Fun with AR500

Finished some targets today, Pics aren't the greatest. Had the guys in the shop doing some fun stuff todaysmile.png

Made some more flashers

post-43678-0-98373100-1382143259_thumb.jpg

Some Minotaurs, as we call them , (mini poppers)

post-43678-0-81259500-1382143230_thumb.jpg

Also some dueling tree's, and another plate rack, didn't take any pics of them

we put 11 plates on ours, 6-6" plates and 5-4", the plates are quick remove if you only want one size.

What’s so fun about repainting a bunch of MGM Targets?

Fumes,

you even PAINT bro?laugh.png

Fumes,..huh?  So that explains where all these “original ideas” come from.  I can’t wait to see what’s who’s next.  Looks like you’re out to make quite a name for yourself in the 3-gun community!

Be sure to get your application in early for Ironman, I’m sure Mike and Travis would love to have you.  (they’re the timid little fellas in pink bunny suits that like having their whiskers rubbed in it)

Btw,..no, I don’t paint and I ain’t your bro!

Edited by kampr
  • Like 1

Fumes,

Fumes,..huh?  So that explains where all these “original ideas” come from.  I can’t wait to see what’s who’s next.  Looks like you’re out to make quite a name for yourself in the 3-gun community!

Be sure to get your application in early for Ironman, I’m sure Mike and Travis would love to have you.  (they’re the timid little fellas in pink bunny suits that like having their whiskers rubbed in it)

TUT TUT !

By the way, from your avatar I see you have an extra large mag, can`t you hit the target with the normal mag.?021.gif  

• Like 1
009.gif 

Fumes,

We make the the same style PRACTICE targets , that we see in a match.

I guess if you want to practice shooting something different . I have NO PROBLEM with that .

We ALSO set up similar stage designs to practice on as well009.gif Usually try and make them HARDER

For example , our SQUARE (copied) plates are 4", and our round(also copied)plates are 4" as well034.gif

Fumes,

TUT TUT !

By the way, from your avatar I see you have an extra large mag, can`t you hit the target with the normal mag.?021.gif  

Are you  in third grade??...and passinglaugh.png

Nothing wrong with building stuff for your own use, but it seems to be an awful expensive alternative to just buying the targets outright from a company that already has all the necessary equipment to manufacture them. That is unless you happen to have a waterjet or submerged plasma machine just lying around.

Here's part of our range

Don't pay attention to my guestamation of the yardage, I just got back from several hours of Trials riding(like in the pic below) and decided to do a little shooting.

Joshua had placed the targets the evening before. We had been talking about setting a 500 yd target all week, I assumed that was it , until I ASKED wacko.png

ETA: We have RO'd enough matches to know where the big name targets break.   For our range , I'd rather be shooting than fixing.

The name brand are by no means bad, but there is room for improvement in my opinion, so that's how we made OURS.

NEVER said they were for sale, just showing some stuff the guys did.

Here's a vid where I copied some SQUARE targets

Really just trying out Winchester Universal bulk ammo, but it's more fun when somebody starts jumping up and down yelling  TEACHER!!! TEACHER!!! He copiedwet_eyes.gif 021.gif

Since he won't read past the first line , laugh.png here's the video.

If you do a search , you'll find more than ONE Co. making and SELLING that target.

The way they mounted the flash cards, is NOT the way they were supposed to be done, Guess I didn't communicate that change clearly, but they were finished, since they were for us, I can live with it.

Sorry guys, I know I shouldn't , and it gets old for you. 

For mesmile.png  it has gotten to the point of being funny, just to read the comments

I'll STOP responding to the comments, as you can tell we have a good time at work everyday, now I don't let my wife read them anymore. . . . . . . . . . she doesn't see the humor yet.

After JeremyT's confession . . . . . WOW !!  I just don't know if I can talk to you anymore  sad.png

Hmm. well, if I ever get a bit of dirt to leave a permanent range set up on, I will have to copy it for my Ho-made targets. 

The can launcher poppers look like the most fun to me.