Watch Brown Bear Fish For Salmon in Alaska - Live

This is a must see. It's a live video feed of Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park, AK. This time of year brown bears gather to fish for salmon during their run up stream.

Click here...

Edited: Here are a few snapshot of what was going on today at around 5pm Alaska time...

post-35052-0-34098800-1374455889_thumb.jpg

post-35052-0-45977600-1374455909_thumb.jpg

Edited: I am also posting a link from a live video feed from a camera placed in Steep Creek in Juneau, AK. It a good view from the other end of the spectrum. Be patient and you see sockeye salmon swimming by on their way to spawn.

Click here...

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing that, I love it.

We used to have an Eagle cam over in the gardens near the airport, well the eagles started flying into the airplanes in apparent suicide missions 010.gif , so they destroyed the nest and cut down the trees.

The previous "last season" that I fished, I finished out the season covering for a friend who stores in Naknek King Salmon. He offered to pay for a plane ride to Katmai which I really wanted to do. But it would have cost him about $490 for a couple hhoursand the day was raining so hard you almost had to brace against it and visibility was about 10 feet. I decided not to go, but it hurt to miss out on that.

All the Bristol bay crowd that I have ever talked to says Katmai and Lake Illayamna are far and away the best scenery in AK, Further, there is more variety of wildlife and geography in a small area than anywhere else.

My sis lives there. been there a few times in the summer never gets dark. Reds are running right now on the Kenai river they have a lot on it , I think she said reds

It gets dark at that latitude for about 4 hours. Sun set is about 11:45 PM, and put any other sunsets to shame.

Got me scared for a moment: I though Russians invaded Alaska, led by the Brown Bear Ammo manufacturer, Barnaul Machine Plant.

I need beer...

Edited by Sgt. Raven