They are different shotguns from different manufactures that use different parts and look different up close.

Welcome to the nut house. Please use the search function to find out all the information you need. If you have a more specific question on selecting a shotgun, please ask..

I would suggest you go with the Saiga as it's easier to configure and has more support and parts.

Welcome to the forum, and just to add to the craziness...I vote you should get both the Saiga and the VEPR. Now you have three options to choose from. :) As Stryker said read up, there is a lot of info here, and you wouldn't go wrong with either option. The saiga may require a little more work to achieve certain configurations, but that is part of the fun IMHO.

• Like 1

Vepr

Held one last week, oh my goodness that thing felt sweet. I look forward to the day I can own one or at least have a little fun with one.

Edit: I got so carried away on that Vepr, I didn't even welcome you....sorry & welcome!

Edited by Venia

Welcome to the forum!

Other than what everyone else above said (and I agree with get them both!) is that the Saiga is 1/2 the cost if you hunt around.

Here's a question for you, what do you want to do with it? It could be that neither gun is good for your use.

You're in luck buddy, Vepr 12 on sale at Centerfire for $799.99 with fixed or folding stock......fuck why am I broke?

Been asking myself that very question for decades now. Could have something to do with the dozens of long guns and thousands upon thousands of ammo that have seen the inside of said long guns

• Like 2

$799 is a kick ass deal on a VEPR. I may have to consider one this summer if prices stay there. I have a really nice Saiga and it will be hard to beat. The VEPR might be a nice investment. I doubt I would want to modify it to run as good as my Tac-47.

I could modify my own Saiga but the work would never be as good as the quality that was put into my shotgun. No way in hell would the VEPR run like my setup out of the box and I would be hesitant to modify the weapon that much. They are, from my understanding all Russian parts in a non neutered configuration. Unmolested VEPR and Saigas are commodities that will never loose value. I bet they will be very collectable one day.

• Like 1

I ended up purchasing a Saiga 12 from this site.

Now start studying your ass off on conversions.  There is a ton of info on this site and youtube.  If it doesn't run bulk type low brass loads, don't start buying gadget crap to fix it.  There are dozens of threads here that will give you all the info you need to get it running light loads.  

I ended up purchasing a Saiga 12 from this site.

Now start studying your ass off on conversions.  There is a ton of info on this site and youtube.  If it doesn't run bulk type low brass loads, don't start buying gadget crap to fix it.  There are dozens of threads here that will give you all the info you need to get it running light loads.  

Yeah don't buy gadgets. If it doesn't work it is clearly a manufacturer defect and very unsafe. I will need to take it of your hands.......for the children of course

oh and BTW, Welcome to the forumbeer.gif

Edited by VR6Shooter