What is the point of wanting to look through a citizens phone? Has arresting people for drugs stopped people from doing drugs? Has there ever been a drug dealer arrested who was not immediately replaced by another? Is is a zero-sum game? Is the war on drugs getting closer to being won? Are the government enforcement agents making any progress whatsoever in the war on drugs? Any progress at all? Any less drug dealers? Any less drugs? Is it even possible to admit that there is not even a 0.0000000001% of a chance of EVER being successful? Does the illegal drug market create violence? Is putting people in jail for a plant a moral act? Does the war on drugs reduce violence? Is it working? How long after a dealer is arrested does it take for the market to fill that slot? Are the borders wide open? Will they ever admit that no gains have been made? Can they admit that the whole thing has been a miserable failure? Is it a loosing battle or are they just bad at it? It can only be one or the other. Has any progress been made? It's not the officers fault for losing the war, but it sure isn't right to defend the idea that it can be won. Can it be won? Does the government have the ability to EVER win the war on drugs? Have any gains whatsoever been made? Do they just need a little more time? Is it constitutional? Which amendment grants the power? Is it moral? Is it worthy of honor? Is it truly American? What does Liberty mean? What is Freedom?

What is the point of wanting to look through a citizens phone? Has arresting people for drugs stopped people from doing drugs? Has there ever been a drug dealer arrested who was not immediately replaced by another? Is is a zero-sum game? Is the war on drugs getting closer to being won? Are the government enforcement agents making any progress whatsoever in the war on drugs? Any progress at all? Any less drug dealers? Any less drugs? Is it even possible to admit that there is not even a 0.0000000001% of a chance of EVER being successful? Does the illegal drug market create violence? Is putting people in jail for a plant a moral act? Does the war on drugs reduce violence? Is it working? How long after a dealer is arrested does it take for the market to fill that slot? Are the borders wide open? Will they ever admit that no gains have been made? Can they admit that the whole thing has been a miserable failure? Is it a loosing battle or are they just bad at it? It can only be one or the other. Has any progress been made? It's not the officers fault for losing the war, but it sure isn't right to defend the idea that it can be won. Can it be won? Does the government have the ability to EVER win the war on drugs? Have any gains whatsoever been made? Do they just need a little more time? Is it constitutional? Which amendment grants the power? Is it moral? Is it worthy of honor? Is it truly American? What does Liberty mean? What is Freedom?

This kind of thinking will turn our nation to shit

• Like 1

Any particular part? Care to answer any of the first twenty or so questions?

The truth can be an inconvenient thing...

if it were present

if it were present

post-31894-0-15085000-1404773135.jpg

LOL

Mr sick

No fact I can show, or arguement I present will change your opinion.

I have read hundreds of your posts, and have a pretty fair idea what you are all about.

I choose not to throw my pearls to the swinehaha.gif

PS....Just HAD to throw in the Biblical thingbig_smile.gif

• Like 1

LOL

Mr sick

No fact I can show, or arguement I present will change your opinion.

I have read hundreds of your posts, and have a pretty fair idea what you are all about.

I choose not to throw my pearls to the swinehaha.gif

PS....Just HAD to throw in the Biblical thingbig_smile.gif

Quite to the contrary, my mind is never completely made up.  No one can know everything about everything, as there is always new information to be accounted for.  We all have life experiences and outside information which guide our opinions in one way or another.  If I were to tell you that I am 100% rock solid about every belief I hold, Id be a liar.  

What did I learn today?   Freedom means different things to everyone. horror.gif   This is why its so damn hard to come together for a better america.  While everyone here stands up for our gun rights, there are many other things we will never agree on.  I guess 'constitutional rights' means different things to different people too.  

Anytime you feel like tossing this heathen swine some pearls, he's all ears.028.gif

• Like 1

I right to be secure.... Let's see...

Does that mean I can just leave my personal items and information out on the kitchen table with the doors unlocked?

Fuck NO!

Be wise, exercise.

Secure your shit. Be prepared. Don't volunteer and know your rights.

Half the battle is securing your shit properly, the other half is educating the servant. They must know the law and follow procedure.

Ever seen a teen age girl whoring to get meth or heroin?

Or a little girl with open sores all over her body, picking at them and eating the BUGS she thinks are in there?

I work hard to keep this crap out of our schools, and away from our kids.

I know people that have been killed by the drug dealers trying to do the same.

Is it moral for me to try to protect innocent children from this cancer on our country?

Is it American?

Is it honorable?

Do you think our children should have the (liberty) to destroy life and family for drugs?

Do you think its ok that thousands of people have been killed by the drug gangs?

Do you think I should just let that shit slide, look the other way?

Should I  wring my hands and say Oh I cant stop it, and its not FREEDOM if I try?

OH Please....

A little note

Myself, and people like me will never stop, never give in , never give up.

I swore an oath to this country in the military, and again in law enforcement.

