Occidental Petroleum Moving Headquarters to Texas from California

They used to have a big office complex in Bakersfield CA. The payroll alone made quite a big positive dent in the local economy and their oil field stuff accounted for many jobs. Wonder how many top office jobs will leave Bakersfield,(LA) the garden oasis center of the known galaxy? Another nail in the coffin for California's economy. Things are getting very interesting. HB of CJ (old coot) Used to live in Bakersfield CA AND I AM SO SORRY I DID! smile.png

Edited by HB of CJ

I think the reason Occidental Petroleum is leaving the shitty city of Los Angeles, (Bakersfield) and the whole state of Kommiefornika might be because most of them came from Texas and Oklahoma in the first place and might just want to go home. If memory serves, Occidental Petroleum was always having disputes with the city, county and state over regulations, taxing, oilfield disputes, regulations, taxes, stupid laws, too much government ...etc., etc...,etc..

My read on this is that a point was reached and the CEO and others just said...."Well fuck this shit....we will just leave". And some are. A big gain for Texas, a big hit for Kommiefornika. It is almost like that is what the state, (CA) wants to do...drive off all the $tax base$, especially from big oil outfits. "You know they just screw up the environment, don't you"? Yeah sure. HB of CJ (old coot) SW OR. Left Bako and Kommieville in 1986 and I try not to look back.

Edited by HB of CJ

They used to have a big office complex in Bakersfield CA. The payroll alone made quite a big positive dent in the local economy and their oil field stuff accounted for many jobs. Wonder how many top office jobs will leave Bakersfield,(LA) the garden oasis center of the known galaxy? Another nail in the coffin for California's economy. Things are getting very interesting. HB of CJ (old coot) Used to live in Bakersfield CA AND I AM SO SORRY I DID! smile.png

They'll turn it all into pot fields.

Some tax benefits, I'm sure.

California will be in denial, that their government sucks ass, even on their death-bed.

Typical Democractic Party Style.

Then they will place blame everywhere else.

Obama will shore-up the failing Democrat States will Federal "Aid" money and then the next Fiscally Conservative Administration will attempt to repair the damage.

Edited by Sim_Player

Some tax benefit? How about a $ton$. My kissing cousin's hubby actually once received a CA state grant for him to try to lure business INTO Kommiefornika. He went at it hard for nearly one year and who knows how much money. I asked him at Thanksgiving one year how many business's had he lured? NONE was his answer. Not one. He tried.

I kinda know a small trucking outfit's owner, (about 25 drivers, 18 tractors and about 30 trailers, who moved from Red Bluff CA to Phoenix OR. I drove truck for him awhile. Dedicated reefer loads. Slip seat. About a 2-3 hour drive in good weather. No other changes. Small outfit. He saved over $50 grand....the first year. $Regulations$!

HB of CJ (old coot) Yeah, I read the article too. No big deal. Interesting thread.