We got our Antelope this weekend. Mine was a 420yd lung shot with my 30-06, and the Lovely Lady used her .223 bolt action to make a Heart shot @ 70yds! If you have hunted Antelope in open country, you know that 70yds is insanely close! She is a natural! Last year she made a 120yd neck shot......Golly I love that Woman!

We both shot with a bipod from the kneeling position.

post-16191-0-57273400-1382327158_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on the kills!

I am a big fan of antelope too.  I end up buying it online around the holidays, and am disappointed.  Fresh and wild is the way to go.  Farmed stuff is always a little disappointing when you are going for game meat.

Thanks for sharing!

I really wish that I had been brought up hunting.

I can eat deer if its seasoned. Wild Antelope sounds good. I hope I have a chance to try it someday.

Got my family to eat deer pepperoni. Most came back for seconds. :)

Hunting sounds hard to get into, unless you know where to go and those spots are probably highly coveted.

I wouldn't have any problem learning how to "dress" the game. Especially if it was close to dinner!

Thanks again.

Edited by Sim_Player

Thanks for sharing!

I really wish that I had been brought up hunting.

I can eat deer if its seasoned. Wild Antelope sounds good. I hope I have a chance to try it someday.

Got my family to eat deer pepperoni. Most came back for seconds. smile.png

Hunting sounds hard to get into, unless you know where to go and those spots are probably highly coveted.

I wouldn't have any problem learning how to "dress" the game. Especially if it was close to dinner!

Thanks again.

Dude, its as easy as fishing.  Make some friends, get out with them.

One easy way is to take a hunter's safety course and meet some people who are going to... you guessed it ... go hunting!

If you don't want to hunt with friends, you can hit up a pay-for-hunt place and rent it out and go hunting.  They will even guide you so you learn how to do it, in general.

Thanks for sharing!I really wish that I had been brought up hunting.I can eat deer if its seasoned. Wild Antelope sounds good. I hope I have a chance to try it someday.Got my family to eat deer pepperoni. Most came back for seconds. :)Hunting sounds hard to get into, unless you know where to go and those spots are probably highly coveted.I wouldn't have any problem learning how to "dress" the game. Especially if it was close to dinner!Thanks again.

It is the primary survival skill. A man can't live without food and water.

The Antelope were on a cattle ranch, so not easy access unless you know someone. Most of my deer and elk hunting is all on public land. Land ownership maps are available and very helpful for finding hunting spots.