Supreme court rules in favor of Hobby Lobby

The decision troubles me because they said it only pertained to birth control.  So for those who don't believe in blood transfusions, or those who don't believe in anti-depressants, or those who don't believe in medicine at all (for Christian Scientists) are SOL.  This decision picks winners and losers in religion.  The government and courts should not pick winners and losers when it comes to business, but especially when it comes to religion.

Moved to Political in 3...2...1...

Edited by mizombiekilla

The decision troubles me because they said it only pertained to birth control.  So for those who don't believe in blood transfusions, or those who don't believe in anti-depressants, or those who don't believe in medicine at all (for Christian Scientists) are SOL.  This decision picks winners and losers in religion.  The government and courts should not pick winners and losers when it comes to business, but especially when it comes to religion.

Moved to Political in 3...2...1...

^^^^^THANK YOU VERY MUCH^^^^^.........If the commie government hadn't shoved this commie health care shit up our asses..........there would not be a discussion here...period.

This is another fine example of communism gone amuck  010.gif

• Like 4

Joe christisn, business owner, family man, does not approve of his female employees right to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy.  He is not buying the medication, the insurance company does that.

Sooo, am I fucking retarded, or does the insurance company pay for contraception?  Are weirdo business owners going to pick insurance company's who dont offer birth control measures?  Does such an insurance company even exist?  

• Like 1

This is the biggest deal about nothing I've ever seen.

Nobody will "lose" their birth control. The government will jump in to "rescue" all those "victims" from paying the $8 a month.

But the left and christian haters are losing their freakin minds.

The truest Tempest in a Teacup I've ever seen.

• Like 2

Joe christisn, business owner, family man, does not approve of his female employees right to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancy.  He is not buying the medication, the insurance company does that.

Sooo, am I fucking retarded, or does the insurance company pay for contraception?  Are weirdo business owners going to pick insurance company's who dont offer birth control measures?  Does such an insurance company even exist?  

Medical "benefits" have always been a "fringe benefit" to attract prospective employees, not all companies offered/or could afford a "benefits package", it WAS called FREEDOM. If you didn't like the lack of "benefits" being offered by the prospective employer, well you were FREE to go the fuck some place for work. Commie fucking obuttfukercare changed all of that, and by the way...he is the very motherfuker that gave out passes to this group and that group, he did it first.

But since this is about a religious decision its all fucked up because this guy cannot be FREE to make that kind of decision. Kiss your fucking freedom good by baby boy super_man.gif

Rant off\

Edited by AA re-cvrd
  • Like 5

Under obummer care, the business is paying extra taxes that supports everything. So no your not retaaaaaarded. The devil is in the details, sorry for the double post

The scary part that the OP pointed out is 4 of the justices want to limit your freedom in favor of the collective. If that does not bother anyone, we are done.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 3

When the cost of doing business increases, fewer folks get hired. The poor MickeyD employees will soon find out when they are replaced by kiosks. Remember, the stockholder is king, everything else is elementary.

• Like 1

When the cost of doing business increases, fewer folks get hired. The poor MickeyD employees will soon find out when they are replaced by kiosks. 

Too late!

McDonalds_08.jpg

Medical "benefits" have always been a "fringe benefit" to attract prospective employees, not all companies offered/or could afford a "benefits package", it WAS called FREEDOM. If you didn't like the lack of "benefits" being offered by the prospective employer, well you were FREE to go the fuck some place for work. Commie fucking obuttfukercare changed all of that, and by the way...he is the very motherfuker that gave out passes to this group and that group, he did it first.

But since this is about a religious decision its all fucked up because this guy cannot be FREE to make that kind of decision. Kiss your fucking freedom good by baby boy super_man.gif

Rant off\

AA fukin men.

I also have issues with Alito saying that if the employer doesn't want to pay for it, then the government should.  So Hobby Lobby doesn't have to pay but you and I will with our taxes.

“The most straightforward way of doing this would be for the Government to assume the cost of providing the four contraceptives at issue to any women who are unable to obtain them under their health-insurance policies due to their employers’ religious objections,”

This is NOT a win for smaller government or for getting away from Government run/paid for health care.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I just don't see much to celebrate.

Edited by mizombiekilla

I also have issues with Alito saying that if the employer doesn't want to pay for it, then the government should.  So Hobby Lobby doesn't have to pay but you and I will with our taxes.

“The most straightforward way of doing this would be for the Government to assume the cost of providing the four contraceptives at issue to any women who are unable to obtain them under their health-insurance policies due to their employers’ religious objections,”

This is NOT a win for smaller government or for getting away from Government run/paid for health care.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I just don't see much to celebrate.

Pretty simple to understand if you look at it for what it really is, lets give it a try. Gubmit agent comes to you and says you gotta kill that guy over there, tells the two guys standing next to you that they don't have to kill anybody, they are good to go. You look at the gubmit agent and tell him he is out of his fuken mind, you aint gonna kill nobody cause it's against your principals/morals to do so. Gubmit agent says you either do it or else he will lock you up ....whatta ya gonna do........bad_egg.gif  It's about the spiritual principals we are supposed to live by. The owners of Hobby Lobby stood by theirs, and were willing to close their doors too.

It just so happens that my wife worked for Hobby Lobby a long time ago, she told me today that everyone who works there knows the deal BEFORE they agree to start work for them. It's like going to work at CBN, you are told the deal BEFORE you are hired.

