“And I am not going to lock my gun in a commercial parking lot, with people watching me put it in there. That’s just ludicrous.”

But it's totally fine if you, me, or anyone not LE has to do exactly that...

More places to not spend money! I really do wonder how impoverished these places think firearms owners must be to not need our type of business?

• Like 1

I remember this happening at a school not too long ago. I think a cop came to pick up his kid off duty and in uniform. He was told no, and I believe the school stood their ground on that one. Not 100% sure.

Elitist attitude by Goldberg. Cops are exempt. BULLSHIT.

I think if they are off duty then it is bullshit. If they are on duty then they need to have their gun, but they also need to have a reason to be in the store. They shouldn't be out shopping in uniform anyway because it gives the appearance of wasting the taxpayer's money. Go home and change clothes.

Elitist attitude by Goldberg. Cops are exempt. BULLSHIT.

I think if they are off duty then it is bullshit. If they are on duty then they need to have their gun, but they also need to have a reason to be in the store. They shouldn't be out shopping in uniform anyway because it gives the appearance of wasting the taxpayer's money. Go home and change clothes.

Ehhh... Some jurisdictions require officers to carry a sidearm at all times. Also, I've never had a problem with seeing police who are on duty doing some shopping. There's not always an emergency somewhere and shopping centers have crime, and need a display of police presence, as well. I've never been one to be offended by LE presence in general anyhow so if I an on duty cop wants to buy a fishing pole while I'm buying ammo, good for me and him.

• Like 1

If it wasn't so sickening I would laugh. Yeah...he won't disarm in a parking lot, but certainly expects/ demands that you and I do fukemall.

Yup!

Ikea has every right to send him away.  They are nobody special.

Ya don't like it, take your dollars elsewhere.

What totally pisses me off here is the aforementioned double standard. We as law abiding citizens MUST be able to possess and bear the exact same type of armaments that various august law enforcement officers do...including SWAT teams. Especially SWAT teams. Who watches the watchers and stuff like that?

Capitalism may certain play out here. If enough shoppers who are law abiding citizens get mad, they may not shop there. If enough of this happens, the profitability of the joint will fall enough to make them re think their stupid anti Constitutional carry policy. Ideally, the company should go under.

HB of CJ (old coot) just me