If you can't stop your assailant with a 9mm or a 45, there is something very wrong. If the nine goes right through, the target is going to have two holes in him. One in and one out. That's alot of blood loss. If the 45 fails to penetrate, the target is still going to feel like he got hit by a sledgehammer and will probably be out on his back. In a ballistic test we conducted a few years ago against bullet proofing materials, we were shocked to see the round that inflicted the worst damage was a 22lr hollow point. My doc friends confirmed that 22lr shots in the ER are horrific due to the fragments and the multiple lacerations created.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get a polymer striker fired pistol and be done with this business.   M57 is a terrible firs pistol for a woman. there I said it.

The military is also limited by the Hague convention, in that they cannot make use of any sort of expanding/fragmenting bullets. 9mm is a very effective round when you get to choose exactly what kind

Those are also awful. OOBuck is the knee jerk choice for HD, but is measurably inferior to #4 buck or #1 buck, in almost every way. Slugs are way over penetrative, with the possible exception of thing

Posted Images

Well its good to see a bit of pro .45 acp and pro 7.62x25 info in this thread ^____^;

I don't mean to show my ignorance or seem snotty, since my youth I've heard that 9mm are a weak round so its just drilled into my head like people that just refuse to drive a GM because of seeing a bunch of recalls on TV or hearing people name all the reasons Camaros are inferior to Mustangs.

I'm actually waiting until after my birthday [guess i'll be old-cooting it up for the next 3 months] in case by some miracle I get an M57 or Remington R1 as a present. In the mean time I'll do my research and hopefully continue to read great info on here.

I might not know much now, but I'm sure getting a hell of an education.

• Like 2

If you can't stop your assailant with a 9mm or a 45, there is something very wrong. If the nine goes right through, the target is going to have two holes in him. One in and one out. That's alot of blood loss. If the 45 fails to penetrate, the target is still going to feel like he got hit by a sledgehammer and will probably be out on his back. In a ballistic test we conducted a few years ago against bullet proofing materials, we were shocked to see the round that inflicted the worst damage was a 22lr hollow point. My doc friends confirmed that 22lr shots in the ER are horrific due to the fragments and the multiple lacerations created.

.22lr is a nasty little round that alot of people underestimate. It also penetrates better than most people realize.   

• Like 1

But caliber helps, I mean you have a lot more margin for error with a .50ae than a .22lr if you're off the heart-lung area by an inch or so.  I feel I can control .45s pretty well and supposedly Tokarevs are light recoil like 5.7s so I imagine I can aim one of those as well. At about 10 yards I can keep my shots in the 9-10 rings reliably. I know that's nothing special, I'm just saying that is not like I'm all over the place with a .45

GUYS,

CHECKED OUT REEDSAMMODOTCOM 'X25 PAGE, AND THEY HAVE QUITE THE SELECTION, 60-110GRN. PROJECTILES.

ASKED THEM IF THEY HAD EVER CONSIDERED BARNES ALL COPPER BULLETS, AND THEY REPLIED THAT THEY DIDN'T THINK THAT THEY MADE ANYTHING THAT WAS COMPATABLE WITH CZ's AND TT's.

I JUST ANSWERED THEM BACK, THAT YES THEY DO, BUT THOSE BULLETS ARE NOT CATALOGED, BUT ARE SOLD TO THREE DIFFERENT AMMO COMPANIES; BUFFALO BORE, COR-BON, AND DOUBLE TAP, FOR USE IN 32NAA, 32ACP (60GRN.), AND .30 CARBINE (100GRN.).

I TOLD THEM THAT THEY COULD PROBABLY GET SOME OF BOTH WEIGHTS FROM BARNES, TO EXPERIMENT WITH.

I ALSO SUGGESTED THAT BARNES COULD PROBABLY BE PURSUADED TO MAKE A MID 80GRN. BULLET FOR THE 'X25.

WE'LL SEE WHAT THE REPLY IS IN THE AM.....

