Both sides have always played the game.

My Dad and FiL were both 20yr+ Navy veterans, one a surface sailor, the other a subsurface, and they both can tell some stories of the games they played with the Russians/Chinese.

My Dad's seabooks are full of pictures of each sides Flybys, games of Chicken and more.

All that aside, there are serious aspects to these games...  Too bad they already know our so called leaders are pussies.

• Like 4

Too bad they already know our so called leaders are pussies.

Which is exactly the point. 

When I watched a Bear recon plane buzz our task force I knew it was just part of the game.  Our planes were buzzing their task forces.  Kinda keeping each other honest, so to speak.

This is just Puta slapping us with his dick cause he knows Hussein won't do anything.

This type of military posturing is almost standard procedure between large militaries. This is kinda how countries talk to each other without involving politicians! BOTH sides do it. Its is a contest of provocation and a test of nerve.

Anybody remember the Hainen Island incident? Where there was wingtip contact between a US spyplane and a Chinese interceptor resulting in the downing of both planes? Here is what they never tell you about that: While our reconnaissance aircraft cannot enter Chinese airspace, there is nothing that says we cannot fly as close as possible to their borders and "look down" across their territory. The Chinese are well aware of this tactic and counter it by flying an interceptor as close as humanly possible on their side of the border. Its like a game of chicken. In this particular incident there was accidental contact resulting in a crash, but we do this sort of thing all the time.

Also, check out this list of US/Soviet submarine collisions. This is just the declassified ones. I'd be willing to bet some of these incidents are the result of a similar tactic.

Both sides have always played the game.

My Dad and FiL were both 20yr+ Navy veterans, one a surface sailor, the other a subsurface, and they both can tell some stories of the games they played with the Russians/Chinese.

My Dad's seabooks are full of pictures of each sides Flybys, games of Chicken and more.

All that aside, there are serious aspects to these games...  Too bad they already know our so called leaders are pussies.

Yeah, my dad retired a Navy captain and told me a few stories. I remember one early in his career when a Russian 'fishing boat' with about 20 antenna wandered across the path of the carrier he was serving on. We still dunno if they were trying to see how the carers could maneuver, or the boat captain was just an idiot.

Edited by mostholycerebus

In 1990 when we went to Jubail to unload our MPS ships there was a Chinese cargo ship on the other side of the pier.  The Chinese ship was there when we got there and still there when we left a week later.  They never loaded or unloaded a single container.