plan, because of it's two piece design.

If you are going for extremes, maybe look into Firebird's comp that goes about 2/3 down the barrel.

Maybe a little less braking force, but also less weight. GKO1 is very difficult to satisfy chop and perm rules with if that is your plan, because of it's two piece design.

If you are going for extremes, maybe look into Firebird's comp that goes about 2/3 down the barrel.

The plan was just to add it to the end, dont really mind if it gets a little longer.

I have a Firebird racegun, so it has the 2/3 brake on already... I just wanted MOAR! ;)

What's a dump barrel?

RK

It was a lousy attempt at humor. The OP was worried about damaging the choke when dumping his weapon. The T&N choke looks like it would have the opposite effect.

What's a dump barrel?

RK

It was a lousy attempt at humor. The OP was worried about damaging the choke when dumping his weapon. The T&N choke looks like it would have the opposite effect.

I wasnt really worried about damaging the choke or the gun, all my guns are pretty beat up from years of 3-gunning... However, for a big match, I'm not sure I'd trust a comp that's only secured with loctite no matter how good their marketing material is... wink.png

Edited by gose
  • 2 weeks later...

You can use this thread adapter to put Saiga 12 muzzle brakes on your MKA.

http://cadizgunworks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

Any idea what kind of choke that adapter would be like? Full Choke??

Whatever Win/Invector choke you screw into it. i.e. full, mod, imp. turkey, extra gimmick, rifled...

You can use this thread adapter to put Saiga 12 muzzle brakes on your MKA.

http://cadizgunworks.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=61

Any idea what kind of choke that adapter would be like? Full Choke??

Whatever Win/Invector choke you screw into it. i.e. full, mod, imp. turkey, extra gimmick, rifled...

The adapter seems to replace the choke as it screws into its place, so what are you screwing the chokes into?

Sorry my mistake. I got that confused with another product I think he is or was making. You could probably call and ask him. My guess is that it is going to be cylinder bore unless otherwise noted.

Sorry my mistake. I got that confused with another product I think he is or was making. You could probably call and ask him. My guess is that it is going to be cylinder bore unless otherwise noted.

Got me all excited there for a second :P