I ordered M92 UF hardware and a fake can for mine. Until WA allows SBRs I will be converting it to the disappointing 16" rifle configuration. rolleyes.gif

Took out shooting for the first time today.. Not too exciting to shoot it without any sort of stock or sling.  Wood finish is just rubbed BLO, about ten coats with 0000 steel wool. Going to finish that up eventually with paste wax.

gallery_36884_1321_234985.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a call from the gunsmith today.  It will be done tomorrow.

Well my patience has been rewarded.  I got the stamp yesterday.  The mailman was running very late so I didn't get the mail until this morning.   Merry Christmas to ME!

Do it.  Perfect truck gun and HD option.  I'd recommend a 4 piece Bulgy FH from CNC Warrior and possibly a Stormwerkz rail for a reflex sight.  If you can get your hands on some 20 round Hungarian tan

Posted Images

I like mine without a stock--here in my state i can keep it loaded as a truck gun, and the sling really does help to stabilize. As soon as i sbr however, cant keep it loaded in a vehicle. Personally im all over the place w this m92 bc a 200$ stamp and i can add a stock and another 200$ stamp for a suppressor... i need two m92s lol... and reloading equipment... and a suppressor. Ok ill quit dreaming and ranting.

so i wrapping  the "m92" and going to put my name on it she thinks its mine till christmaseve ill change the name on the box and shell get her personalized 642. i think ill see about some wood grips and a pocket holster since  know it will ride in her bag 

• Like 1

I like mine without a stock--here in my state i can keep it loaded as a truck gun, and the sling really does help to stabilize. As soon as i sbr however, cant keep it loaded in a vehicle. Personally im all over the place w this m92 bc a 200$ stamp and i can add a stock and another 200$ stamp for a suppressor... i need two m92s lol... and reloading equipment... and a suppressor. Ok ill quit dreaming and ranting.

In your state the M92 with wrist brace would be a great choice since it's still a pistol.  If I didn't go the sbr route I would have gotten the wrist brace.

I looked at the suppressor idea for the M92 also but decided against it given that AKs are still quite loud when suppressed.

The bulgie 4-piece flash hider is no suppressor but it does cut down on muzzle blast while virtually eliminating the fireball.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Yeah, ive thought about the brace but for something like that id really like to see one in person before i make a jump. As far as an ak being loud w a suppressor, my goal really isnt for super quiet but rather just quiet enough to use without hearing protection and not damage your hearing. Do you guys think that even suppressed it would damage your hearing?

AK pistol with a sling can be accurate but the brace still has advantages.

I came very close to buying a second M92 to use with the brace.  But the cost of setting it up with brace, quadrail, pistol grip, sight, brake is too much at the moment.

In my opinion it would be stupid to fire any real caliber with out ears on even with a silencer. Now a 22 or subsonic pistol round thats different. Now do I think it would be very useful to have a silencer on an ak pistol yes, I would see it as a bonus if you have to fire it in haste then it wouldnt damage your hearing as bad.

But if you have the time why forego ear plugs?

The current older generation of gun guys are all going deaf because years ago you were a pussy if you used them.

Just the other day I overheard a 30 something woman talking about shooting her sunb nose 38 and talking about how loud it was. I asked and she. Acted like I was an asshole for calling her out on safety. And she had about an 8 year old boy.

I always hear people talk about how loud a weapon is and its always perplexing to me that you hear it through ear protection. The only firearm ive noticed the loudness on is my s308 its very loud and I use ear plugs and muffs when I fire that.

Lol, i dont want a suppressed krink just so i can shoot without hearing protection. Of course id wear ear pro when putting rounds down range. However, i would like to make it the go to home defense/truck gun that you gotta pick up and use without time to put on hearing protection--and not go deaf defending yourself. :) theres a company that makes subsonic x39 'jackhammer' rounds and im kickin around the idea of picking some up if possible and keeping a mag of em around just in case. But they cost a pretty penny. Told yall im all over the place w this one lol!