• Like 1

Pretty simple to understand if you look at it for what it really is, lets give it a try. Gubmit agent comes to you and says you gotta kill that guy over there, tells the two guys standing next to you that they don't have to kill anybody, they are good to go. You look at the gubmit agent and tell him he is out of his fuken mind, you aint gonna kill nobody cause it's against your principals/morals to do so. Gubmit agent says you either do it or else he will lock you up ....whatta ya gonna do........bad_egg.gif  It's about the spiritual principals we are supposed to live by. The owners of Hobby Lobby stood by theirs, and were willing to close their doors too.

It just so happens that my wife worked for Hobby Lobby a long time ago, she told me today that everyone who works there knows the deal BEFORE they agree to start work for them. It's like going to work at CBN, you are told the deal BEFORE you are hired.

What I may never know is, when hobby lobby offered health benefits before obammycare, did they tell the health care provider to NOT cover contraception?  How is that even possible?  Not to mention, if they were so against birth control due to spiritual beliefs, whats to say they would only allow the health care provider to treat cancer patients by dancing with poisonous snakes or treat sick babies by baptism.  The whole thing goes down a weird fucking hole when you really think about it.

Of course, if you know that your employer is a fucking weirdo its your choice not to work for him.  So his choices can be his own also.  

• Like 2

Hobby Lobby is not against contraceptives they  are against the 4 products  that terminate conception .

So we have 4 judges that are against Life and Liberty

I just learned that today, you beat me to it.

Hobby Lobby is not against contraceptives they  are against the 4 products  that terminate conception .

Boomsick42........the coolaid pouring state sponsored media will have you to believe that it's all about contraceptives, general birth control, that's the shit they have been pouring in your drink, and I believe that is exactly why you jumped out with what you said in post #10. I would have the same admiration for you standing on your principals as the Green family did, whether I agree with you or not, or whether I think it smart or not. Our freedom is being eroded at an alarming rate, be careful what you buy into from the media 026.gif

• Like 2

Boomsick42........the coolaid pouring state sponsored media will have you to believe that it's all about contraceptives, general birth control, that's the shit they have been pouring in your drink, and I believe that is exactly why you jumped out with what you said in post #10. I would have the same admiration for you standing on your principals as the Green family did, whether I agree with you or not, or whether I think it smart or not. Our freedom is being eroded at an alarming rate, be careful what you buy into from the media 026.gif

And I drank said cool aid thinking it was all contraception, not just the morning after pills.  

But it really comes down to who has the rights to begin with.  Mandated obamacare commie medicine aside, do the business owners have the right to choose medicine they agree with, or do the employees with the insurance plan have that right? 

Thats the question in this case, who owns the rights?  the worker or the employer?  

Who deserves to be stifled, the worker or the employer?  Because someone has to get fucked in the end

And I drank said cool aid thinking it was all contraception, not just the morning after pills.  

But it really comes down to who has the rights to begin with.  Mandated obamacare commie medicine aside, do the business owners have the right to choose medicine they agree with, or do the employees with the insurance plan have that right? 

Thats the question in this case, who owns the rights?  the worker or the employer?  

Who deserves to be stifled, the worker or the employer?  Because someone has to get fucked in the end

In a FREE state it has always been the employer who paid the piper, so he chose which song would get played. In a FREE state you could choose to leave that employer for better "FRINGE BEBEFITS" some place else. It's kinda like voting with your feet...don't like the laws of the state you live in....MOVETHEFUCKOUT, and when enough people do that and the tax base goes to shit then most of the time change happens.

Think about this........if the gubmit provides your health coverage, could they then tell you that you cannot leave your job to go to work someplace else? That's fuken scarry right there. Whomever pays for the ammo gets to call the shots, so to speak.

I have a feeling that you are a fairly young man, I truly fear for your future, and my own grandchildren if this shit keeps on the track it is. And I mean that with all sincerity wet_eyes.gif

In a FREE state it has always been the employer who paid the piper, so he chose which song would get played. In a FREE state you could choose to leave that employer for better "FRINGE BEBEFITS" some place else. It's kinda like voting with your feet...don't like the laws of the state you live in....MOVETHEFUCKOUT, and when enough people do that and the tax base goes to shit then most of the time change happens.

Think about this........if the gubmit provides your health coverage, could they then tell you that you cannot leave your job to go to work someplace else? That's fuken scarry right there. Whomever pays for the ammo gets to call the shots, so to speak.

I have a feeling that you are a fairly young man, I truly fear for your future, and my own grandchildren if this shit keeps on the track it is. And I mean that with all sincerity wet_eyes.gif

I am 32 with a 5yr old daughter.  Lets just say, Im expecting to see some bad shit before I kick the bucket.  The way things are going, there is no way we can escape from being the uk or austrailia in the next 30 yrs.

I feel lucky to realize it, where so many people my age are completely in the dark.  At least I can be prepared.

I'd rather they allow contraceptives than have another fatherless/motherless child sucking on the welfare titty.

Or worst yet let lequita have another child for someone else to raise so she can get a bigger balance on her ebt card.

But that's just the nonbeliever in me.

No I'm not leftist or god hating either.

I'm free to choose as you are.

• Like 1

I'd rather they allow contraceptives than have another fatherless/motherless child sucking on the welfare titty.

Or worst yet let lequita have another child for someone else to raise so she can get a bigger balance on her ebt card.

But that's just the nonbeliever in me.

No I'm not leftist or god hating either.

I'm free to choose as you are.

Do any of you morons read the whole thread before you post?

This is not about contraceptives.  Hobby lobby's insurance provides 16 out of 20 FDA approved contraceptives.  Hobby Lobby will not pay for the morning after pill which kills after conception.

Fuuuuccckkkk.... 

If you don't like that then go work somewhere that offers the morning after pills.

Edited by Big John!
  • Like 3