"Can we check your house?"  Honestly, my response would have been "fuck no" to guys with that kind of attitude.  It's funny though, I had cops in my yard just last week looking for a "coyote" that bailed on his load.  I pulled up to my house and they were walking around my yard with flashlights.  I told my wife and kids to stay put while I checked the inside of the house.  Since I was on my property, I grabbed my handgun from under the seat.  As I'm walking to the front door, a cop shines me up and asks if he can talk to me.  I said "sure, but don't freak out, I've got my gun with me".  He responded with "oh that's cool man",  He kept his hands down as did I and we proceeded to share info on the layout of the neighborhood.  He left my yard with a good handshake and "thank you".  Proof that there are still good guys with common sense and an understanding of people's rights out there.

• Like 7

Ignorant and unprofessional behaviour .

it would be proper to politely explain the situation and ask for permission to search for the suspect.

If the answer is no...then you say thank you and leave .....or try to get a warrant.

I dont agree...but in some states its a crime to video an LE.

• Like 1

Not anymore. But they can try to charge you with wire tapping for the audio.

It's important to know if it's a " one or two party consent state"

Of you're a public servant and you have a problem being video taped, you're a public menace. What reasonable expectation of privacy does a public servant have while on public duty?

• Like 5

Ignorant and unprofessional behaviour .

it would be proper to politely explain the situation and ask for permission to search for the suspect.

If the answer is no...then you say thank you and leave .....or try to get a warrant.

I dont agree...but in some states its a crime to video an LE.

Not anymore. But they can try to charge you with wire tapping for the audio.

It's important to know if it's a " one or two party consent state"

Of you're a public servant and you have a problem being video taped, you're a public menace. What reasonable expectation of privacy does a public servant have while on public duty?

Supreme Court has upheld the right of citizens to record LE. State wiretapping laws are in that regard null and void.

• Like 2

IMO...they were both very unprofessional.  I understand the home owner, and I agree with him...but I believe he could have stated his case and rights in a more professional and less hostile manner.  The police, on the other hand, knew better.  I am glad it went the direction it did.  He may not be as fortunate the next time.   Right or wrong. 

The tenant handled a pair of unprofessional assholes just fine, they didn't earn & therefore didn't deserve any respect.

As a matter of fact, they got exactly what they gave.

Good for him, standing strong at his castle's gate.

ETA:  See how quick fatso stopped his threatened assault & theft of property?

Oh shit, its uploading directly to Youtube, even if I take it and delete it, I'm fucked.

Imagine how this would have gone without him videoing it.

Hint, he would have been dragged from his apartment, assaulted, battered, falsely arrested, charges trumped up & his Rights trampled on.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

The tenant handled a pair of unprofessional assholes just fine, they didn't earn & therefore didn't deserve any respect.

Oh shit, its uploading directly to Youtube, even if I take it and delete it, I'm fucked.

Hint, he would have been dragged from his apartment, assaulted, battered, falsely arrested, charges trumped up & his Rights trampled on.

That shit happens all across this land, every fuken day, and it has been like that for much too long. When the police,   police the police,   we're all fuked. I'm not trying to say that all cops are like fatass and monkeydick in that video, nor am I trying to say we don't need cops, but the corruption has got to go. 

• Like 1

Thats why I don't answer the door.