• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a call from the gunsmith today.  It will be done tomorrow.

Well my patience has been rewarded.  I got the stamp yesterday.  The mailman was running very late so I didn't get the mail until this morning.   Merry Christmas to ME!

Do it.  Perfect truck gun and HD option.  I'd recommend a 4 piece Bulgy FH from CNC Warrior and possibly a Stormwerkz rail for a reflex sight.  If you can get your hands on some 20 round Hungarian tan

Posted Images

Only known issue is the usual AK stuff - e.g. check for canted parts. Mine has a very slight cant of the rear leaf sight, but most wouldn't notice it. Otherwise, no known issues. Excellent fit & finish. Expect to finish the wood as well - it's just bare wood right off of the mill.

Edited by mancat

Anybody own one shot one ect? Local dealer has a sale pap m92 pistol with 75 round drum for 425. Im thinking about getting one. any issues I need to know about?

Shit, I'd pay that in a heartbeat, and ditch the backloading drum at a show (I don't care for them). They're Serbian, and they're well made. I've handled a few, but haven't fired one yet. I don't like all the markings on the receiver, but they're much higher quality than Draco pistols. I haven't seen canted sights, or bent receivers, or any of the shit you usually see out of Romania, though I've heard of a few such issues cropping up from time to time. The barrels aren't chrome-lined, if that matters to you.

Do it.  Perfect truck gun and HD option.  I'd recommend a 4 piece Bulgy FH from CNC Warrior and possibly a Stormwerkz rail for a reflex sight.  If you can get your hands on some 20 round Hungarian tankers, those seem to help balance the weapon out.  I haven't paper printed mine yet, but a quick mag through it went off without a hiccup.

If it has the Yugo BHO mags, they do need a break-in.   Most guys report the first time they are used, you get a few failures.  After a couple of cycles, they work like any other surplus steel.  I traded mine for 6 20 round Hungy tankers on another forum.

• Like 2

the newer ones don't have the markings white-filled, so they're not that noticeable.

I believe the newer imports also have the serial number towards the front trunnion as opposed the the bottom rear trunnion...a major improvement if you want to SBR with an under folder.

I dont really care about excessive markings cant be aby worse than rugers.

I will most likely turn it into a rifle. Ill pin on a fake silencer usmachinegun has a fake can that is made just for the m92 to get to 16" then ill drill and tap the pistol turnnion for an ace folding stock ive used the ace skeleton stock on two aks now and short of a left side folding russian type the ace is top quality.

the newer ones don't have the markings white-filled, so they're not that noticeable.

I believe the newer imports also have the serial number towards the front trunnion as opposed the the bottom rear trunnion...a major improvement if you want to SBR with an under folder.

that is correct.. I picked mine from a specific retailer to get the serial in that location. the newer front location of the serial is such that you can either install an underfolder or a sidefolder without defacing the serial. if installing a sidefolder, the front latch cutout will go directly below the serial number.

FYI, CNC Warrior is working on some very cheap 6" fake cans for the M92/M85 that will be in the $60-70 range.

Edited by mancat

I dont really care about excessive markings cant be aby worse than rugers. I will most likely turn it into a rifle. Ill pin on a fake silencer usmachinegun has a fake can that is made just for the m92 to get to 16" then ill drill and tap the pistol turnnion for an ace folding stock ive used the ace skeleton stock on two aks now and short of a left side folding russian type the ace is top quality.

That is exactly what I did with mine. The only difference is I added a spacer to correct the angle of the rear of the receiver to bring the Ace in line with the receiver and my shoulder. Just a personal preference.

Some people don't like the angle.  I am fine with it.  Once my stamp arrives (any day now) I'll mount the ACE mechanism directly to the trunion.

You can see the angle in this picture.

gallery_4831_950_96874.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

Some people don't like the angle.  I am fine with it.  Once my stamp arrives (any day now) I'll mount the ACE mechanism directly to the trunion.

You can see the angle in this picture.

gallery_4831_950_96874.jpg

Looking forward to seeing it finished Darth over on the hijacked thread :)

I know you have been waiting patiently for the stamp to come back.

Very slight angle I guess looks pretty straight to me. In the am when I get off work im going to see if hes still got the deal going the store is closed on Monday. If I get it ill post some pics of it Although it will be stock not all tricked out yet.

Very slight angle I guess looks pretty straight to me. In the am when I get off work im going to see if hes still got the deal going the store is closed on Monday. If I get it ill post some pics of it Although it will be stock not all tricked out yet.

Good Luck.

Looking forward to seeing it finished Darth over on the hijacked thread smile.png

I know you have been waiting patiently for the stamp to come back.

Well my patience has been rewarded.  I got the stamp yesterday.  The mailman was running very late so I didn't get the mail until this morning.

Merry Christmas to ME!

• Like 3

Sweet I just can't get past the paying for something pay the tax and still wait nearly a year to enjoy it. There's nothing else like that.

If I get it ill just pin on a fake can. That actually looks pretty good.

Well I get wife permission to buy me the ak for Christmas as long as I wrapped it and opened it on Christmas. Well the local gun store had sold out of the m92 so instead I got my wife a smith 642-1 .38 special im going not tepl her wrap it in a box the ak pistol would fit in and change the name on Christmas even. Im going to start a new thread asking for advice on engraving im going to take it to a jeweler and see if they can put something on the trigger guard. Im thinking -forever and always followed by out marriage date and the Christmas date.

Too bad on the m92.  There will be other deals. 

Hope the wife likes the J frame.  Mine doesn't like ours at all.  Can't shoot it worth a damn even with practice.  She carries an MK9 and shoots it very well.

Good Luck.