There are several pistol trunions made with a receiver hole for a quick disconnect, they're not drilled and tapped though. mancat, there's a picture in my gallery page showing a M92 I built from a kit some years ago with a fake can pinned, the fake can has a much larger bore diameter and produced a nice loud bang and impressive fireball. I recently submitted a form 1 on it so I can remove the extension but I can tell you even with it, it's a blast to shoot and the advantage of a stock is huge. Just curious, did the PAP come with a underfolder trunion? It's hard to resist buying one, the price is right and the M92 is one of my favorites to shoot-I can break clays all day long at the 75 yard range with no problems. Enjoy

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a call from the gunsmith today.  It will be done tomorrow.

Well my patience has been rewarded.  I got the stamp yesterday.  The mailman was running very late so I didn't get the mail until this morning.   Merry Christmas to ME!

Do it.  Perfect truck gun and HD option.  I'd recommend a 4 piece Bulgy FH from CNC Warrior and possibly a Stormwerkz rail for a reflex sight.  If you can get your hands on some 20 round Hungarian tan

Posted Images

There are several pistol trunions made with a receiver hole for a quick disconnect, they're not drilled and tapped though. mancat, there's a picture in my gallery page showing a M92 I built from a kit some years ago with a fake can pinned, the fake can has a much larger bore diameter and produced a nice loud bang and impressive fireball. I recently submitted a form 1 on it so I can remove the extension but I can tell you even with it, it's a blast to shoot and the advantage of a stock is huge. Just curious, did the PAP come with a underfolder trunion? It's hard to resist buying one, the price is right and the M92 is one of my favorites to shoot-I can break clays all day long at the 75 yard range with no problems. Enjoy

The PAP has a virgin UF trunnion. If you have the blueprints/template to drill it, it's ready to go.

I ordered a pre-drilled M92 UF trunnion (done by AKBuilder) for my eventual UF install. It was about the same cost as sending the UF trunnion off to RForbus and having it milled professionally.

I don't have a decent drill press or end mill so I would rather have it done professionally to ensure I get a tight lockup of the stock. I assembled the trunnion/stock last night (NOT in the gun) and the lock up is very tight.

Edited by mancat

Better half is green lighting a M92 buy at the J&G price.  You all think I should pick one up in honor of Mikhail's death (even though it's a Yugo)?

It's not like we need it.  Don't really need half dozen Saiga's either. 

Last time out shooting the Draco she mentioned we didn't have a second AK pistol (a his/hers thing we have going on). 

Still have funds from my sculpture sales.

Better half is green lighting a M92 buy at the J&G price.  You all think I should pick one up in honor of Mikhail's death (even though it's a Yugo)?

It's not like we need it.  Don't really need half dozen Saiga's either. 

Last time out shooting the Draco she mentioned we didn't have a second AK pistol (a his/hers thing we have going on). 

Still have funds from my sculpture sales.

Go for it!

You can never have too many guns!

• Like 1

That's painful considering what I paid for mine.

I'm sure it is.  I've seen the previous prices on old post/reviews.  What will be painful on this end is if they sell out or go back up soon.  My FFL is out of town for a week.  Will have to call JG in the morning and see what our options are.

SHIT, they are practically giving them away now. I thought I got a good deal on mine for $595, but that was when they were selling for $800 to $900.

What gives ?? why are they so cheap now??

Probably not selling all that well.. We live in a bubble here where people own a lot of AKs. Outside that bubble, these may not clear the shelves fast enough.

Feel sort of lame now since I bought mine last month for $600. But it did come with the front detent/bell booster already done, and had the newer serial number location in the front, so that I could do either an underfolder or sidefolder install without destroying the serial. The $399 sale models don't have either of those perks.

SHIT, they are practically giving them away now. I thought I got a good deal on mine for $595, but that was when they were selling for $800 to $900.

Probably not selling all that well.. We live in a bubble here where people own a lot of AKs. Outside that bubble, these may not clear the shelves fast enough.

Feel sort of lame now since I bought mine last month for $600. But it did come with the front detent/bell booster already done, and had the newer serial number location in the front, so that I could do either an underfolder or sidefolder install without destroying the serial. The $399 sale models don't have either of those perks.

You have reason to believe the J&G guns have the serial numbers in the rear?

Will be able to confirm if serial number is on rear or front soon.  Read the newer ones are on front.  Did see a J&G listing about being "back in stock".  Looks like Apex has the detent plunger kit for $14.  Will pick one up with a NightShroud flash hider and sling bracket after I test the pistol.

Edited by NM0

Will be able to confirm if serial number is on rear or front soon.  Read the newer ones are on front.  Did see a J&G listing about being "back in stock".  Looks like Apex has the detent plunger kit for $14.  Will pick one up with a NightShroud flash hider and sling bracket after I test the pistol.

AK Builder also has them, as well as the fake cans.

AK Builder also has them, as well as the fake cans.

CNC Warrior has them for $8

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

photos on their site still show serial on the rear, so you'd have to ask.

They dropped price on these cause Joe fudd doesn't know how to shoot em or put double ear pro in. Do those things and you will jizz your pants to em. My buddy built one outta a parts kit while back that cost him 700 plus lotta labor. He did get the uf stock but def not worth it in long run.

Goin to pick up my recently back in stock 92 and will let y'all know where sn is.

Also what's scoop on cnc warrior he seems to pop up outta nowhere no? And where are my quad stacks from md for this honey?!

• Like 2

Did you see this video about them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SfIfR3R6F_I

The four piece is around the 3 min mark.  Amazingly effective.

Really want to keep the pistol as short as possible which is why I'm interested in the Manticore Arms NightShroud.

Had a FSC47 on the mini Draco and took it off.  It reduced the fireball, couldn't really tell difference on recoil reduction, but it did make the little thing twice as loud.  I kid you not.  Took it off and ran nothing.  It was an extremely noticeable difference.

Edited by NM0

Serial# is front left side.

Bet mine is the same.  It's still at the FFL guys house.  Family health issues are keeping him busy.  I'm in no hurry as long as it is locked up.

Really debating on pursuing an SBR.  Always wanted an underfolder and like the looks of it on the M92.  Mancat what's the LOP with the underfolder? 

Also if I go that route I'm thinking once I get through the paperwork etc it will encourage me to do the unconverted S12.

Serial# is front left side.

Bet mine is the same.  It's still at the FFL guys house.  Family health issues are keeping him busy.  I'm in no hurry as long as it is locked up.

Really debating on pursuing an SBR.  Always wanted an underfolder and like the looks of it on the M92.  Mancat what's the LOP with the underfolder? 

Also if I go that route I'm thinking once I get through the paperwork etc it will encourage me to do the unconverted S12.

it's maybe like a half inch longer than Warsaw length, barely

the stock on the Yugo UF rifles doesn't seem to have the same cheek weld problems as other UF stocks, because the lockup is pretty much parallel with the receiver rails, versus the downward angle on some other types of UF stocks.

there are also cheek risers available for the UF stocks now

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_132/products_id/3239

• Like 1