• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a call from the gunsmith today.  It will be done tomorrow.

Well my patience has been rewarded.  I got the stamp yesterday.  The mailman was running very late so I didn't get the mail until this morning.   Merry Christmas to ME!

Do it.  Perfect truck gun and HD option.  I'd recommend a 4 piece Bulgy FH from CNC Warrior and possibly a Stormwerkz rail for a reflex sight.  If you can get your hands on some 20 round Hungarian tan

Posted Images

Picked mine up from the FFL last night.  SN is on front left too. 

Fit and finish on this thing is very nice.  Once the shop heats up today I will give it a good cleaning, it's leaking all over the place.  Should be able to try it out in next couple days.

Maybe a dumb question, but any problem with changing out the stock trigger on these with a G2 trigger? Bout the only thing I like from Tapco, but IMHO it is a great AK trigger.

I got in a little late on this, so I am on the backorder list. Says they will be available in February. At least they are letting us order. At $399, you really can't beat the price.

Edited by Semper299

The receiver is already clearance for a double hook (that's what's in it), so if you wanted to go that route.

Has a shepherds crook too, the kind that wraps around the center support rivet, under the hammer pin and over the trigger pin. I'm not a fan of them at all, so I replaced it with a Krebs type plate. Had to clearance the safety around the disconnector so it could be removed, to get the plate out.  

Thread protector comes off easy.

I broke an MD Arms pistol grip tightening down. Looks like the Yugo pg nut is a different angle and it stressed the bottom piece of the pistol grip and broke it.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

Just spent a couple hours cleaning mine.  Hard to believe how much orange crud came out.  The firing pin was even gunked up.  I use Gunzilla and a compressor. 

Was going to leave the stock pistol grip on it but now I'm thinking of a Hogue like the rest of our AK's.  Will eventually replace the shepherds crook too.  The plates are easier.

So far the pistol seems well built and everything straight.  Hope to run it in the next couple days.

Don't know about the Hogue but the Ergo grip had to be modified to fit due to the different bolt angle.

Wish I would have known that before I broke the MD grip. Looks like the stock pistol grip nut is getting axed too, in favor of a standard piece.

Edited by Mullet Man

GUYS,

THE HOGUES NEED TO HAVE THE HOLE OVALED-OUT, ABOUT 1/4", IN THE DIRECTION OF THE MUZZLE.

I POINTED THIS OUT TO MR. HOGUE HISSELF AT THE NRA SHOW IN HOUSTON LAST YEAR.

HE SEEMED TO BE UNAWARE OF THE MISALIGNMENT PROBLEM.

THE HOGUES ALSO WON'T FIT MY MILLED POLISH M1960 AT ALL, DUE TO A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HANGER STRUCTURE FOR THE PISTOL GRIP.

DON'T KNOW IF THIS APPLIES TO ALL MILLED RECIEVERS.

JESS1344

So, I was looking at the rear sight on this m92....thinking to myself how pathetic it is. Then I remembered that I had a few AR15 (m16 a1) windage adjustable and flipable rear peep sight assemblies.. http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/584/584981.jpg

So lining things up and eyeballing everything, it looks like it would be feaseable. Drift old sight pin out, weld up old holes, measure and drill new holes and install. Only thing I see being difficult is retaining the leaf spring (ideas?). And does anyone know what the small coil spring is for, in the a1 kit?

Thread here has some info....

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=16767.0

Edited by Mullet Man

So, I was looking at the rear sight on this m92....thinking to myself how pathetic it is. Then I remembered that I had a few AR15 (m16 a1) windage adjustable and flipable rear peep sight assemblies.. http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/584/584981.jpg

So lining things up and eyeballing everything, it looks like it would be feaseable. Drift old sight pin out, weld up old holes, measure and drill new holes and install. Only thing I see being difficult is retaining the leaf spring (ideas?). And does anyone know what the small coil spring is for, in the a1 kit?

I also did an eyeball test with an AR aperture I have laying around.. Personally I don't think it would be a better setup due to the distance from the eye at which the sight base sits, only the large aperture would work very well.

The small spring is for the bullet-tip detent pin on the windage adjustment.

The M92 is only a couple inches longer than my Mini Draco.  The end of barrel (not flash hider) is at the end of the PAP hand guard.

MD_PAP_zpse6b5aa38.jpg

If everything goes well I will try her out tomorrow.  Then order some parts.

Hey saltydecimator I see your 40rd and raise you 75...LOL

PAP_zpsfd01f097.jpg

• Like 1

I also did an eyeball test with an AR aperture I have laying around.. Personally I don't think it would be a better setup due to the distance from the eye at which the sight base sits, only the large aperture would work very well.

I guess if you hold it like a pistol. But with a butt stock installed (legally of course, with permanent muzzle extension), it should be decent. Plus enlarging the apertures would be easy to do, if needed.

The M92 is only a couple inches longer than my Mini Draco.  The end of barrel (not flash hider) is at the end of the PAP hand guard.

MD_PAP_zpse6b5aa38.jpg

Wow, that's not much at all. Now that these are scraping the low-$400/high-$300 range, I no longer regret passing up the $350 Draco (standard one) my LGS had.

Edited by W8lifter
  • Like 1

Hey Darth did you attempt to smooth your stock FCG before replacing with the Tapco?  I did decent groupings with a crunchy then break trigger.  Apparently the G2's in my Saigas have me spoiled.  Will try some dremil polishing tomorrow but thinking of just replacing.

Wow, that's not much at all. Now that these are scraping the low-$400/high-$300 range, I no longer regret passing up the $350 Draco (standard one) my LGS had.

Yup they are close...7.5" on the mini and 10" on the M92.  Never had any desire to pick up a regular Draco due to its size.  The M92 is not that big and shoots surprisingly well.

Looks like J&G has the 399 deal still going even with backorder.  Bud's went up to 453.  Also J&G honored their 299 Saiga backorder without any issues.

Hey Darth did you attempt to smooth your stock FCG before replacing with the Tapco?  I did decent groupings with a crunchy then break trigger.  Apparently the G2's in my Saigas have me spoiled.  Will try some dremil polishing tomorrow but thinking of just replacing.

I knew I would need the G2 for 922r so I didn't bother with the stock trigger.  

Has a shepherds crook too, the kind that wraps around the center support rivet, under the hammer pin and over the trigger pin. I'm not a fan of them at all, so I replaced it with a Krebs type plate. Had to clearance the safety around the disconnector so it could be removed, to get the plate out. 

May have to ask you what you did in more detail if I get stumped.  Have a G2 and retaining plate on the way.

May have to ask you what you did in more detail if I get stumped.  Have a G2 and retaining plate on the way.

Whatever you do, do not just wedge the safety into place with the Krebs plate installed.

I'm putting plum furniture on mine. Fitted a KVAR 74 lower hg on it last night. Going to order a plum izzy grip and m92 hand guards from Ronin. Hoping the plum matches the KVAR lower. If not, I'll just use both from him. 

If the colors are close, I might end up nodding an ak lower retainer and installing it, so the KVAR lower fits better.

Plum furniture, ak builder extension and a triangle folder is the ultimate goal.