I received this about 4:30a today on the the GunsAmericaDigest

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/end-sig-brace/

I guess they will have to hire more agents to follow us around to see who forgets and lets the brace slide up to the shoulder. See, trickle down economics does work.

Edited by sobrenegade

The letter was specific to the shotgun that was submitted. The ATF has said again and again that specific rulings apply only to what is addressed.

Without more information I can't be sure but it appears the shotgun in question would be an aow since the barrel is under 18. So it appears to be a question of which category of nfa weapon it will be.

Goddamn autocorrect.

Edited by Darth Saigus

I received this about 4:30a today on the the GunsAmericaDigest

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/end-sig-brace/

yeah, and at around 8:00 AM today  I took a big shit. my shitting a log and that "blog" came from the same place,  some asshole.

"Rumor on the web today" is all you needed to read before sending this "blog" where it belongs, down the sewer pipe and not go smearing it all over the walls of the bathroom.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

The problem is that a shotgun was never intended to be fired with one hand and an ar pistol is. That is why I believe they have stated that putting it on a shotgun would be a no-no. I still think that it may not come down to them ruling gains using them on pistols but these companies really need to think about what they are doing because they can ruin it for everyone and where does that leave them? Bankrupt with no customers.

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109
  • Like 1

Kill the messenger.

The internet gives some people the opportunity to be themselves without getting punched in the mouth.

Internet muscles abound. Isn't it amazing how tough some get when they can hide behind a keyboard?

...they forget their IP and MAC address will  lead a determined individual right to them.

• Like 2

Was referring to me.

Kill the messenger.

The internet gives some people the opportunity to be themselves without getting punched in the mouth.

Internet muscles abound. Isn't it amazing how tough some get when they can hide behind a keyboard?

...they forget their IP and MAC address will  lead a determined individual right to them.

Was referring to me.

Kill the messenger.

No its  not you ....Im thinkin hopkins who apparently hates the blogger who posted the letter 

Bohemia Grove

No its  not you ....Im thinkin hopkins who apparently hates the blogger who posted the letter 

well fuck, you got me, yes it was me who posted that letter.  I also have the key to the runic stone they found in Mn. and I am a member Bohemia Grove.

I also  know where the white house corner stone is,  it's in my basement next to the ark of the covenant

031.gif

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Bohemia Grove

well fuck, you got me, yes it was me who posted that letter.  I also have the key to the runic stone they found in Mn. and I am a member Bohemia Grove.

I also  know where the white house corner stone is,  it's in my basement next to the ark of the covenant

031.gif

no drama MH

I was just sayin it was you who didnt like the messenger 

The media lies and makes up shit everyday. The .gov definitely lies, everyday. The homo in chief can't be on TV for 5 minutes without being caught in a lie by some earlier video. The PC term is mislead. Don't want to offend anyone by calling them a f@cking liar which is what they are. The public televised display of lying under oath by .gov officials in the last six years has been mind numbing and not a f@cking one has been called on it. Just the day before yesterday that psychotic bitch pelosi and Barry both openly deny they ever heard or met Gruber when video CLEARLY show they do. No one cares.

During the 'Nam, Dan Rather asked a grunt in a deserted village if he would not mind setting the thatched roof of a hooch on fire with his trusty Zippo. The grunt knowing the vil was long deserted figured sure, no one lives here.

That night on the news Zippo Dan reported this is what the U.S. army does, lights innocent/ non combatant people's homes on fire and destroys occupied villages.

He is still a lying piece of shit. Believe nothing you read or see on TV, newspapers and mainstream periodicals.

• Like 1

Interesting. Will this reclassify an AOW shotgun to a SBS ... if the brace is used as a butt stock? Or COULD be used as a butt stock? And if so ... could this possibly be related to a more sweeping general ruling change affecting pistols with the aforementioned brace used as a butt stock from pistols to ... SBRs? Dunno.

Might just be the nose of the camel coming inside the tent? Remember we have a lame duck President, (kinda and almost) who still has plenty of time to do it to us. Just me. HB of CJ (old coot)

I also do not see the Treasury and BATFE directors as being extremely pro 2nd amendment august gentlemen either. Anything is possible regarding future rulings ... or changes to current rulings. What is concerning is that there are many gray areas in such agency NFA rulings. sad.png

If I had to guess (and that's all any of us are doing) I'd say that the ATF treats shotguns very differently than rifles/pistols and will continue to do so.  The ATF may not have foreseen the result of the Sig brace ruling (or maybe they did) but they probably want to nip it in the bud when it comes to shotguns.

There is no reason that the brace can't be treated differently for shotguns.  The rules for shotguns have been different all along.

I would absolutely love to have a 14" shotgun with a Sig brace and no paperwork, but that's never even been an option.  Short shotguns are nfa items in every case.  The difference is how much the stamp costs.  Paperwork is the same.  Wait is the same.  Restrictions are the same.

Unless there are states that don't allow SBS but do allow AOW, which would be the only time it would really matter.

Edited by Darth Saigus