THEIR STUFF IS PRETTY PRICEY......WONDER WHAT'S THE POSSIBILITY OF EVERYBODY SETTLING ON ONE LOAD, OUT OF THEIR SEVERAL CHOICES, AND DOING A GROUP BUY?

JUS' SAYIN'

JESS1344

Edited by JESS1344

JDEKO,

I'VE NEVER PARTICIPATED IN ONE, BUT, MOST USUALLY, TO MY KNOWLEDGE, IT HAS BEEN DONE ON GUNS, TO GET A LOWER PRICE.

I WOULD EXPECT, ONCE A CHOICE OF LOAD IS DECIDED UPON, THAT SOME TYPE OF IDENTIFER, CODE WORD OR WHATEVER, WOULD BE SUPPLIED TO THOSE FORUM MEMBERS PARTICIPATING, WHICH WOULD THEN BE SUPPLIED, FOR USE IN EITHER AN ONLINE OR TELEPHONIC ORDER.

THAT'S JUST A GUESS ON MY PART, HAVING NEVER TAKEN PART IN ONE.

JESS1344

Hmmmm, well as I've never done so either I also have no idea. And since I'm quite obvious a ballistics ninny I'm not really place to pick which one we all group buy either. However if one particular load could be shown to be the best man-stopper/melon 'sploder I'd be quite happy to buy a ton of it [and the M57 to shoot it out of]

JDEKO,

I STILL RECOMMEND A USED G23 GEN III, THAT WITH SPARE LONE WOLF BARRELS YOU CAN SHOOT 9P, .40CAL, AND.357SIG OUT OF, BUT IF THE TOK IS WHAT CRUMBLES YOUR COOKIE, HAVE AT IT.

AS I RECALL, THERE'S ONE LOAD THAT FEATURES THE SPEER GOLD DOT, WHICH IN MY EXPERIENCE, WILL HOLD TOGETHER UNDER HIGH VELOCITY IMPACT, BETTER THAN ABOUT ANYTHING, SHORT OF THE BARNES SOLID COPPER HP's.

JESS1344

I just skimmed this thread to see what the heck was going on here.  Get a Glock 19 and be done with it.  9mm is abundant and will certainly do the job.  I have a 1911 and love the 45 cal round, but carry my 9 daily mainly to have twice as much ammo in the gun.

I agree with the above. G19s are available everywhere cheap used & new.

Also I may seem like I am pushing 9mm a bit hard here, but I don't even own a pistol in 9mm. I do intend to change that soon. I simply like it because it has the widest selection of loadings & prices, and you are guaranteed to find it everywhere and anywhere.

Good luck finding 7.62x25 in a backwoods gun store or Walmart.

I know a state cop. He's told me that you don't even notice recoil or volume in a gun fight.

Yeah. If someones breaking into your house to rape your wife and kids, the last thing on your mind at the time is "Boy this may adversely affect my hearing". Now, that doesn't mean I say go all out and be deaf, but most pistol calibers are loud but nothing booming like if you were sitting in your home prepping to take out intruders with magnum rifle rounds

i hoped to hide my more silly concerns, but alas i find my hidden intent needs to be brought to light now. as well as for defense, well really i expect i will be using it much more for shooting paper at the range than at rapists and home invaders. firing my 12ga i was the talk of the room and friend to all there. i was hoping the Tokarev would have an impressive bark as well as too garner a few oooooos and aaaaaaaaaaaaaahs.

Something to also consider, a concealable, reliable pistol for EDC.

If this is your first semi automatic rape whistle it should be as multi use as possible.

For WOW factor get really good with it. A lady who can shoot well is more impressive than a lady that has cool shit. Work on the " look what I can do " instead of " look what I got"

• Like 1

Go with a 9MM, if want the 'WOW' factor, get a Star 'B', they are available for under $300, and a ' Nazi 1911' is just neat as hell! It is also a very good and reliable pistol.

link please