Picture thread

Oh cool! Shameless photo op! Here's mine before some serious front sight work, bolt carrier polishing, and barrel threading. Need to get some new pics. C'mon Santa please bring us a new digicam. :cryss:

post-1293-1135062730_thumb.jpg

Oh cool! Shameless photo op! Here's mine before some serious front sight work, bolt carrier polishing, and barrel threading. Need to get some new pics. C'mon Santa please bring us a new digicam. :cryss:

Cobra, what optics have you mounted on top of your precious? Looks good.. Im thinking of some 1-4x variable..but first I gotta find some ammo that this one likes.. I gotta tell you, don't know if you noticed, but my saiga has a adjustable gasport.. it really takes the "recoil" off and the cartridge cases stay undamaged so I can use them for reloading..

It's not an expensive scope but it's cool. Made by NcStar (Chinese) It's a 3x9x42E with illuminated P4 sniper rectical (rangefinder). Gets the job done. I've put three out of five shots thru the end of a 12 ga shell at 75 yds with it. ;) That was with cheap PMP ammo @ $2 a box of 20! Love that .223.

I noticed the nice new FSB with lug but missed the adjustable gas block. Wow that's cool. Where did that come from, a Yugo?

Correct me if I am wrong... but it LOOKS like the adjustable gas port is really not much more than a threaded port with a screw in it, that you turn in or out to close off or open the gas post to the gas tube. Is that right?

In theory, if thats all it is, shouldnt be too hard to drill and tap a small hole into a gas block, and create the same effect!

:smoke:

Correct me if I am wrong... but it LOOKS like the adjustable gas port is really not much more than a threaded port with a screw in it, that you turn in or out to close off or open the gas post to the gas tube. Is that right?

In theory, if thats all it is, shouldnt be too hard to drill and tap a small hole into a gas block, and create the same effect!

RRight you are :) It really isn't anything more, but it works well AFAIK. Time will tell..

gasport.JPG

Edited by Teemu
hello, I right from France (in Europe), my english is not very good...

I am very interested into SAIGA; I by one in 223 and I love it !

But my problem is to find mag of 30 bullets... I have by one today for 5.56x45 for AK74, and I will try to transform it. could you please explain me quite simply how to show pictures. regards

med_gallery_2609_7_21479.jpg

gallery_2609_7_93852.jpg

But my problem is to find mag of 30 bullets... I have by one today for 5.56x45 for AK74, and I will try to transform it. could you explain me how to do it ?. regards

gallery_2609_7_93852.jpg

But my problem is to find mag of 30 bullets... I have by one today for 5.56x45 for AK74, and I will try to transform it. could you explain me how to do it ?. regards

gallery_2609_7_93852.jpg

ARTA: vive de lafayette!

good to see another frenchman here. when us american crazy rednecks make fun of france, we are not talking about you!

nice saiga.

Teemu: you are lucky. When I posted my reparted SAR1 with the AR stock on it, I caught hell from people for it! I really need to take another picture of it with all the shit I put on the rails I put on the thing. Its almost too much stuff on there....almost.

Welcome to the forum and nice Saiga ARTA! It must be nice to be able to buy one in the proper configuration. that one says M3 EXP 01 but it has the skeleton buttstock and short barrel with brake like the 02, interesting.

if you already have a 5.56x45 30 rd mag that is all you need unless you just want a steel mag for some reason. The one pictured at the top of this thread and also the one on mine is the same as your mag. It is VERY easy to convert it to use in the Saiga. Just file or grind a small bit of metal off of the feed lips at the front and it will lock in tight with NO movement. The steel Wieger mags are harder to get a tight fit and require welding to make work. I did the modifications on my 5.56x45 mags in about two minutes each. Here are some pics you can go by. Remember just take of a very little bit at a time until it will lock in. You will also need to add a feedramp to the gun if it doesn't have one but that is a very easy task as well and will make it much easier for you to find inexpensive mags to use. Let me know if you have any questions.

post-1293-1135782791_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1135782807_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1135782844_thumb.jpg

Hi Cobra,

Thank you for your pictures, then I know exactly what to do.

I will try it and I have to find too how to make a feed ramp...

The other problem is to read everybody in the forum because my english is not very good...than it is difficult for me to understand everything. But my wife help me, she read english better than me...

Friendly, thank you again

ARTA

Glad to be of help. Feel free to ask questions if you need to. Your English is not really all that bad. I am used to communicating with a guy in Russia. Now that is tough.

Here's an updated picture of my .223 also ;)

post-1293-1135793447_thumb.jpg

I like the gas block sight. Is that a weld job, or a replacement block?

