Fathers, dont let you daughters be muslims (duh)

Some of the blame goes to the family mom, dad, brothers, sister, grand parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and any others. Don’t you people talk? What kind of values do you as a group have that some of you thought this kind of thing was even remotely a good thing to do?

Some of us dont! Never was much into that even as a kid. Parents tried but best they could get out of me were one word answers like "ok", "fine" "yes". Parents are not friends, they are parents. Its kinda like mixing business and pleasure or bringing your personal life to work or work life home. I dont mix the two. never liked it when my parents tried to either

Sometimes (as hard as you might try), your kids just turn out to be rotten motherfuckers, even murderers and or junkies, hell sometimes they turn and kill you. This doesn't mean it is automatically yours and everyone else's fault, sometimes they're just bad seeds, our society has plenty examples of it anger.gif

• Like 3

Some of the blame goes to the family mom, dad, brothers, sister, grand parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and any others. Don’t you people talk? What kind of values do you as a group have that some of you thought this kind of thing was even remotely a good thing to do?

Some of us dont! Never was much into that even as a kid. Parents tried but best they could get out of me were one word answers like "ok", "fine" "yes". Parents are not friends, they are parents. Its kinda like mixing business and pleasure or bringing your personal life to work or work life home. I dont mix the two. never liked it when my parents tried to either

Sometimes (as hard as you might try), your kids just turn out to be rotten motherfuckers, even murderers and or junkies, hell sometimes they turn and kill you. This doesn't mean it is automatically yours and everyone else's fault, sometimes they're just bad seeds, our society has plenty examples of it anger.gif

I agree 100%

My parents divorced when I was young, mother who I lived with most of the time lived in Texas, father who I lived with off and on lived in Tennessee. My father worked construction so was gone a lot and I stayed with my grandparents a lot of the time.

My grandmother was a sweet old lady who carried a Colt Cobra (I had and gave to my sister) and granddad was kind of the embodiment of everything good a granddad could and should be and he talked to me. Later when I read The Reivers by Faulkner I remembered I had heard these same words maybe said differently from my grandfather many times:

“A gentleman can live through anything. He faces anything. A gentleman accepts the responsibility of his actions and bears the burden of their consequences, even when he did not himself instigate them but only acquiesced to them, didn't say No though he knew he should.”

I understood this and I passed in on to my son over the years when we talked. While talking is not a cure for just a child being bad from the get go at least it’s a starting point for telling someone you care about them but they are responsible for their actions and what you expect of them.

I went through the guy on the internet with my daughter when she was 15 or 16. Not very fun, she thought this guy was the love of her life. She was never allowed to go see said guy and lost internet, phone etc. Lasted about two months before the guy moved on. She has never forgiven me for that. Maybe when she has kids she'll come to understand why.

If these girls where legal age when they left, it is on them mostly. Where were the parents? Did they not raise the girls and teach them about the evils of the world?

Hope it works out for them, but sometimes the mistakes cannot be overcome

The teenage girl is a fickle creature.

My girls were a tremendous challenge for me 10+ years ago.

Now we can laugh about it and they take credit for my male pattern baldness. :haha2:

Good or bad parents are just a small piece of the total influence on kids these days.

At some point children make their own choices, you hope for good choices, but thats not always the way it goes.

Humans (or children) dont come with any guarantees no matter how hard you try.  

Parents are the single most influential figures in a child's life. Are you smokin' something? They will make their own choices based on the life experiences gained by proper parenting.

Do you have any children? How did they turn out?

Good or bad parents are just a small piece of the total influence on kids these days.

At some point children make their own choices, you hope for good choices, but thats not always the way it goes.

Parents are the single most influential figures in a child's life. Are you smokin' something? They will make their own choices based on the life experiences gained by proper parenting.

Plenty good parents have been murdered by their piece O shit kids bad_egg.gif

• Like 1

Raised 4 kids 2 boys two girls

Then raised two granddaughters for their first 15 years .

3 of 4 kids great...one not so great.

Both granddaughters great.

I know great parents with crap kids

I know crap parents with great kids

Good parenting is incredibly important but its no guarantee of outcome 

• Like 4