Btw, i didnt mean to threadjack, my apologies man.

Assuming a suppressor was just a regular accessory I'd agree with you.  But most people (and prosecutors) look at "silencers" as the tools of hit men.  They're so "dangerous" that they are regulated by the federal government under the nfa like machine guns.  Using a suppressed firearm for self defense would lead to headaches that would be much worse than ringing in the ears.

honestly even if you could find a Krink in .22LR it sould still be too loud to use without ear-pro. airsoft is about the only way you can get that desired effect.

Other than the M92 my Sig Mosquito .22LR pistol might be the loudest gun I own.

Edited by mancat

Youre probably right darth but the #1 scenario i picture is home defense, and i dont really think at that point itll matter. Plus, they just made suppressors legal to hunt with in my state. biggrin.png

All the same I think I'd put the can back in the safe before the po-po arrived, assuming bad guys not around to testify.

• Like 2

Youre probably right darth but the #1 scenario i picture is home defense, and i dont really think at that point itll matter. Plus, they just made suppressors legal to hunt with in my state. :D

All the same I think I'd put the can back in the safe before the po-po arrived, assuming bad guys not around to testify.

This is prob good advice. Could save you a lot of money hiring lawyers if a retarded liberal wants to try and make a big deal of it. You'd no doubt win if you legally own it, but this would save you a lot of aggravation and unnecessary expenses.

Mancat I had a draco and I think the 16" 308 is way louder.

And if you want to see hollywood get next to a ruger mk3 with subs its not as loud as some air rifles.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPWge76wLEhA&ei=XneyUqzqNqnV2AWCoYGwAw&usg=AFQjCNESslFy1TbGvj6SbzA1n0LsZeTzfQ&sig2=SPGR_2EglCvw0AwnuCu68Q

honestly even if you could find a Krink in .22LR it sould still be too loud to use without ear-pro. airsoft is about the only way you can get that desired effect.

Other than the M92 my Sig Mosquito .22LR pistol might be the loudest gun I own.

I have a full-length AK in .22LR. They're straight blowback - no gas system to blow expanding gas out anywhere but the muzzle. With a can and subsonic ammo, it's definitely hearing safe.

I have yet to fire an airsoft gun that is quieter than a suppressed bolt action .22 firing subsonic rounds. The first time I fired my little Savage rifle with a can, I wasn't sure if the round had gone off.

Mancat its a whole different ball game witha silencer on the weapon. A 22 is going to sound good no matter what platform its shot from. Very small amount of gas from the small amount of powder. A 762x39 from a 8-10b barrel probably has 20 times the gas burning just outside the barrel.

You should always wear ear protection when shooting a rifle. You still get the supersonic crack with or without a can.

Just my opinion though, there are plenty of people who refuse to wear ear pros and swear their ears are fine.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

You should always wear ear protection when shooting a rifle. You still get the supersonic crack with or without a can.

Just my opinion though, there are plenty of people who refuse to wear ear pros and swear their ears are fine.rolleyes.gif

With the caveat that using subsonic ammo, on some firearms, does reduce the sound to hearing safe levels. A Ruger 10/22 or Walther P22 with subsonic ammo and a decent suppressor is definitely hearing safe - and the barrel length is so short on the P22 that some regular bulk pack ammo doesn't reach supersonic speeds.

What about removing pistol trunion and adding a fixed stock trunion but attach a sling to the screw holes? Think ATF would corn hole me?

It's extremely unlikely it would come to batman's attention.  But if it did, you're cornholed.

Like most of the gun laws, they're not meant to prevent real crime.  They're meant to give the feds a hammer with which to crack skulls should they decide to.

When have you ever heard of anybody getting prosecuted for parts count?  If it's ever happened I've never heard of it.  But here we are, dutifully putting US parts in our AKs to make them "legal" *just in case*.

But seriously, it's a major pain to replace the trunion so why not just use a sling mount?