Welded, I was going to try a different gas block, but Kvar was out when I did it. I am glad I went this way anyway, I didn't have to remove it, just had to make sure I measured twice. ;)

Hi Cobra,

Thank you for your pictures, then I know exactly what to do.

I will try it and I have to find too how to make a feed ramp...

The other problem is to read everybody in the forum because my english is not very good...than it is difficult for me to understand everything. But my wife help me, she read english better than me...

Friendly, thank you again

ARTA

ARTA, I see COBRA beat me to the punch with pictures on the Bulgarian magazines. He's always one step ahead of me. You got the advice from the right guy since I took my lessons from COBRA on how to modify the Bulgy mags. Enjoy yourself and stick around.

Wolverine

I'm always glad to help anyone. Hey nice avatar Wolvie! That's a whole lot more evil than Capt Kangaroo...lol.

Don't fret though, I will still see him every day for awhile since my wife borrowed him from you and put on our screensaver :rolleyes:

That's ok though she thinks you guys are cool.

I'm always glad to help anyone. Hey nice avatar Wolvie! That's a whole lot more evil than Capt Kangaroo...lol.

Don't fret though, I will still see him every day for awhile since my wife borrowed him from you and put on our screensaver :rolleyes:

That's ok though she thinks you guys are cool.

Cobra,

Oh, Oh!! Better clean up my language and pictures real quick. Apparently there is at least one lady present. Sorry.

Wolvie

Nice job man :super: I should try and find some of those smooth sided Bulgies for mine too.

Congrats on the new camera. Put some of that habenero sauce on it and let the dog have it for a second. That's about how long it will take to learn to NEVER try and eat one of those again...lol. Don't laugh, it worked with my Rottie :smoke:

Wow I will say that guns really look cool guys, damn I should get me a .223

you guys have made them in all flavors.

By the way just let you know guys, we have a lady gunsmith on the forum.

Hi Kyrinn, this guys look rough and tough, but all are good guys and if you ask they will

help to the best of there knowledge.

Hi Kyrinn, this guys look rough and tough, but all are good guys and if you ask they will

Vjor,

Thanks for the introduction.

I'll count myself more of a 'gunsmith' once I get a Saiga .223 converted.

BTW, I think I fixed my Tantal pistol's HG problem. Solution: wider zip-tie to hold the bracket.

Still hoping someone will clue me in on that pistol grip...

Best,

Vjor,

Thanks for the introduction.

I'll count myself more of a 'gunsmith' once I get a Saiga .223 converted.

BTW, I think I fixed my Tantal pistol's HG problem. Solution: wider zip-tie to hold the bracket.

Still hoping someone will clue me in on that pistol grip...

Best,

Welcome Kyrinn.

A lady smith. Pretty cool.

I think COBRA's grip is a plastic AR style grip designed for an AK. Try sending him a personal message. He is always willing to help.

Stick around and feel free to ask and share. A word of caution to avoid embarrassment or offense. I have a long history of posting in the funny section. Some of the postings are racy and/or sexist of sorts. The intent is always entertaining humor. Most of those are marked with a warning in the heading. You are free to look and comment as well if you choose. Who knows maybe you'll get us to behave ourselves but don't get your hopes up. Most of us are suffering from arrested development.

Welcome again.

Wolverine

Welcome Kyrinn.

A lady smith. Pretty cool.

I think COBRA's grip is a plastic AR style grip designed for an AK. Try sending him a personal message. He is always willing to help.

Stick around and feel free to ask and share. A word of caution to avoid embarrassment or offense. I have a long history of posting in the funny section. Some of the postings are racy and/or sexist of sorts. The intent is always entertaining humor. Most of those are marked with a warning in the heading. You are free to look and comment as well if you choose. Who knows maybe you'll get us to behave ourselves but don't get your hopes up. Most of us are suffering from arrested development.

Welcome again.

Wolverine

LoL. If I can deal with the gunsnet.net AK crew, I'll likely be able to take you all without problem.

Thanks for the welcome, Wolverine.

I'll have to PM COBRA.

Thanks again, guys.:)

Nice job man :super: I should try and find some of those smooth sided Bulgies for mine too.

Congrats on the new camera. Put some of that habenero sauce on it and let the dog have it for a second. That's about how long it will take to learn to NEVER try and eat one of those again...lol. Don't laugh, it worked with my Rottie :smoke:

4 for $30 at K-var...but you gotta mod the followers:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=8187&st=0

We had to have her put down...she got renal failure at 3 years old. It had nothing to do with her chomping up the camera. I'd let her chomp this one up if I could get her back!