Dont expect me to break them

Jim

• Like 2

Ahh, the ol' emotional appeal 'for the children', I feel like I have heard this method somewhere before. I would not expect to change your mind or for you to have an objective opinion, but I did for some reason expect for you to attempt to answer at least one of my questions. Ohh the children, the children, way to make an intelligent argument in defense of the war of drugs. How about just forget about the moral argument and stick to the constitutional argument;

Is the arrest of a citizen for possession of a plant an enumerated power granted to the government by the constitution? Please direct me to the clause or amendment granting said power.

Ahh, the ol' emotional appeal 'for the children', I feel like I have heard this method somewhere before. I would not expect to change your mind or for you to have an objective opinion, but I did for some reason expect for you to attempt to answer at least one of my questions. Ohh the children, the children, way to make an intelligent argument in defense of the war of drugs. How about just forget about the moral argument and stick to the constitutional argument;

Is the arrest of a citizen for possession of a plant an enumerated power granted to the government by the constitution? Please direct me to the clause or amendment granting said power.

edit to remove personal attack

Ahh, the classic ad hominem fallacy, your argument style is so deep. It's not about me, it is about my argument. If you can't argue the topic then you resort to personal attacks, once again I have seen this method somewhere. There is a reason that you can't dispute my arguement. View my earlier questions if you care to actually have a friendly debate, I will not participate in personal attacks or follow your red herring away from the topic.

Ahh, the classic ad hominem fallacy, your argument style is so deep. It's not about me, it is about my argument. If you can't argue the topic then you resort to personal attacks, once again I have seen this method somewhere. There is a reason that you can't dispute my arguement. View my earlier questions if you care to actually have a friendly debate, I will not participate in personal attacks or follow your red herring away from the topic.

You are right, you pissed me off, I responded incorrectly,

I will fix it   Its fixed

You know I stand on the side of the law.

You know I hate drugs and drug dealers.

Make your case that I am in the wrong, and why

A man only needs to spend four months with (what used to be his precious little girl) watching her have a spinal tap every fuken day to relieve the pressure in her brain because she injected Cryptococcal Meningitis into her blood stream, while trying to get off on some heroin. To watch as she slowly goes blind from the pressure damaging her optic nerves, as she claws at you, begging you to make it all better. To watch as the doctors finally have no choice but to cut into her spinal cord and implant a tube to drain her spinal fluid into her stomach, as she now has to live like that every fuken day for the rest of her life...... If that aint enough to turn you against it all, then you got more serious problems than she does.

And then you get to live with the fact that her little prick high school lover (who turned her on) and whom she was married to, just turned his back on her and found a new life.

I hope to God that no man has to ever find out these truths, but I guess if it has never touched your life as it has so many of us......well then I guess you can say that people like me are just jaded from emotional trauma...or whateverthefuckyouwant    rights my fuken ass..nothing but cold death for someone who does that to our beautiful sons and daughters. My daughter was a beauty queen, and now

• Like 1

A man only needs to spend four months with (what used to be his precious little girl) watching her have a spinal tap every fuken day to relieve the pressure in her brain because she injected Cryptococcal Meningitis into her blood stream, while trying to get off on some heroin. To watch as she slowly goes blind from the pressure damaging her optic nerves, as she claws at you, begging you to make it all better. To watch as the doctors finally have no choice but to cut into her spinal cord and implant a tube to drain her spinal fluid into her stomach, as she now has to live like that every fuken day for the rest of her life...... If that aint enough to turn you against it all, then you got more serious problems than she does.

And then you get to live with the fact that her little prick high school lover (who turned her on) and whom she was married to, just turned his back on her and found a new life.

I hope to God that no man has to ever find out these truths, but I guess if it has never touched your life as it has so many of us......well then I guess you can say that people like me are just jaded from emotional trauma...or whateverthefuckyouwant    rights my fuken ass..nothing but cold death for someone who does that to our beautiful sons and daughters. My daughter was a beauty queen, and now

All due respect AA, I truly feel for your family.  But doesnt the current illegality restrict cheap access to clean needles and pharmaceutical grade drugs?  It seems that many iv drug users get really fucked up by not having access to either of these two things.  When substances are illegal, dangerous and often tainted batches are an inevitability, because they are completely black market.

I cant say looser restrictions would have saved your daughter from addiction itself, but possibly the horrible infection that it caused.

Syringes are handed out for free in most big cities

Or can be had at any drug store with no restriction.

This has had little effect on blood borne pathogens.

Just about all the iv drug users I have to deal with have a variaty of disease.

hiv  hep-abc ect

OMG AA...

All due respect AA, I truly feel for your family.  But doesnt the current illegality restrict cheap access to clean needles and pharmaceutical grade drugs?  It seems that many iv drug users get really fucked up by not having access to either of these two things.  When substances are illegal, dangerous and often tainted batches are an inevitability, because they are completely black market.

I cant say looser restrictions would have saved your daughter from addiction itself, but possibly the horrible infection that it caused.

With all due respect back, you completely missed the fuken point, or don't want to look at it, but that is not unusual. I'm now sorry I posted this.

Clean needles???? Well you obviously have no idea how that particular disease is contracted or wouldn't have written that.  The best idea I came up with is a dirt nap for every one of the cocksuckers that had a part in turning her into this.

