I'm putting plum furniture on mine. Fitted a KVAR 74 lower hg on it last night. Going to order a plum izzy grip and m92 hand guards from Ronin. Hoping the plum matches the KVAR lower. If not, I'll just use both from him. 

If the colors are close, I might end up nodding an ak lower retainer and installing it, so the KVAR lower fits better.

Plum furniture, ak builder extension and a triangle folder is the ultimate goal.

Nice.  Everyone should have a Plum AK.  An SBR one is even better.  Sanded and Minwax stained my hand guards today.  They look much better.  Semi gloss Polycrylic is next.  Parts arrive tomorrow.  Will find out if there is any issue with retaining plate soon.

Edited by NM0
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a call from the gunsmith today.  It will be done tomorrow.

Well my patience has been rewarded.  I got the stamp yesterday.  The mailman was running very late so I didn't get the mail until this morning.   Merry Christmas to ME!

Do it.  Perfect truck gun and HD option.  I'd recommend a 4 piece Bulgy FH from CNC Warrior and possibly a Stormwerkz rail for a reflex sight.  If you can get your hands on some 20 round Hungarian tan

Posted Images

I'm not seeing the free shipping. Am I missing something?

After you go to link click on handguns and then Zastava.  It does shows it there.  Went to compare shipping (J&G is closer to me) added it to the cart and found out it was free.

J&G now says "Backordered, more coming soon".

Wideners has it with the 2 Yugo mags for $395.  Don't know how much shipping would be.  But I'd rather have the 2 Yugo mags than 1 Yugo and 3 Tapco.

• 2 years later...

Hard to believe these were that cheap 2 years ago.  How things have changed.

I decided to get an ALG recoil spring for my M92PV.  I can't say if the stock recoil spring has gotten weaker or if it was weak to start with but it was noticeably weaker than the spring in my WASR so I figured it might be a good idea to replace it.

I looked for any reviews of the ALG in an M92 and found nothing so I figured if somebody else was doing the same search maybe they'll find this post.

I went ahead and got ALG springs for both the M92 and the WASR.  The ALG springs are a bit stronger than the WASR spring but quite a bit stronger than the M92 spring.  Since the M92 was 100% reliable with the stock spring I wasn't sure if the ALG spring would be too strong.  But no worries.  It still runs great with the ALG.  Recoil seems a bit lighter, probably due to the bolt carrier not hitting the trunion as hard.

I only put 60 rounds through each rifle so I can't call them 100% yet but given that they were 100% before the swap I'm pretty confident.

The ammo I used for testing was Golden Tiger which is known to be stout so it's possible there would be an issue with weaker ammo.  I'll try that later.

40k rounds is probably a few more than I'll ever fire through a single firearm. 

And if the sarcasm of that wasn't clear, 40k rounds is a LOT more than I'll ever fire through a single firearm.

But yeah, if you plan to shoot that much through one AK then maybe the PAP isn't your best choice.