Averreos, but full credit should go to Chile for pointing us in the right direction.

I'm glad to see it continue since I fell asleep, but no it is not Averreos. Averreos is in the pic tho pictured in the turban. I'm looking for the guy writing in the center of the pic.

post-19600-0-93326700-1393833923_thumb.jpg

post-19600-0-02834300-1393834182_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like its about a 2011-2012, boy, Caucasian. Commonly known as a kid.

Obamacare patients?

I was thinking spaghetti on the way out..... 

Posted Images

Averreos, but full credit should go to Chile for pointing us in the right direction.

I'm glad to see it continue since I fell asleep, but no it is not Averreos. Averreos is in the pic tho pictured in the turban. I'm looking for the guy writing in the center of the pic.

Pythagoras

Will do.

Where is/was this? Why is it an impressive sight? for reference, there are lots of these there and the "M" is about 40' high. The perspective makes it look much smaller.

attachicon.gifSCAN0008.JPG

Tank farm in Valdez? 

• Like 1

On the right track. First of all, what does it stand for? Second, location?

(1) Pipeline management system

(2) You scanned it in so I'm thinking it's a personal pic which leads me to believing it has to be in Alaska.  Where exactly I'm unsure.  Possibly a remote village. 

it stands for PMS... Ya know like the WOMEN GET... and that is a tank full of BITCHYNESS ( mind you, its just a SMALL ONE...)  waiting for the next woman to get on the rag so she can take over and spread the joy!!!! :up:

ROFL!

sorry couldnt resist!

That's the part that made it so bizzare. Apparently no one in the company or town was willing to stand up and say, "Hey, I know the initials of our company is PMS, but if we make the entire skyline of ______ place say PMS in huge letters, everyone will only be thinking about pre-menstrual syndrome."

And from this location it is about all you can see.

I'll pass it on, because if someone was going to get it as precisely as I thought they would, they would have already. 

It stands for Petro Marine Services, and is the main fuel yard for Kodiak. The thing is  if you enter Kodiak by boat, it's the first sign of civilization you've seen for weeks or maybe even months. And the entire view is dominated by this tessellation of "PMS." It's rather surreal. The whole town is blocked from view by these tanks. They're that big. There were probably dozens of them, but now I feel like I ought to count them on google earth before I say so.

You all do know this is what I teach.  Been seeing them after the fact and refraining cause I'm supposed to be prepping for lecture.  Baroque starts today.

There is a lot of great art in the baroque period. My favorite would probably be the Realist movement. Amazingly detailed art during that. Ok, I'm done being a geek now haha

• Like 1