http://www.examiner.com/article/atf-position-on-pistol-grip-shotguns-creates-new-danger?cid=taboola_inbound

Looks like the S12 may become a DD along with any other pistol grip shotgun.

When I realized what the Saiga 12 was, I bought it with the memory of what happened to the Street Sweeper. Knew something like this would happen.

The saiga as imported is a sporting shotgun. Mine is actually very heavily used as a hunting gun, the streetsweeper lacked the ability to be used for hunting in its stock configuration as a hunting gun. Thus it did not meet the sporting exception. The MKA1919 also meets sporting use as imported and would make a nice hunting shotgun (its a lot faster to unload at the end of a hunt vs a tube mag).

the BATF really did shoot themselves in the foot with this one. It was their first major legal pass with the new "braintrust" they hired as far as paralegals, and it didnt work out so good for them. The big parts of the whole legal decision went down around SHOT show during the winter, and it seems that the saiga-12 has a wee bit more breathing room, as fart as import bans are concerned. .

in reality, as far as federal law goes, sporting and hunting have absolutely nothing to do with the right to bear arms, but if you DO go by that, and assume no human will ever be killed with a firearm ever again, they are ALL optimum for either sporting or hunting use.

• Like 1

In my opinion, BATFE should be a convenience store, not an agency. haha.gif

Never a more true statement. They should stick to what they do best, run guns to Mexican drug cartels. The next shot across the bow is the tax some dem-wit lawmaker has proposed to make the tax on AOW's $100, NFA's $500 and raise the tax on ammo to 50%.

Story here