That's great, more neighborhoods should fallow by example.

I used to have family there, didn't look that bad. Maybe it got worse

we have meth driven petty crime issue in Oregon but nothing like the big cities,Im a couple of counties north of where the article takes place.... we are gun friendly shall issue state, pretty much everything is legal here, so we tend to be less tolerant with the criminals when the popo keeps looking for excuses for more cash & in a more rural state we dont get much in the way of serve & protect. My neighborhood is the same way, if we flood we arm ourselves and block off access to the neighborhood to keep looters out

3 things I don’t want together at the same time:

me

at least some of my neighbors

and guns

one guy down the road accidentally shot a kid while he was loading his gun, at least one of the families is why I keep a gun a little more handy than I use to.

Seeing how it’s a dead end road with only 12 houses hundreds of yards apart I’d just as soon give the guys at each end of the road a box of shells and let them work it out.

• Like 1

Had the AT&T guy here today figuring why our fax line is dead, when I drove up the driveway and got out, the first thing he said was "is that a 40 or 45", I open carry, as much as possible. We got to discussing things and it turns out, he was packing a 380 in his pocket, needless to say, it took a while to find out the problem was not at my house :) but everyone around here knows me and the wife open carry, the FEW neighbors we talk to, always have a pistol on them when outside, ya know, because of all the "critters" crawling around in the brush. I won't hesitate to bust a cap in some crack heads ass if they come to steal my stuff again.

You would not believe the people that come into my shop, from the auto shop next door to talk about what they should carry. The guy that owns it, told me that they all talk about the "white guy" on the fork truck with the 45 on his side, loading and unloading trucks in the parking lot. It's well known around our shops that there is enough firepower to take care of business if need be, the guy next door deals in cash a lot, and I have walked into his shop many times with, let's say, some people with things other than getting their vehicle fixed on their mind, and he has told me he is grateful for the backup next door.

3 things I don’t want together at the same time:

me

at least some of my neighbors

and guns

one guy down the road accidentally shot a kid while he was loading his gun, at least one of the families is why I keep a gun a little more handy than I use to.

Seeing how it’s a dead end road with only 12 houses hundreds of yards apart I’d just as soon give the guys at each end of the road a box of shells and let them work it out.

These people you talk about, and many others like them give the 'more guns less crime' idea a bad name with alot of people. Not because everyone in said community is a moron(far from it), but because there is likely one idiot that can ruin a good thing.

The main problem I see, is too many people know too little about firearms and the implications of irresponsibility, even alot of gun owners are guilty. Everyone knows this is a problem. If our govt wanted us to be safe, from criminals and the 'under educated', there would be tv commercials every day on how to prevent accidents with guns(we all know there is one gun for every person in the us). It just shows that they are waiting for us to hang ourselves with the rope they have begrudgingly failed to reel in.

Its also a shame that our kids in schools get punished for talking about something that is legal and necessary almost everywhere. If our schools even had one gun safety class in order to graduate, the country would be much safer than without one.

What we all know is, with community vigilance and govt support we would live in a safer country. Its too bad our govt doesnt seem to want us to be safe. It wouldnt take much effort on their part, if our wellbeing was their goal. We are undoubtedly on our own.

Edited by Boomsick42