So I just learned of this interesting gun... the kel-tech sub 2000. A "pistol" with a long barrel (as it was described), but yet it had a stock... nowhere did it mention NFA...

Do how does this weapon skirt NFA? It looks like an SBR to me. One had an AFG on it which could push out towards AOW territory...

Anyone know the story on this one?

Edited by jwulf

Sub2000 has a 16" barrel and is over 26" when in use.

Because it's not functional when folded it doesn't violate the nfa.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

There was a story on another forum where some Bubba figured out how to bypass the safety and had a kaboom.  The safety is there for a reason, numbnuts.  haha.gif

There was a story on another forum where some Bubba figured out how to bypass the safety and had a kaboom.  The safety is there for a reason, numbnuts.  haha.gif

Considering that the bolt is in one half and the barrel is in the other half I don't think that story is true.

• Like 1

Wut? nevr heared that un.

what

what would really be impressive is if someone could find a 9mm glock model somewhere for under 600. i've been looking for a year

• Like 1

what

There was a story on another forum where some Bubba figured out how to bypass the safety and had a kaboom.  The safety is there for a reason, numbnuts.  :haha2:

what would really be impressive is if someone could find a 9mm glock model somewhere for under 600. i've been looking for a year

Mines the glock model. I added a steel band around the grip. Keeps it tight. Once i fixed that i was able to use the drums without issues. The 50 rnd drums are awsome.

I love mine, though it's the older SUB 9 model and not the SUB 2000. Having mine registered as a pistol in MI allows me to legally keep it loaded in my vehicle with my carry licence.

KelTecSUB9newer.jpg

You shouldn't have to have anything registered but good on ya for having it hot in the the car. Your rifle is superior to the new model and I have been searching for it for many years. Your shit is metal, not plastic! Hooah!

OP. It's not an AOW or NFA because KelTec, like them or not, is one of the most innovative small companies out there! They know the bullshit laws and are very scientific in their process of saying "FUCK YOU" to the people who make these retarded laws. Nobody out there is trying new things like they are. A great example of this is the RFB. It's shorter than most people's SBR rifles and is completely legal, even in Canada! :) The mechanics of the RFB are amazing. It was a real risk in 7.62nato.

They have a lot of negative feedback on some of the pistols but I have never had a problem with them. They are cheap, basic and go boom every time if you take the time to get them to run right. Kinda like our Saiga!

I followed the instruction on my RFB and have never had any problems with it. I trust it more than the piece of junk uncle sam issued me.

• Like 1

That rifle has turned out to be the most surprisingly useful tool.

When we had an 8 day power outage after a storm I was never without it, packs well even into a large fanny pack, carries well on a sling under a rain coat, and shoots straight.  POI varies between one to two inches from the laser( cannot recommend that addition enough) POA at 50 yards with good ammo. With a pistol using the same mags as the rifle I never felt under prepared. While I "may" keep a H-P 995 in the truck I prefer the S2k for toting. Whats not to like.

Good luck finding a Sub9 rare as hen's teeth, Ive inspected one and they are ok but weight feels so much lighter on the Sub2k and frankly that matters for what I presume is its designed purpose. Not a big fan of +P ammo in the rifle, think one would be pushing it, so went 40sw and never have regretted it. Should one have to leave everything else behind but the pistol and the 2k one could do a lot worse.

Kel-Tech has failures (marketing) with some models but they at least are willing to push into new territory.  Glad they do.

I got rid of the one I have.bad_smile.gif

That's a shame. The scope mount you have on the one you had is pretty cool.

Read it again. Think about where I am. 

I did the first time and tracked. Notice my use of tense.

what

I just bought one (used mind you) for $450.  I think I lucked out though I've been watching them for about a year on Gunbroker.  Then stumbled across one at a local pawn shop when they posted it on their facebook page.  I replied and told them I would be there in 5 minutes.  smile.png

Then I picked up 2 50rd drums on Gunbroker for $69 each ($74 with shipping).  I bet that guy was pissed, I was the only one that bid on them for some reason.  He had four and someone outbid me on two of them by $5.  They go for about $150 a local shops.

Edited by Aram Fingal