I'm DONE here, and I would rather not have any fuked up comments about the death sentence that has been dealt to my child, she was a flowering girl when this was done to her, and if ANYBODY thinks it's ok for someone to do that to a kid...I have no fuken respect for them and want nothing to do with someone like that, I"M DONE HERE. Good luck to you and yours.

With all due respect back, you completely missed the fuken point, or don't want to look at it, but that is not unusual. I'm now sorry I posted this.

Clean needles???? Well you obviously have no idea how that particular disease is contracted or wouldn't have written that.  The best idea I came up with is a dirt nap for every one of the cocksuckers that had a part in turning her into this.

I'm DONE here, and I would rather not have any fuked up comments about the death sentence that has been dealt to my child, she was a flowering girl when this was done to her, and if ANYBODY thinks it's ok for someone to do that to a kid...I have no fuken respect for them and want nothing to do with someone like that, I"M DONE HERE. Good luck to you and yours.

If you think im completely blind to the horrors of drug addiction, you would be incorrect.  I grew up in a small city that had the second highest rate of heroin addiction per capita, in the entire united states, in a city of around 15,000 people.  Ive seen friends and family turn into disgusting shells of their former selves, three of my very best friends died from overdoses, and my mother is hopelessly addicted to this day.

When I was a kid, my mom was normal as can be.  She partied in her younger years, but completely stopped when she found out she was pregnant with me.  My dad did the same.  They made a good life for me, they worked their asses off, but I had everything i needed, and all the love many grow up without.  We went of vacations, they bought a nice house, decent cars, good reputation, and we were the picture of a 'good as it gets' family.

When I was 19 my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer.  They cut off both of her breasts and ran her through almost a year of painful chemo and radiation.  Her hair fell out, she was in constant pain, she was a fucking mess.  Her doctor prescribed her oxycontin for the pain, a little at first, and finally building up to 160mg.

Now heres the kicker, Once she was done with her cancer treatments, he cut her off.  No offer to wean down, no methadone, no nothing, just done.  She was sick for days and all of a sudden she was better, we thought it was the end of it, nope.  One of my cousins used heroin, and gave mom some because she was so fucking sick.  This continued her addiction then, and it still persists now.

But I dont blame my cousin for giving opiates to an opiate addict, she was in pain and I understand that.  I blame the fucking doctor for leaving her with zero options and basically driving her to it.  He could have referred her to a clinic, or a rehab, or whatever, he didnt even try.  How the fuck can you have a licence to prescribe medications and not be aware that your patient is hopelessly addicted, then cut them off and be rightous about it.  

The system of restrictions is what drove my mom to use illegal drugs.  But shes not alone, thousands of people are introduced to opiates a year, by their doctor.  Many of these people also turn to heroin and the like.  When a system is so fucked up that it gives out terribly addictive substances, then expects everyone not to get addicted, it is destructive and irresponsible. There is no winner here, the system failed.

One more time bad_egg.gif

And the discussion was about "CHILDREN", not adults...post #44 and #45

Any person who thinks it's ok to allow "CHILDREN" to have ready access to drugs under any circumstances is a fucking piece of shit in my book, but I may be completely out of my fuken mind so perhaps it doesn't matter, and it's just one man's opinion anyway. I used to tell myself all sorts of lies to make me feel OK in my own skin, I just had to be right. Folks with no moral compass make decisions all the time which adversely affects everyone else, just look to Washington D.C., or perhaps their own state house, or maybe even their own living roomblack_heart.gif

I too will fight for the wellbeing of all our children.

• Like 1

One more time bad_egg.gif

And the discussion was about "CHILDREN", not adults...post #44 and #45

Any person who thinks it's ok to allow "CHILDREN" to have ready access to drugs under any circumstances is a fucking piece of shit in my book, but I may be completely out of my fuken mind so perhaps it doesn't matter, and it's just one man's opinion anyway. I used to tell myself all sorts of lies to make me feel OK in my own skin, I just had to be right. Folks with no moral compass make decisions all the time which adversely affects everyone else, just look to Washington D.C., or perhaps their own state house, or maybe even their own living roomblack_heart.gif

I too will fight for the wellbeing of all our children.

I know it started off about kids, but it made me think of my mother.  I miss the days when she didnt need a substance to be normal, it fucks me up more and more as the years go by.  I have a daughter who absolutely loves her grandma, but grandma can only be around when shes 'ok', because when shes not ok, shes a fucking mess.  When she has her shit, shes ok, when she doesnt, shes not.  It fucking sucks for everyone, especially for her.

Darth

sorry my responces to three members posts have taken your thread into a legalize drugs and hate the country arguement.

I also apologize Darth.  I have a bad habit of derailing threads.

Edited by Boomsick42

You two should not apologize for this one.  Sometimes threads get derailed for the good.  You guys got some bad shit off your chest and brought in a first hand view on how things can go sideways for good people.

While addiction can be fucked up for the addicted.  I think it is much harder on the family and friends that have to deal with it.

Edited by Big John!